The Legend of Vox Machina (Spoilers)

Rabulias

the Incomparably Shrewd and Clever
In the original campaign, they fought a Beholder at that point, and the fishmen were kuo-toa. Critical Role has been very careful to avoid using D&D-isms in their show to keep their IP separate.
They called the fishman in the lake "adaro." I think they are from Pathfinder but Open Game Content.

Edited to add: Adaro is from myths and legends around the Solomon Islands.

Last edited:

Hussar

Legend
In the original campaign, they fought a Beholder at that point, and the fishmen were kuo-toa. Critical Role has been very careful to avoid using D&D-isms in their show to keep their IP separate.

Y’know I kinda wondered about that. After all, nothing in the stream references Dnd at all I think. Obviously deliberately.

Ondath

Hero
Y’know I kinda wondered about that. After all, nothing in the stream references Dnd at all I think. Obviously deliberately.
Yup. I noticed this in the first season when they completely removed any traces of Vancian casting (Pike occasionally says she's tapped out at narratively inopportune moments, but that's it).

Clearly it was a prescient move.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
That sphinx. OMG! I may have popped a tent. "Wound me." Holy moly. The whole thing was beautifully rendered. I need a miniature of the dragons and the sphinxes. There was some epic level bardness going on in that scene. 😍🤩

Well having Mythcarver fall into enemy claws, and being the MacGuffin of MacGuffin-finding, was a major narrative improvement, given that it's the vestige which, in the stream, became mostly irrelevant because Scanlan's player was just not really interested in using a sword.

I don't particularly remember what all the vestiges were, because of course each player got one, but the Bow and the Gauntlets are the (remaining) ones where I actually remember the plot arcs involved in questing after them, so it seems like a good choice to highlight those, if they are paring down the MacGuffin list.

They seem to have already folded the abilities of Whisper the teleporting dagger into Vax's other, far more story-important vestige, which makes a lot of story sense.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases