• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Long Journey Home

Mess hall

Ayla smiles a little "I learnt in France, in the Alps."

As the captain walks in and holds his hand out Naomi gives a little wave to the captain without getting up. Ayla looks slightly confused at the captain's overall demeanour whereas Jean Michelle gets up to shake his hand. The captain customary hand shake is firm though he can feel that Jean-Michelle is slightly moving his hand so it doesn't get crushed. It doesn't seem like it is causing discomfort to do this.

"Ah hello there, my name is Jean-Michelle. You must be captain of Echo squad, a pleasure to make your acquaintance. Your squad are a friendly bunch."

@J.D Tsuba

You take out the housing with little issue and head off to the armory.

OOC: So current members that are waiting in the mess hall: J.D Tsuba, Ghost and Aleksandra.

Current members in mess hall: all of Echo squad.

Mikhail is in the Engineering bay.

You all should be able to do the debrief soon.

Ray_Ray

First Post
"There is someone in the alps with that sort of knifework?" she tried to think, if she had heard of anything similar when learning about cqc techniques for her past assginments

((OOC: Could I Roll counter tactics to see if I know who might have taught her?))

Ray_Ray

First Post
"There is someone in the alps with that sort of knifework?" she tried to think, if she had heard of anything similar when learning about cqc techniques for her past assginments

((OOC: Could I Roll counter tactics to see if I know who might have taught her?))

Mikhail Zhukov

First Post
@Universal Narration
Awesome.

Mikhail took a step back and continued at normal volume.

Sarah, I could kiss you right now... I won't... But I could. So shall we? He bowed, putting his left arm on his chest and raising the right one to show the way.Ladies first.

Mikhail Zhukov

First Post
Taking a look at his watch Mikhail lets out a sigh.

I am afraid you will have to start without me. I need to go to the debriefing before they send a search party after me. Try not to have all the fun without me.

OOC: @Rey, You could try though because she was quite vague you might not get much. We can move things along a little now.

Both squads meet up in the armory to a bewildered Meia sitting in the corner. The squads await patiently the reports from their captains.

Alexander nods to the assembled squads, standing at ease before them. They were a motley bunch, to say the least. Scientists, tank commanders and fighters; far-cry from the regimented military back planet-side. Still, he stood proud, and nodded to his squad.

Greetings everyone, this is the official debriefing of our first joint engagement of our mission. Know now that it will not be our last; the commodore has decided that we are to work as a combined unit, and as such it makes sense to debrief together. I'm fully aware that there are...Questions about what happened out there in the void concerning the mechanical being I may have activated. In fact...I believe you asked me in person.

He smiles, and gestures towards Tsuba before continuing.

I will address this soon, but first, before we move on, I'd rather that Sierra squad De-brief first. I am eager to see if your squad have unearthed anything interesting about our current situation. I also feel it's probably going to be more useful then what I have to say, which is of little tactical importance.

OOC: Just getting the ball rollin'! :D

'Ghost'

First Post
Taking the introduction from Alexander, Ghost steps forward. Looking around at the squads his takes in each one of them, remembering each one. His gaze lingering for slightly longer on Rey but quickly shifting onwards to take in the rest of the team.

As captain Bauhdric said, we are working together from now on. We will be heading down to planets, deemed resource rich, to grab resources as we try to make our way home. Though currently there is little we know about the enemy, as I'm assuming they are being investigated and I am currently awaiting a report on them. As you all may have guessed we are lost, as such it is of great importance this be kept from the civilian populace. The commodore will tell them when he deems it necessary otherwise it could cause panic.

This brings me to my next point, though officially we don't have any orders yet any progress towards discovering where we are, the route back home, the enemy should be our top priority. We have limited resources now and there is no guarantee we'll find planets that can help us out. With that in mind I have received a request from head navigator Hans Schafer. Private Tsuba, you would be best suited to helping him discover more about where we are, it is your area of expertise, but it is only a request not an official order so I can't force you to join him.

He takes a step back, leaving the floor open for Alexander

Now captain, I, as well as my squad, are very interested in what happened out there. So if you would be so kind....

He trails off and waits on Alexander's reply, making sure he pays close attention to all the details knowing that it may hold a few answers, if not part of the answers, to the many questions he currently had.

Alexander nodded slowly, agreeing with Ghost entirely. When his time came, he stood forward again, and bowed to Ghost, turning to the rest of the assembled soldiers

"I will tell no lies, and shall now empower you with the full truth as far as I know it to be the case. During our combat on the side of the ship, the Anti-Wanderer Missiles were taking their toll on the armoured hull of this vessel. Determined not to see any more damage come to the ship, I resign myself to catching any incoming threats that target the ship. When I saw that craft come towards me, I did what I had to do, and moved to attempt to push it away from the vessel, using my potent and full-figured muscles to push the ship away. But...That did not happen."

He started to pace, furrowing his brow as he did.

"Then, when I touched the ship, something...Something happened. I found myself /inside/ what I believed to be the vessel. I was in the command seat, with a set of gloves laced over my own suit; I used that to control the craft. But...I was not alone. There was another being in there, helping me pilot the ship. Slight build, but humanoid, and clearly intelligent. It wore a suit as well, but made no Intelligible communication during the fight. It just...Just hummed to itself. It was beautiful in it's own way."

He looks up to the assembled soldiers, before bringing himself up to full height.

"Comrades, I am of the belief that we are not alone out here. God has provided us with not only enemies, but friends."

Remove ads