• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Lamentation of Lolth - Chapter III

hippocrachus

First Post
"We must continue on, friend Teleri," Calenthang says gently but firmly; in no way happy with the thought of just abandoning a soul in need, and in full agreement with his more righteous companion.
"If none will traverse to the other side, I shall go," he adds. "We will have to part here, if that is the case, friend Drogo."

hippocrachus

First Post
Calenthang offers a sharp nod and a smile to Chastity, and kneels down to allow Drogo to "dismount."
"Tell me, friend Andreas, is this whirlpool magical?" he turns to the sorcerer with raised eyebrows. "It just doesn't seem natural, is all."

Jarval

Explorer
"One moment, and I'll be able to tell you." Andreas replies quickly, glad to be of some use. He weaves a spell and studies the whirlpool for any trace of magical energy.

(OoC: Casting detect magic.)

kirinke

First Post
Teleri sighs, unwilling to abandon them. "I will go with you as well, but first, let Andreas cast his spell to make sure that this pool is what it seems." she grinned. "I was raised to not abandon my friends. Nor allow my own fears to rule me,"

Even though alone, you probably would have turned back to get a rope. She chided herself gently.

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
"Well, if you plan to discuss, I can run back and find a rope. Just ask, and I am on my way."

OOC: If someone accept, Sielwoodan will run back to the well, climb up to get a rope, fall down (using feather fall) to go faster and run back here.

Last edited:

Majin

First Post
After casting his detection spell Andreas finds, that on the contrary, the whirlpool the party is looking at is very real indeed. Calenthang, preparing to enter the water on his own detects a steep drop off in height of the water level. Any testing of how deep the water is in front of you reveals it to be about 10 feet. Whoever wants to pass through this room to set up a rope for the others, must swim.

Dhes

Explorer
Dunstand walks back to the first room and tugs on his rope, releasing it from the footing.

Walking back to the group (Not thinking that they even noticed that he was gone) he says,
“ok, we have a rope, now we need to find out who is going to cross first. I’m not a very good swimmer, but I’m pretty strong so I would go if no one ells is willing”

ooc: looking at the carecter sheet, it seems that Calenthang and Teleri are the strongest, they get a +3 for STR on swimming so if any one would go, one of the would have the best chance of getting to the other side.
(When removing all armor and equipment)

Last edited:

Seonaid

Explorer
"I am not a strong swimmer," Chastity says somewhat regretfully. "I never had need before today. But I am willing to go if it is necessary."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads