Critical Role The Legend of Vox Machina Season Two!

Amrûnril

Adventurer
Sam Riegel “To try to adapt it to a single season is a daunting task. We were trying to find out if it was possible. Thankfully, we got greenlit for season 3.” So it looks like chroma conclave will be seasons 2 and 3

Yeah, the Conclave arc is three times the length of the Briarwood arc. Trying to condense it into a single season would have been a huge mistake.

jgsugden

Legend
You can do it in one season of 12 episodes. I ampped it out once. The vestiges and dragon slaying play the key parts (outside the attack on Emon) and they can remove almost all of the connecting bits between those events. The first episode could be the attack on Emon and run through the discover of the Vestiges. Then you'd have 10 episodes where vesitges and dragon slaying take place. That leaves an extra episode for some of the other intrigue of the arc. There is a lot of 'fluff' in there that is optional to the core story.

You can do it in one season of 12 episodes. I ampped it out once. The vestiges and dragon slaying play the key parts (outside the attack on Emon) and they can remove almost all of the connecting bits between those events. The first episode could be the attack on Emon and run through the discover of the Vestiges. Then you'd have 10 episodes where vesitges and dragon slaying take place. That leaves an extra episode for some of the other intrigue of the arc. There is a lot of 'fluff' in there that is optional to the core story.
It CAN be done, but they have been lobbying hard for Amazon to greenlight Season 3 so they could do the Chroma Conclave justice across two seasons. From the moment they got a second season approved, they wanted a third for that reason.

Do we know how well season 1 did? I'm guessing it did well to get a 2nd and 3rd season. Just curious, I loved it and can't wait to see more.

And if there are 4 seasons of Vox Machnia - might we get an original story that take place after the events of the streaming?Something that tells the story between the end of streaming and the first time we see them again ...
I think the group dynamics behind the show make it unlikely that they would have a further season after the events of the campaign, because one of their characters doesn't survive the campaign.

Then again I was sure they'd just write Pike into the Briarwoods arc rather than be weirdly faithful to having her sidelined because the player was gone for those episodes, so you never know.

Then again I was sure they'd just write Pike into the Briarwoods arc rather than be weirdly faithful to having her sidelined because the player was gone for those episodes, so you never know.
Same! I was excited to see how they would write Pike into the adventure. It was a genuine surprise they stayed faithful.

jgsugden

Legend
I think the group dynamics behind the show make it unlikely that they would have a further season after the events of the campaign, because one of their characters doesn't survive the campaign.

That player has played a different character 'Post Campaign' in a VM one shot - and there could be a story centered around that missing character returning to deal with a lingering thread from the campaign. Specifically, Vex swore something to the Raven Queen and that Oath has not been fulfilled. Matt has said that the RQ blew it off () - at the time - but ... it creates an opportunity for a level appropriate adventure that could involve the original party members.

That player has played a different character 'Post Campaign' in a VM one shot - and there could be a story centered around that missing character returning to deal with a lingering thread from the campaign. Specifically, Vex swore something to the Raven Queen and that Oath has not been fulfilled. Matt has said that the RQ blew it off () - at the time - but ... it creates an opportunity for a level appropriate adventure that could involve the original party members.
I enjoyed Matt basically describing the Raven Queen's reaction go Vex's promise as "lol, sure, even I'm not gonna hold you to that".

BRayne

Adventurer

EDIT: Probably also should have included this info in the post:
Additional guest cast for Season 2 includes Will Friedle (“Boy Meets World”), Billy Boyd (“The Lord of the Rings”), Cree Summer (“Rugrats,” “The Patrick Star Show”), Alanna Ubach (“Euphoria”), Mary Elizabeth McGlynn (“Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence”), Troy Baker (“The Last of Us”), Sendhil Ramamurthy (“Heroes”) and Ralph Ineson (“The Witch”).

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases