The Last Duel (2021)

Greggy C

Hero
I feel sorry this didn't do great at the movies due to the pandemic. But damn it was good. The only critique I had which I won't go into was some retelling of pieces.
But apart from that it felt incredibly real, authentic and scary.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
Did you see it in theaters or streaming? I'm waiting to stream it. It did look interesting. I'm disappointed it didn't perform well. A number of films have not performed well. Covid certainly has played a big part in that. The last movie I saw in theaters was The Joker. I think the only movies doing anything are the mindless action movies.

Greggy C

Hero
Did you see it in theaters or streaming? I'm waiting to stream it. It did look interesting. I'm disappointed it didn't perform well. A number of films have not performed well. Covid certainly has played a big part in that. The last movie I saw in theaters was The Joker. I think the only movies doing anything are the mindless action movies.
Streaming, I don't think it needed a big screen. It certainly leaves an impression regardless.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
Brutal is right. I liked that they told the story from each point of view. So well acted, even Ben Affleck. I really felt bad for The Lady.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Brutal is right. I liked that they told the story from each point of view. So well acted, even Ben Affleck. I really felt bad for The Lady.
Yeah. The attitudes of medieval France (well mediaeval anywhere) -- you know this historical stuff intellectually, but it's different when you see it.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
I wanted to say it failed because of its running time. That did seem to be the one thing some flops this year had in common. Spiderman: No Way Home has a similar running time.

Despite its box office sales, it'll probably up for and win some awards. Not saying he should win, but Ridley Scott for Best Director nomination? Adam Driver best supporting actor.

Remove ads