The Legend of Vox Machina (Spoilers)

Ondath

Hero
As someone who watched the entirety of the Chroma Conclave arc, I have to say that Season 2 got me really excited. They're clearly more comfortable deviating from the streamed game when it serves the story. I was rather tepid on the season because I thought I knew all the upcoming twists and turns, but the changes mean the season can surprise me as well!

Spicing the Kamalijori encounter with the Umbrasyl ambush was a nice twist, and now I have no idea what's going to happen next as none of this happened in the game! Though I have to admit, when it's all laid out like this, I feel like the stream's Chroma Conclave arc had too many balls to juggle:
  • The MacGuffin fetch quest of getting all the Vestiges
  • The fights with each dragon
  • Grog's tribe
  • Grog's secrecy with Craven Edge and his duel with Earthbreaker Groon
  • Ripley
  • Scanlan's continuous neglect by others (I'm sure that won't lead anywhere interesting...)
And now the show added a minor Slayer's Take arc to this (granted, they had to switch around the order of things)... I am slightly worried there will be too many plot threads to resolve in a satisfying manner in one season.

Now that they also announced a Mighty Nein series, I wonder if they'll bother adapting C1's final arc, or if they'll switch to MN immediately for Season 3.

BRayne

Adventurer
As someone who watched the entirety of the Chroma Conclave arc, I have to say that Season 2 got me really excited. They're clearly more comfortable deviating from the streamed game when it serves the story. I was rather tepid on the season because I thought I knew all the upcoming twists and turns, but the changes mean the season can surprise me as well!

Spicing the Kamalijori encounter with the Umbrasyl ambush was a nice twist, and now I have no idea what's going to happen next as none of this happened in the game! Though I have to admit, when it's all laid out like this, I feel like the stream's Chroma Conclave arc had too many balls to juggle:
  • The MacGuffin fetch quest of getting all the Vestiges
  • The fights with each dragon
  • Grog's tribe
  • Grog's secrecy with Craven Edge and his duel with Earthbreaker Groon
  • Ripley
  • Scanlan's continuous neglect by others (I'm sure that won't lead anywhere interesting...)
And now the show added a minor Slayer's Take arc to this (granted, they had to switch around the order of things)... I am slightly worried there will be too many plot threads to resolve in a satisfying manner in one season.

Now that they also announced a Mighty Nein series, I wonder if they'll bother adapting C1's final arc, or if they'll switch to MN immediately for Season 3.

They already confirmed that season 3 will continue the Conclave arc.

Remove ads