The Long Journey Home

OOC: Continuing Echo squads things, I think Sierra squad is waiting on Mikhail to reply.

The twins enter the canteen, it is relatively peaceful for the moment. There are two others that are here before the twins arrived, a guy and a girl both having a french flag on their shoulders. People seem to be slowly filing in after their assignments.

Arthur pulls the pin, not quite sure what it might do. Though it feels a lot light than before. A few moments later streamers and a squeaky noise erupt from the grenade. Arthur sits there staring at his hand while a few streamers are left hanging from his head.

In the Bridge the commodore replies to Bauhdric after he plugs the data into a device that Naomi has.

"Hmmm, not bad, but not looking good. I thought it would be worse. We will have to rearrange some of the squads, it looks like we are down to 90 starseeker already. Not looking good, medical supplies and organs at 88%. Promising but we're going to have to make that last, I hope for no more surprising in the near future. Did Fedor speak of anything else he'd like you to do?"

Mikhail Zhukov

First Post
Mikhail replied to Meia still standing at estimated safe distance just in case the seeming interest coming from the quartermaster was just a cunning ruse to get him to drop his guard.

Well the air filter seems to have given up on filtering it and just produces air out of, well thin air as it would seem, as I cant see any extra bits on top of standard filters attached to it. Mikhail removed a stray streamer from his hair without changing tone or speed. As for pressure and temperature control and the like I have no idea, it seems like usual cloth. Maybe some kind of energy field? And yes you can inspect the suit as long as you promise not to make me strip. I am really shy.

Shifting attention to Ghost.

Returning to the events on the boarding ship I now realize that POW might not have been the most accurate term to use. Mikhail held out the cube. This is what I was referring to. Making a rather enormous assumption that their ships are designed using at least somewhat similar logic to that of our own ships, I found his device on what I think was the bridge and using the same assumption would make this a helmsmen interface or ,considering what we have seen of our enemy so far, the helmsman himself.

OOC: Stop judging me! I am on the Holiday Bus calling at Christmas-New Year-Birthday-Christmas-New Year-Birthday. Next stop Christmas.

Ray_Ray

First Post
Rey hummed as she entered, noting the two other people "I guess most people are still working, we must have been rather quick all things considered Eh?"

She grabbed some water from the canteen and wandered over to the pair"Mind if me and my brother sit down? been a long day after all." ​she asked with a warm smile.

Ray Ray

First Post
Rey hummed as she entered, noting the two other people "I guess most people are still working, we must have been rather quick all things considered Eh?"

She grabbed some water from the canteen and wandered over to the pair"Mind if me and my brother sit down? been a long day after all." ​she asked with a warm smile.

Ray lagged a little behind Rey; he wasn't just grabbing water. he had a pile of trays balanced precariously on top of each other as he approached the table. even he wasn't sure what was on them. "food. good. sit. yes?" was his only contribution to the conversation. He could just barely see over the trays.

'Ghost'

First Post
Ghost takes a moment to look at the device...

If that is the helmsman, or the helm device it could have vital intel on this area we're in, take it down to research immediately. If any of you wish to investigate this yourselves you have my permission. For the time being we have no orders so you are free to do as you wish. There is also the matter of our aggressors, some of which have been captured also. Likewise, if you wish to investigate them feel free. Once I have our orders I'll contact you all. Remember debrief will happen in our quarters at 1400. Anyone else have anything worth reporting or did your field report cover all I need to know private Aleksandra?

After a few moments more ghost makes for the exit, opening the doors and heading off towards the bridge. Meanwhile, still unsure about what to do Sarah falls in behind ghost and follows him through the corridors. Taking in everything with a slight awe, enjoying her new found freedom.

OOC: I'm still happy to roleplay out in the armoury if you guys think there's more to be done, I'll just tweak the space time continuum a bit ^^ adding in the neccesary details to the report I'm about to give.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Arriving on the bridge Ghost snaps to attention when he sees the commodore and salutes. Sarah, still a little unsure about her surroundings does the same. He then hands over the report given to him by Sarah and speaks

Captain Ghost reporting in sir. That's a list containing our current supplies and probable salvage from the recovery mission. I am happy to report that repairs have ran smoothly, little more then superficial damage. The debris has been moved and the engines are being patched up by the engineers as we speak. Myself and chief engineer Taylor have collected all we could from the starboard vessel, Private Mikhail found an unknown device on the port side vessel, I've ordered it to research so the scientists can have a look at it and Privates Aleksandra and Tsuba oversaw the restoration of the engines to satisfaction. I've also dismissed sierra until we have further orders.

He then salutes again and turns to Alexander.
OOC: Who presumably is still in the bridge ^^

Greetings captain, I don't think we've been introduced yet. My name is Ghost, captain of sierra squad.

He extends a hand towards Alexander and waits. Sarah still trying to figure out how such a large man can possibly fit into the uniform he's wearing, the dimensions defying physics.

J. D. Tsuba

First Post
once back inside the ship. J.D listens quietly to everything being said, but perks up at the mention of science, especially when it involves alien robots!

'Shall we nip down to research for a bit Aleksandra? I feel our input may come in handy again.'
besides, I want to see if I can get any of that tech back into my own lab, nothing wrong with having an edge on everyone else, might make me even more useful!

'captain, let me know if anything comes up you need my help with again, you have my comm.'

OOC: Now to start the trend of posts by area instead of squad. wooo.

In the mess hall
The young lady looks up. She has quite short brunette hair that ends just around her chin, a bit of a serious look in her eyes though not much of an icy stare. She nods bidding you to sit down.

The man opposite her places his hands on his lap, laughing a little worriedly. He has short curly brownish hair that doesn't stray far from his head. He looks at the twins and says. "Oh don't mind her, she's just being shy. Sit down, we could always use company. Times are not looking good, though a belly full of food always warms the heart."

It is hard to discern their height though they both look like they take meticulous care of their uniforms, if they were out in the field just now it looks like they might have changed just to look presentable.

At the Bridge
The commodore takes the device off of Ghost and plugs it into his reader. His gaze not betraying the harsh reality of the situation.

"Well with the repairs we shall depart in a 16 or so hours safely. We are at 85% capacity in regards to engineers and their supplies. A further 6% is scavenged parts from the recent battle, thus we at 91% which is good." Okado takes a deep breath in. "In terms of military supplies, Quartermaster Hoffman says we have a total of 88% of our supply. A lot was expended by all members of Starseeker entering battle. Hopefully that number will decrease at a slower rate than the others, it is very hard to recuperate those loses. In terms of food supplies we are still at 99%, that will decrease very steadily as the missions was planned to last for at least 5 years. Saying that we don't want to lose it all needlessly through an enemy capturing it." Okado hands the reader to Naomi and nods, she walks off the bridge just leaving the two captains and Okado. He folds his arms behind his back and gives the two captains a stern look.

"Now, we have to make our way back to Earth or at least make contact with Earth so that they might send a rescue. I feel this will be an arduous journey. I will be honest, we likely do not have enough supplies to make it back to Earth in our current state. However, I can hazard a guess that we can kill two birds with one stone. We can hopefully perform the exploratory mission while making it back to Earth. As you know this ship is equipped to land on planets which we will use to our advantage. Your two squads are now inadvertently the best equipped for this mission with your enhanced MDAs. I am thus giving you both the authority to carry out planetside missions. These missions will need to carry out two objectives consistently. One, to bring back supplies or objects that we can use to maintain our supplies. Two, to bring back objects of study for this ships primary purpose." Okado pauses for a moment.

"There is of course exceptions to these objectives that will probably arise, though that is for you both to decide. Each mission will require you to expend some of our resources in weaponry and MDA capacity to send you planetside. Hopefully you will decide if the risk is worth the reward and actually bring back more supplies than you spent." He turns around to look at the ocean of stars that can be seen through the monitors on the Bridge.

"I am leaving these missions entirely up to you, I trust that you will both carry them out to the best of your abilities. From now on Echo and Sierra will act together as the planetside team. Use your squads strengths to compliment each other's weaknesses in the missions. I suggest you update your squads on your new task. Be ready for when Navigator Schafer has some potential targets for your two squads. Though your squads have earned some rest, take some time to recollect your thoughts. If you have any further questions you may direct them at Miss Lataille. Dismissed."

OOC: Check the group in the next few days, I will be posting a thread with the supply charts. Though the general gist is each mission you carry out will cost EP, at the minute there is 4000EP to spend. Each time you go out on a mission I will total up your EP expenditure and reduce your remaining supplies accordingly. Each time people on the ship including yourselves is injured you will be spending some of the medical supplies. If the ship itself is damaged or any of the vehicles need repairs the engineers will use up engineering supplies. You will hopefully replenish this as time goes on but who knows...?

Certain NPCs will grant you special abilities that can be used in space or during missions that affect the supplies. The two that you have found that will have abilities that will help you from the start are Sarah and Fedor. More details to follow.

Also to clarify for the squads, you still act independently of one another though you now be deployed on missions together. Think of it like the first fight though you might be investigating different points in a cavern or carrying out different objectives due to the skills offered by each squad. Basically you are a tiny platoon made of two squads.

Last edited:

Ray Ray

First Post
"Well my heart needs -alot- of warming, ey?" He commented as he placed his trays down on the table, taking the seat opposite to the girl.

"Shy lass? Come on doll, give us a hello, I'm sure your voice is sweet as honey."

OOC: Yes. Yes I will continue to flatter and otherwise flirt badly with every pretty girl Raymond meets.

Ray_Ray

First Post
"I don't mind, now as I haven't managed to memorize every name on the ship would you mind providing yours?" she spoke with a soft sigh, slipping into french as she yawned "<Food is nice but I find company more fulfilling, at least it is more mentally stimulating though my brother on the other hand will probably be happily stuffing his face, I am Rey by the way, Rey Morisette>"

She paused and made a face at her brother "Raymond, introductions before you start using the worst pickup lines in history"

OOC: And I will continue to chide you for it dear

Last edited:

Arthur Campbell

First Post
Arthur stood stock still, the only movement being a slight eye twitch, his look of anticipation otherwise frozen on his face.
His shoulders eventually slumped and he exhaled lightly.
He then did his best to try and re-assemble the grenade increasing its power at the same time.

OOC: Dice rolls
crafting: 3 degrees of success
scavenge:1 degree of failure

Finished with his efforts he walked out of the armoury in silence placing the grenade on the desk as he left.

He headed over to the canteen to meet up with his squad, grabbing a tray full of food he spotted the morisettes sitting with another pair of people. He hoped they weren't also twins, he could barely tell one pair apart.

He headed over and sat down sorry for the delay, I got distracted at the armoury. How's the food?

Remove ads