• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Lamentation of Lolth - Chapter III

hippocrachus

First Post
"I fear more for the safety of all of you more than I do myself," he says to Sielwoodan with a light smile. "And I fear for all of your safety a lot," he says, winking at Teleri.

Majin

First Post
The rope safely tied around his waist, Calenthang starts his swim across the room. Many times the current drags and pulls him towards the whirlpool but the rest of the party keeps him from being pulled under by the rope. Eventually he makes his way across and holds the rope while the others cross. Finally the last party member across is dragged through the water holding on to the other end of the rope.

Not having enough room in the tight passageway the members that fall back into the adjoining room see strange brownish-green moss-like plants hanging from the ceiling. There is also a thin layer of gray plankton floating on the surface of the water in this cavern.

Suddenly the murky water gives way to what looks like a hill of vines or moss. Rising ominously 6 feet in the air the plant-mass gives way to thick, ropy arms and legs. In silence it waves it's viney arms menacingly as it moves towards you!

Initiative:

Drogo - 23
Calenthang - 19
Ayden - 19
Teleri - 18
Shambling Mound - 18
Sielwoodan - 17
Andreas - 9
Dunstand - 8
Chastity - 6

Last edited:

Manzanita

First Post
Drogo

"Oh, looks grim." thinks Drogo. But he figures quick offensive action is best. Focusing his mind on the realms of fire, he calls into existance a ball of yellow flame in the palm of his right hand, which he is careful to keep above the water.

OOC: This is produce flame. On his next action, he plans to throw the little fire ball at the plant creature. Hopefully, if it extends 6 feet above the water, he should be able to aim above his companions. His attack, if this will work for round 2, would be +6(1d6)+3

Verbatim

Explorer
Ayden's arms felt as if they were made of lead as he finally reached the others across the room. Several times he felt the water threatening to pull him free from the rope, but his Uncle, as well as Tymora, had granted him the strength to make it across and as he tried to catch his breath, once feeling out of place among his hardier companions, Ayden watched as the moss in the room came alive and began lashing out at those in the room with it.

~A spawn of Moander...surely Tyrinith is a mage to be feared if she has unlocked the dark secrets of summoning one of these beasts...~

Calling out to his companions, Ayden hoped his minor knowledge of the god who Finder usurped would be of use.

"Beware the beast's touch, as it can absorb a creature into it to feed upon."

His brief warning given, Ayden quickly grabbed his holy symbol and called upon Finder's blessing for his friends.

"Guide our strikes with thy grace Uncle..."

Last edited:

Dhes

Explorer
Dunstand positions him self so that he has a clear shot at the shambling mound. And quickly throws his dagger at the shambling mound before the creature can notice him.
Throw dagger, +5 (1d4+2,) (19-20/x2)

After releasing his dagger he quickly draws a 2nd dagger from his writs sheath

Last edited:

Jarval

Explorer
Now thoroughly soaked, Andreas stands irritably wringing the water out of his cloak. He starts in alarm as the plant-creature rises out of the water, and backs away a few steps.

With a few words and a gesture his companions are becoming quite familiar with, Andreas launches two bolts of energy towards the beast.

"Hey, did you see that?" He asks Ayden excitedly, looking distinctly surprised by the appearance of two missiles. "I did two at once!"

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads