The Long Journey Home

Alexander nodded to Ray, and looked up to the craft. He did not like this one bit; the situation, how little he knew of what was going on, anything!

"Aye, seems like a better move. Going in. Miss Mourisette, Arthur, flank me"

He crouched his legs, before grunting soundlessly into the void of space as he jumped away from the wanderer, aiming himself at the ship.

Mikhail Zhukov

First Post
Mikhail smiled at Sarah.

Oh I doubt he will be able to resist my charms whoever he might be. Anyway I think this is enough for our first date.

He typed in the last message.

But you wouldn't hinder them. If they attack us again there is high chance that the hunter will intervene which means that even if we loose the resources your brethren will get of us wouldn't be sufficient to cover the loses they will suffer considering we will keep fighting till there is not much left to scavenge. So by helping us avoid future confrontations you help them as well. Besides the more resources we gather the more they can steal from us should they successfully defeat us. So either way by helping us you indirectly help them. And yourself. Think on it and we shall continue this later.

Mikhail waits for a second and unplugs the cube.

OOC: next part happens assuming nothing goes wrong.

Turning back to Sarah

Ok lets get this ship operational, I think the Wanderer is already waiting for us. Once aboard we should go straight to Okada to report. Nobody else must know about this for now. Just say we had a cascade system failure if anyone asks questions.

Mikhail starts removing the adapter and putting wires back in place. And waits for Sarah to turn the auto pilot on.

'Ghost'

First Post
Opening up a comms link to Sarah, the result being the same.

Same issue, nothing but static. So we don't know where he is, there's no way to contact him or Sarah, the bridge apparently has no idea where he is. So if one of us gets taken, we lose communications, then this ship has no way of tracking us down unless we use our emergency beacons. Am I the only one who sees this as an issue?

He takes another sip of his drink, resting his head on a hand. A cold smile creeps onto his face.

They really didn't think this through, I would of expected at least tracking devices in the communicators of the starseeker personnel. It helps if you know where you're forces are on a battlefield, then you can plan and act accordingly.

The smile then vanishes, returning to stone as has become characteristic of Ghost.

Mess hall

After Tami hands over the VI back to Aleksandra, Tami rolls her eyes and she says to Ghost. "You probably are the only one who sees that as an issue. I for one would not want everyone to know where I am at the push of a button. Besides, you do realise how idiotically STUPID it would be to have those on the battlefield? If we can track the beacons through simple frequencies so could the enemy. How good do you think you can plan tactics when the enemies know your exact positions? Cheh...Honestly it's like you have no clue how your own technology works. At least your squadmate has a good head on her shoulders."

Logs

The logs seem to denote normal function up until a certain point. There is then a single log telling the VI to power down with a note attached saying:

It's rude to spy on people, I would refrain from intruding on other people's privacies without their permissions. Yours - Carl.

Plane

There is a loud thud that can be heard from the inside of the ship. Sarah looks around.

"The hell was that?" She goes to look out the cockpit window to see what it could be.

"Giant MDA suit attached to the ship." Turning to Mikhail "Is that a good thing? Do I let him in?"

Mikhail Zhukov

First Post
Mikhail looks puzzled for a second.

Giant MDA.... oh that must be Captain Bauhdric. So they do care about us. Don't worry I will deal with the airlock if you don't mind turning the auto pilot on. I think we wasted enough of everyone's time.

Mikhail lets the large German through the airlock and lock it behind him.

Sarah we are good to go.

Turning to Echo captain.

Greetings Captain Bauhdric. This is a bit of an unexpected visit. What brings you here?

Alexander bowed his head graciously as he was allowed inside, his towering physique augmented by the suit to the point where he barely fit inside without hunching over.

"Greetings. Sorry about the interruption, but we lost communications with your ship, and Bart asked us to have a look; after the robots yesterday, it pays to be cautious. We were wondering if you had a glitch in your system perhaps?"

He smiled underneath his knightly-helm. He was just quite happy that everything was apparently all right.

Mikhail Zhukov

First Post
Mikhail went back to resembling the ships floor while answering

It is good to know that people are on their guard. We had a system failure. Lost everything but the life support, but the ship seems to be operational again so we are making our way back. I think we delayed everyone enough already.

Arthur Campbell

First Post
Arthur and Kaboom examined the outside of the ship looking for any potential damage that would indicate why the ship was in distress, or any potential danger.

OOC: Investigation: flat pass, perception:flat pass, traps: 1dos

Deciding to solve the question of the quiet comms he messaged Bauhdric Everything alright in there sir?

Last edited:

'Ghost'

First Post
Tone staying as steady as ever...

Makes you wonder why I was chosen to be squad captain and not private Zhukova doesn't it? Indeed the enemy could track movements using the same technology, but if such technology was used I'm sure there would be a failsafe or something to prevent that from happening. At any rate the signal doesn't exist so it's all just idle speculation. I never claimed to understand the technology we're using.

He goes back to his drink.

Remove ads