• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Long Journey Home

J. D. Tsuba

First Post
Suddenly, J.D snaps back to reality, having listened carefully to everything said, and completed analysis of ship damage and personal capabilities.

turning to ghost first
You, I am tired of being addressed as private, you will call me Dr Tsuba if you wish to be formal from now on. As a side note, myself and Aleksandra are the most qualified members of this squad for science based missions, you will follow our instructions for the duration of this mission.
this man seriously needs to get his head straight, I will not have a weak man telling me what to do.

moving away from ghost, having said everything he intended, his focus next lands on Sarah
I commend your resourcefulness in the engineering you have accomplished in my absence, you should continue to make any repairs you can, while I fix the hull from the outside, I will then return to instruct you further.
moving a little closer
Also you have a little something on your face.

his eyes catch those of Mikhail next
I appreciate your offer of stable platforming, otherwise our proportionate masses to the ship may end in an unfortunate acceleration due to any extreme force required for the repair process!

after chuckling briefly to himself, he swiveled to face Aleksandra
I don't know if you have much experience with starship design and engineering, but from our earlier conversations you seem intelligent enough to make a fine partner in the work ahead, shall we?

at which, brushing some imaginary dirt from the lapel of his suit, he extends an arm to Aleksandra, waiting for her before boarding the Snowdrop

OOC: Sorry guys, i go away for a day, and i have like 3 pages of thread to read! not fair! I wanted to input :(

"Well it was never something I ever studied super seriously I had one module on aeronautics and one on technologically applied advanced physics when I was doing my undergrad in advanced technological studies. I also dabbled in spaceships in MIT, I was planning on joining the New Soviet Space Program back when I was 18, I even applied for the astronaut exam after university. So I'm not an expert but I've got a little experience.

She happily accepted his hand as she stepped into the mighty megalith that was snowdrop 2.0 "Damn bro, snow drop sure got mean looking. Hell I've not seen some of these guns before at all. So what about you Dr Tsuba can I call you J.D? Do you have experience with a prototype explorer class vessel?"

Olga waved goodbye wistfully to sarah and floated into the monstrous tank with Aleksandra. Ula's glow had calmed back down to a safe orange and she hovered around behind Aleksandra as they went.

OOC: Dude so sorry about the pages, stuff went off tha hook now that combat (and term) are over.

Last edited:

OOC: God darnit! The amount you guys post in a day is incredible!! I shall have to check this RP far more often now we're out of combat!!

Alexander nods slowly. He was no geologist, and certainly no miner, but he did have some expertise in the area of demolition, and the plan that Arthur had suggested seemed to some extent to be the best course of action considering the limited time they had.

Team, this is an excellent plan; and Miss Mourissette, your knowledge of planning is a credit to us all. So, if I have got this correct, we will trust Arthur to detonate a series of controlled explosions. We should, however, seal this room and evacuate all non-suited personnel just in case this debris is in fact plugging a hole to the void. As for you, Mr Mourisette, finding out a crew roster is an excellent idea; I hope the Doctor will be able to shed more light when he gets here. As for glorious physique, it is nothing. Not everyone is lucky enough to be born German, but it's a duty I take on my broad and impressive shoulders proudly!"

He smirks to the rest of his squad, winking to them to ensure them that this was his own brand of personal humour.

"Well, I will help with the debris as much as possible. Also, if you require aid, I have done some explosives work in my time as a soldier. Together we shall clear this obstacle!"

OOC: If I can either Aid Arthur's check, or flex at him to make him better at demolitions, these are things I will do.

'Ghost'

First Post
Do not presume to judge me Olga when you know nothing of what I've been through. This time the anger can be heard underneath his tones.

As for you private Tsuba, you are dangerously close to insubordination. As long as you remain in my squad you will be a private, I will not take orders from you. If you don't like the way I run things then take it up with command. I am not the head scientist in you're research team, I am you squad captain in the military.

The anger that was in his voice dissipates as he addresses J.D. Just as quickly as it had arrived. He then turns to the squad...

Talk to the commodore if you're that unhappy. He's the only one with the authority to change the situation.

He then turns and walks off, heading for the weapons rack, picking up his rifle and detaching the scope. Placing it in a compartment that opened up on his suit. After checking to make sure it was up to his standards, he threw it around his shoulder and waited by the airlock.

After you Miss Taylor

Last edited:

Arthur Campbell

First Post
Arthur nodded at his captain Very well sir I'll head up to Meia and acquire some explosives. When kaboom arrives I'll leave it in your capable hands morissette, it's not that bright but it's good at following instructions. Arthur then walked back to the armoury.
Ah miss Meia I need some more explosives. If you could be so kind.

OOC: I think it was everyone was bored on a Sunday, or it looked like it. I stopped posting so it didn't transition without you guys having some input xD

Sierra squad:

Sarah just folds her arms and rolls her eyes at the men's exchange.
"Still being Grumpy face and this is not clunky, it is pure finesse! So much tchhh that it can kerchak the best of things!"

She enters the suit and powers it up.
"Anyway let's blast off, we're headed to clear some of that debris from those boarding ships!"

As she joins Ghost at the air lock gives him a quick nudge.
"I hope Ghostie isn't afraid of the things that might ... around corners! Of he isn't, he's a Ghostie" She giggles.

The rest of the group heads off through the hanger bay door using Snowdrop. There is a few minutes before Snowdrop will reach the engines all that can be heard for a little while is the silence of space, a slight clink or two from the bar on board Snowdrop.

Sarah is quite happily dragging Ghost along using her jet boots while holding him with her suits arms.

"So ... Ghostie... why you fighting for Starseeker?
OOC: You can continue that convo in PM if you'd prefer as knowing ghost a lot of that will be spoiler tags.

Echo Squad:

Damiano is slightly flustered by what's going on but he just nods quickly then rushes off to get his equipment. Arthur wonders off and the rest of the crew helps out Alexander clearing off personnel until doctor Fedor arrives.

Fedor is a relatively tall man, standing at about 6'1". Very short black hair that seems to have been kept short on purpose. He is currently wearing a blood splattered white lab coat with the Russian flag above his pocket.

"Salutations Starseeker. I am Fedor, pleasure to make your acquaintances, I wish it was under better circumstances however." He chuckles. "Then again people only come to me at the very worst of times so that would be asking far too much. Now my hardy compatriots, there seems to be 15 people from the offices in the section that are unaccounted for. It would be good to have them alive, we have lost two of those in critical condition. Unfortunate though their deaths will not be wasted, they have been used to stabilise some of the others. Now I presume the worst that most of those 15 will be dead. However their organs will be useful still if they have not exploded or shredded beyond recognition." He chuckles again.

"Anything more I can help you with at the moment or shall I wait until we start uncovering some of those bodies?" Fedor then stretches his arms over his head and you can hear the click of some of his muscles returning into place.

Arthur approaches Meia, who looks at him unimpressed for a moment. "Uh huh, right, why would you need those now? ... wait don't answer that first answer this." She places one of the grenades he was equipped with on his last outing.

"What is that?"

J. D. Tsuba

First Post
as they took their respective seats inside the tank J.D continued

Of course my dear, I only require formal titles from people who need a quick jolt back to the situation at hand

he explained winking at her

As for my engineering and cosmonautics I have a certain amount of experience with this ship, seeing as I helped design it.
While I was teaching at Oxford I was contacted and offered a Job on the R&D team designing the paksis engine integration system. In that capacity I became familiar with the basic design for most parts of this ship.

Although I wonder how much the ship has changed since I saw the designs, if our suits are anything to go by we could be seeing some very interesting changes in the design, or even composition of our vessel.

As they sped of, and with a drink in hand, J.D continued
I must say Mr Zhukov, It isn't to my tastes I'll admit, but it is definitely reassuring to be inside your contraption this time! If you don't mind me asking, what brought you onto the wanderer and into this mess called starseeker?

OOC: I shall be using Crafting and Science on the outside of the ship. For Science!
Also, can I use perception or intuition to see/notice if there are any changes to the ship such our suits underwent

She smiled back.

"Wow that's really rather impressive. Especially at your age, what did you teach as a professor Dr J.D?"

As she talked Olga and Ula flew around the rest of the cabin, inspecting all of Snowdrops up-grades. Ula took some time to catalogue the liquor in the bar.

"This is a dull as hell bar," Olga moaned "It needs a bartender to mix crazy cocktails and hot little waitresses in short skirts and rollers skates." she did a little twirl across the bar as she said this. "Hey Ula, you should put the maid skin back on that you had at Tokyo U and pour us some holo shots." Ula's neon tendencies flared up again and she darted behind the bar adding a nice glow to the cabin.

Olga flitted off to wards the driver's cabin to pester Mikhail.
"What do you think Misha, ever wanted snowdrop to talk back in those long winter nights?"

OOC: I'll be using perception(6) intuition(5) and science(8) to help with the shifting of debris and making repairs with my thermal lance. Probably with direction from Tsuba. I'll use my acrobatics (6) to maneuver outside snowdrop with my jump pack as well if need be.

Last edited:

Arthur Campbell

First Post
I need the explosives to clear some debris, people are trapped and time is of the essence as for your quandry... he regarded the grenade and put his palms together his index fingers touching his lips, his face an expression of deep concentration
Well I'll be damned, it appears there is an armourer with half a brain after all, she even appears to have noticed the modifications without opening it

His eyes shifted to Meia
Still, I think an open omission here may be hazardous

He arched an eyebrow
Well...in my professional opinion, with all the facts presented to me, I would have to say that it is...a grenade.
If you have further questions regarding this...grenade I'll happily speak to you later. But for now I'd like the equipment to carry out my assignment.

Ray_Ray

First Post
With their new arrival Rey grinned "You can trust our demolition expert, he will not let a single hair on their heads be harmed... weather they are alive or dead" she said while calmly regarding the man "Wouldn't it however be quite unsanitary to wear a bloodstained Labcoat, surely they are supposed to be pristine white for a reason?" she asked, humming as she tried to think.

((OOC: do the crew have individual communicators on the ship?))

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads