The Long Journey Home

'Ghost'

First Post
@ Universal_narration

Shaking his head

That man died a long time ago doc, my name's Ghost, I'd appreciate you using it. As for the fur no, I have no idea what that is, though the closest thing I can think of is *after a short pause* fox fur. But again that makes no sense, a fox couldn't survive in space, and I know we have no animals on board the vessel. But do you see it dissapear when I go in for a closer inspection *fast forwarding the recording a bit*. That's what concerns me, a creature that can remove all traces of itself, that's not going to be easy to track down and deal with. Have you ever come across an animal that can do that? I know it might be something we've never seen before because we're in the middle of this void, but if it's similar to anything on earth then it might have similar habits.

Arthur Campbell

First Post
Me? I joined this venture as I saw it as the next step on the ladder. I felt I was reaching the limits of my potential back on earth. So I thought I'd challenge myself and test my wits against the universe itself. Who knows if we do somehow make it back imagine what we might bring with us. Whether we make it back or not it's going to be one hell of a ride.

Ray_Ray

First Post
"So what do you do for fun then?" she said, face lighting up "I mean if you don't enjoy your work how do you blow off steam... then again I would ask why you do a job you hate? Not to question your loyalty to your craft but why do you fight then? Simply being good at it must not be the only reason you fight no?"

Mikhail Zhukov

First Post
Well let me first introduce to you Sir Maximilian-Albert Whetherby II.

Mikhail held up the cube.

As for the project well it is quite simple really.

Mikhail looked around making sure nobody is listening in and took a step closer to Sarah switching to a whisper.

I believe that mister Whetherby here might in fact be the pilot for one of the ships that attacked us earlier. Possibly some kind of AI. If we give it to the nerds from the science wing it will take them a week to confirm that it is indeed cubical. And right now I don't believe we have that kind of time. So I suggest we do it the engineers way. Since it is probably designed to interface with a ship so we just plug it into one. I have seen to socket for it on the ship and we can probably copy it or failing that take the original. Then we make an adapter for our circuitry and plug it into Snowdrop. Mikhail turned his head to a side for a few moments. (in Russian)Good point. He turned back to Sarah.Weapon systems and engines should probably be disabled prior to this. Maybe even do it in space. So what about it. You game?

Ray Ray

First Post
He looked at Ayla as if what she said baffled him, and spoke during a mouthful.

"You never know. We're in space, anything can happen, even food that runs away."

Arthur's conversation seemed to pique his interest. He swallowed his food while turning to him and Jean.

"Well from what we've seen so far, this place is certainly a limit pusher, ey?"

Mess hall

Ayla continues conversing with Rey "If I had to pick a reason is because I'm not good enough at much else to get the kind of pay I wanted. I'm here because space is something far more interesting to do and the best way I knew how to get on is do what I'm good at. Fighting. As for fun... read, watch TV, draw about it really. " She shrugs. "I also don't like people enough to care to do "Team activities", more waste of time."

Jean laughs "That's as good as reason as any. Ah .. lady of the hour has arrived" You see Naomi walk in and grab some food, quickly settling herself next to Ayla. They banter a bit in German from what you can tell before Jean speaks up saying. "Ladies, Ladies, we have guests today can't you see? I'm sure they'd like to hear what your saying."

Naomi tilts her head from side to side stretching her neck muscles. "I suppose, though we weren't talking about much anyway. Hello Echo squad, your captain missing?"

[MENTION=5134]Ghost[/MENTION]
Dr. Serano gives you a puzzled look, then jots something down on a piece of paper and folds it putting it his pocket. "Right.. anyway, I am not a zoologist but I don't think animals can do that. Furthermore unless that thing is a robot then no it shouldn't survive in space. I will show Naomi this and start analyzing it more, if you need me I'll be here."

[MENTION=6460]Mikhail[/MENTION]
Sarah's eyes light up as she hold her hands with glee infront of her face. "Am I ever game! We can cachunk it make it go vmmmm and see it take of like awesome! Hey hey, I can take out on of the unarmed gunships for a "Test Run" She says in air quotes. "So we can go out all ..." Her eyes darting back and forth. shhhhh, then see if a lot of fun can be made out of this!"

J. D. Tsuba

First Post
The heavy lifting done, and seeing all the happy scientists hard at work on what is nothing more than a few complex servos, J.D finishes up with the interesting work and leaves the rest to Dr Ashwell.
'Farewell Dr, I do believe if I stay here any longer I may miss my debrief, I trust you to finish up, I've gotten you all started at any rate.'
with that he heads back to the mess hall to meet up with all the other members before their debriefing.

@Universal Narration
OOC Well I have no idea how these spoiler tags work, but everyone else is using them, and I feel left out. If nothing else, it will make everyone suspicious I'm doing something interesting, so thats a plus I suppose. /OOC

Before he leaves, and hands over his workplace to Dr Ashwell, he takes a number of pictures of the CPU in its mount before reaching in with a pair of pliers, and pulling out the main housing, as well as any important attachments. As he tidies up the robot so nothing appears to be missing he thinks to himself:
^the people down here won't know what to do with this sort of level of tech anyway, lets see if I can't find a few answers later by myself, I may even be able to incorporate a few bits of tech into my new suit...^

Last edited:

Ray_Ray

First Post
"You seem to be lovely conversation though, I am sorry you aren't enjoying company as much as I am enjoying yours" she paused before finishing with "One last question, where did you learn to fight?"

"Sadly Naiomi we are without our titanic commander and his glorious physique... perhaps Fedor has kidnapped him to examine his training regimen or whatever the kids call it these days"

'Ghost'

First Post
Ghost nods and takes his leave. Whilst walking through the corridors heading for the armoury Sarah pipes up

You really never stop working do you Ghost, when was the last time you took some time off? Enjoyed yourself a little? I'm sure it'd do you the world of good, I mean I've only experienced this freedom for a short while and I've never been happier, well....I have on a couple of occasions. Like before, you know....

A quick glare from Ghost causes her to stop mid-sentence, but the glare subsides and his face returns to its expressionless form.

I'll rest and take some time off once my duty is done, this isn't the time yet.

Then why not take some of the time you have now and use it to make your duty easier? Talk to your squad, get to know them a little, if you get along surely it'll be easier to command them.

I don't need them to like me Sarah, and too much familiarity can cause problems itself. If I grow attached to someone then it make's it harder to make the right call if the time comes. How can I abandon someone I care for? It's not a glorious thing war, enemies use every weapon at their disposal to weaken their opponents. Such bonds provide ample means to do so.

His head drops a little.....

Sometimes I wish I had never become a soldier. I was too young to start this bloody path. I've waded through seas of carnage, and come out the other end. Praised for my efforts, praised because I killed so many, praised because I was a good soldier. There is nothing worth praising about what I do. I'm a killer, a murderer pure and simple. The army just pretties it up to make it look like you're a hero.

His voice taking on a angry edge...

I hate war.

His fist clenched, he punches the nearest wall, this startles Sarah a little but not for long, whilst his fist is still firmly planted against the wall...

So do I Ghost, but I don't regret joining this conflict. I don't regret any of it. Do you want to know why?

Ghost looks at Sarah with a sidelong glance.

Because of the people I've met, the comrades I've made. During times of conflict there's only one place I ever want to find myself, and that's by your side as your partner.

A smile on her face, not the cheerful grins of before but a warming smile. Ghost catches himself smiling slightly too...

I'll never be able to express how thankful I am that your here too Sarah.

The smile quickly hidden shortly after it emerged, the two walked on silently for a time, no words needing to be said, heading off to the armoury in preparation for the debrief.

OOC: WOOO! Monologue ftw!

Last edited:

As if summoned by Mr Mourissette's fateful words, Alexander wandered into the mess-hall. He may or may-not have been lost, but after consulting some rather bewildered technicians, he found his way down. Spotting his squad, he smiled warmly, and walked over to them, offering a mock salute as he parked himself on one of the seats. It looked like it threatened to buckle under his muscular weight, the seat tragically small in comparison to his body.

"Good day team; and fellow comrades to whom I have yet to be introduced."

He smiled warmly, holding his hand out to the strangers to shake.

Remove ads