• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Long Journey Home

Sierra squad:
[MENTION=6699140]'Ghost'[/MENTION]
Something seems familiar about her though you doubt it is her appearance.

"Nah, your name is obviously isn't Ghost, so if you ain't using your real name. Then neither am I! Ghostie it is! And come on, where's the fun if we don't get to add some ka-ching to the MDAs!"

Sarah then addresses Aleksandra

"Well then fly to it! I trust you clever clogs can get the job done, as for me!"

Sarah winks at Ghost.

"I'm going to get my own MDA for outside, looks like I'll need it to protect me from your glares as opposed to the expanse of space!"

Naomi replies on the comms link.

"Permission granted"

Echo Squad:

Damiano looks on at Arthur quizzically. "Er Underground surveying.. quite quickly. I have some in my office, well what's left of it. If that isn't enough we can go to the supply chambers. Might I ask.. what do you plan to do with that?"

Ray Ray

First Post
"Movin' things. Roger that. It'll be just like haulin' all of Rey's suitcases to the cargo bay,ey?"
He paused, his posture changing, mimicking his twin; interestingly, his voice was also a near perfect mockery.
"Ray, do I bring the fluffy alpaca or another photo of the dog? Can I fit this in -your- suitcase? What, there's a weight limit?"
He regained his composure, grinning back at Rey.
"Yer said the critically injured have been moved, but what of the rest,ey? Is everyone accounted for?"

Mikhail Zhukov

First Post
as competent a tank head Misha is, he can't assess the hull of an interstellar vehicle, unless there's a Phd in astrophysics and aeronautical design he has not told me about.

And that is where you are wrong dear sister. A space ship is like big tank. It just needs some love and hardcore hammering. And both of those I have in abundance. And Sarah I will make sure to bring you back a souvenir.

Going back to bushiness face

Alright those aboard UMT "Snowdrop" move your backsides, we don't know when those things will come back for a rematch and it is god damn impolite to greet ones enemy with ones pants down!

Ray_Ray

First Post
She let out a slight chuckle "Do you really think that sounds like me, your acting skills are terrible brother she said as she walked to the debris "Can I borrow your Robot?"she asked Arthur "If you are going for equipment I will need a small paksis generator, I should be able to let the little guy scout for us with a direct feed"

"As is stands Arthur is correct, we should make sure we know what we are going into before we start moving, just like when My dearest brother got himself in a problem digging right into a sink hole, how long did it take us to pull you out?"

'Ghost'

First Post
The glare doesn't end at the use of the nickname, but she is not part of his squad so there is very little he can do about it.

We have permission, everyone suit up. Private Aleksandra, you have a point, so Private Tsuba you will accompany the Zhukov's outside the vessel. Which means I'm with you Miss Taylor. I'll suit up and meet you in 5 minutes.

Damn it this is really going to get old fast. Who is she, she seems familiar or at least her manner does. More importantly how does she know me if she does? I thought I tied up all my loose ends before I left.

Ghost enters the armory, he gives a quick salute then explains he'll be taking his suit. As soon as he enters and powers up Sarah comes online.

You seem more distracted then usual?
*she then jokingly says*Lady problems ghost?
The glare intensifies as it's directed at Sarah. He then turns away and continues with the powering up of the suit. Her eyes brighten up, she then starts to giggle a little.

I'm right? Really? So who is she ghost? Is she pretty? Is she single? Does she like you? Do you like her? Awww come on ghost tell me.

The glare persists, but he then returns to finishing the booting up.

It is not lady problems Sarah, now my patience is starting to wear thin, continue questioning me and I'll deactivate you. We've got work to do, and I'd rather it go by as quickly as possible because I have more pressing concerns to take care of.

Sarah quietens down, but the grin on her face doesn't disappear. Someone has actually got under his skin, this is unlike Ghost. Who knows maybe she'd get to meet her on this little outing. They weren't going into space and Ghost was unequipped so this was new, she'd actually get to see part of the ship. The idea excited her almost as much as the person who had gotten underneath Ghost's skin. She remained quiet for the time being, she was having way to much fun to risk deactivation. As he returns Ghost walks up to Sarah.

So where should we begin?

On the internal comm....

Is that her?

Ghost hisses under his breath and tells her to quiet down and concern herself with the task at hand. Whilst emphasizing that there was no lady and the whole thing was in her head. To which she giggles again but quietens down, only to project herself on Ghosts suit.

Hi, I'm ghost's Sniper and recon assisting hologram. But you can call me Sarah for short.

Ghost resigns himself for the time being. He knew what her personality was like, but she was refreshing at times. Sometimes it helped to hear someone joke and laugh around you. But it was never enough to lift Ghost, he had too many regrets to forget them so easily. He just gritted his teeth and hoped the next few hours would be as painless as possible.

Last edited:

Ray Ray

First Post
"No longer than it takes you to get dressed up in the mornin'. Besides, I had a treasure map, I stand by my decision."

He looked around the area at the debris; unfortunately, his expertise were not in analysis. all he saw was carnage and that was the extent of his thoughts on the matter.

Ray_Ray

First Post
"Just because I care about presentation, you need to make sure everything is in order, from explosives to weapons to arms to your demeanor"

She turned to the civilian liason they had, expression firm "You sure we have no hull breaches?"

Aleksandra stared.

She stared dumbfounded at the piece of technology that was handed to her from Meia.
She stared at the small oblong box as it slowly unfolded into the pieces of floating plate armour and the technology that had been contained within. It arrayed itself around her form and then the hologram form engaged around her pulling the parts in close and gently orbiting.

"Miea what in the hell happened to this?" Aleksandra said barely containing her glee "it's like the armour of my dreams, hell half of this doesn't exist yet technologically speaking, how is this even possible? Paksis? Damn I thought I was doing well on the Paksis front. This is mind blowing..."

Aleksandra continued to blather about her new suit for a while mostly unaware of other conversations around her.

Two small holograms of women were projected from the suit, One with long hair and a faded orange colour the other with almost no hair and a dark purple. The two women looked around the room and the purple one address the people there.

"Hey I'm Olga, the orange one is Ula but she's not good at talking to other people so don't worry if she doesn't say things." As she said that Ula changed from an orange to a much pinker colour. "We're Aleksandra's VIs, so yeah, anyway, our damn user is geeking out like an idiot so I'll talk for her till she's done." Olga turned to look at ghost directly. "Huh, you look less grumpy on this view point, the helmet cam makes you look really dour."

She then directed her attention toward the hologram on Ghosts chest and her pose suddenly changed to far more casual and coquettish. "Hey there beautiful" she sauntered languidly though the air up to the image of sarah. "And what would your name be?" A warm glow lit the scene from behind as Ula turned almost fluorescent pink.

Arthur Campbell

First Post
Arthur got out a notepad and started scribbiling. My compatriot is correct in one way. When extracting things from debris, be it people or equipment, time is of the essence. In order to ascertain the most efficient method of debris clearance knowing how it is arrayed will allow us to move it safely and quickly. It may also allow us to identify where valuables might be. The more specific reason I'm requesting the equipment is that I notice that much of the debris is in rather large chunks, probably the result of a hull that wasn't designed to take explosive hits. Therefore I intend to reduce the average size of the debris and redisperse it into less key places. Basically, with my captains permission of course... He snapped his notepad shut and turned around to face them I can blow this debris to significantly speed up the process.

He then turned to what he assumed was the correct twin I think kaboom still has its' old video feed equipment from its days as a mining drone, but if you can hook up something more modern I'd appreciate it.

'Ghost'

First Post
Erm....My name's Sarah, pleased to meet you Olga and pleased to meet your friend Ula as well. I didn't realise there were other programs like me. Hey ghost, why didn't you tell me about them?

His expression didn't change, he continued getting his suit ready.

Simply put I didn't know they existed either. This is the first time I've seen them. Getting a little tired of people or holograms talking about my mood though.

Oh....Don't mind him, he just get's shy around new people. How comes Ula has changed colour? That's such a cool trick, wish I could do that.

She follows with a little pout but soon enough starts smiling again. Happy to have met new people, or holograms as it were.

Remove ads