• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Long Journey Home

Mikhail Zhukov

First Post
Mikhail stumbled into the armory and surrendered his weapons to the quartermaster. After that he sat on the floor , back against the wall and looked up at Sierra.

So are we rolling around in agonizing self pity about our imminent demise or did we skip that part and went straight to heroic last stand for all mankind? he turned his head to his right staring at an empty space next to him for a bit and then says with unusual sadness in his voice, to quiet for most people in the room to hear Уже скоро.turning back to his squad mates he continued in his usual manner I see you are socializing here. That is good. Might make up for all that team training we never had.So anyone found anything interesting out there. Which actually reminds me.

Mikhail got up and walked to Meia. Standing just outside of what he imagined to be her reach with a dagger he began.

I am not sure how to go about this Miss Hoffman but it would appear that the MDA you gave me is a bit... ahh...gone.

OOC: Sorry for not posting for a bit but its 5:30 in the morning so LEAVE ME ALONE!!!

'Ghost'

First Post
Nothing get's past my eyes, I've always had excellent perceptions, may be why I chose to become a marksman. However, that being the case the slight hint of alcohol on your breath also hasn't gotten past me. Though I have no evidence other then my own perceptions so there will be no disciplinary action taken. However, I warn you now, drinking on duty is a strict breach of regulations. Though I'm sure you know that. This is a military outfit so I expect professionalism at all times, even when you are out of my sights.

The look on his face stern but not threatening. Sarah stops twirling around Olga and takes a seat next to Ula.

I'm not sure what there is to do, I do want to see ghost outside a mission atmosphere but I don't really know what types of things you can do in free time. As you've probably guessed I've never really been left active, I've not ever known any different. So what do you guys do when you have time off?

Resting her elbows on her legs, and placing her head on upturned palms whilst slightly kicking her feet. She just looked around, once again taking in the scenery and still trying to figure out what to do. What does a combat aid do outside combat? The thought in her head as she mused away to herself. Ghost turns around to address his team.

Not a bad idea private Mikhail, from the second wreckage there was little left after the explosion. Some robots which we've brought on board and some salvageable metal. Which can be used for patch work. Has anyone else found anything worth reporting? I'll be heading to the commodore after this so anything of note, no matter how insignificant it might seem, may be worth mentioning. Also Private you claimed to have found a POW? So where is this POW?

Last edited:

Alexander is immediately impressed by Mr Schafer; the quality of his handshake (EG, the lack of wincing) was something that he rarely experienced. Knowing his lineage, however, was a different matter entirely. Nodding, he flexed the aforementioned physique; though he tried to keep it within reasonable limits. He was on the bridge after all.

"Indeed I am! Alexander Bauhdric at your service! Another humble servant of the fatherland at your service! Anyway! Miss Mourissette is the name. A mind of tactical brilliance, she may know one or two things about your chosen field. Failing that...Sierra squad appears to be filled with individuals of high intellectual standing. The captain's a soldier, through and through, and a fine one too; but his squad are all highly trained and they should be able to perform their duties splendidly. Though, Captain Ghost would be the one to talk to about specific members of the team."

Mikhail Zhukov

First Post
OOC: I was imagining it turning into basic tank corp uniform (appearance wise) so I am going from the point that it doesn't look anything like the MDA besides I wouldn't want to strip inside the armory.

Meia stares at Mikhail for a second or two, then ducks down and takes a grenade from her desk. She places it on the table for Arthur and whispers "Take the pin out, I promise it won't hurt..."

She then turns her attention to Mikhail "So.. wait, your MDA is gone? How did you survive out there? Maybe it did something weird like the other ones they all changed shape didn't they? Can I inspect you? There must be some way you survived out there.

Elsewhere in the bridge...

"Ah .. odd name for a person, Ghost. I must talk to him at some point, will he meet you in the near future. I can sync up my comms to yours so I can contact you when you next see him? Though sorry, sorry, you must be here to speak to Okado. I am talking much of your time, I shall be seeing you soon I hope. Farewell Alexander, it was an honour to meet you." He shakes your hand again and leaves.

OOC: If you accept his offer he'll give you the comms details

Okado sees you in the doorway and bids you closer. "Anything to report Captain Bauhdric?"

Arthur Campbell

First Post
Arthur picked up the grenade and found a quieter more private spot in the armoury before studying the grenade

It won't hurt eh? lets see what she's done...

OOC: Arthur will try and discern as much as he can about the grenade without opening it, with that in mind I'll roll a bunch of skills, just use whichever is most appropriate.
Investigation: 2 degrees of success
perception:flat pass
engineering:1 degree of success
traps (because I am suspicous): 4 degrees of sucess

alright then, lets see if I'm right

He then pulled the pin

OOC: overall He's going to guess at what the grenade will do, then set it off. regardless of what he thinks it does

Ray_Ray

First Post
"Right then...I suppose I'll go on ahead,ey?" He watched as most of his comrades dispersed and he headed to the canteen.

"Guess we will have to find some fun on our own Brother, seems everyone is off having fun without us... this will just not do." She chuckled and moved ahead of him, at least there might be someone interesting to meet in the mess.

Alexander nods to his fellow Germans, smiling warmly.

"Of course, friend. I have no problem with that at all. But yes, I must speak with the commodore."

Bowing, and taking his leave, he moved to the commander of the vessel, offering him a sharp salute, before handing him the data-disk.

"Here is some data for you sir. Dr Fedor said you would find it useful; it is a catalogue surviving personnel and medical supplies. Echo squad has dealt with a large pile of debris, and have managed to save the lives of many crewmen."

He drew himself tall, and stood proudly before the commodore; though at the back of his head he wondered if he'd have any questions to ask him about what happened out in the void. That didn't worry him so much. His only concern is that he had nothing really to say on the matter that would shine any light at all onto who both the aggressors, and their savours, were.

Remove ads