• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Long Journey Home

'Ghost'

First Post
Pull back, unless you can safely disarm those wires you'll only get yourself injured or worse.

He turns to survey his surroundings to ensure the momentary break in watch hasn't allowed anything to slip by. Once he's satisfied he'll re-attach the scope, adjusting the sights with well-practiced speed. Waiting for Ray to return. When he get's back...

What was it you heard? Did you see anything?

Though you notice he's not a stoic as he was, seeming a little distracted as if he's thinking about something else and running on automatic at the minute.

Thinking: I swear to god I'll find you, I'll never rest until you pay for what you did. I know you're nearby...

OOC: Again rolls incoming:
Perception: 7-5= 2 DoS
Unseen sense: 5-8= -3 DoS ^^

Also what type of skill would be used in the disarming of a trap? I'm assuming the most obvious one is crafting but what other skills could replace it? Yes I'm trying to find a use for survival XD

'Ghost'

First Post
OOC: Didn't realise we couldn't contact each other so Ghost will act differently, so you'll kinda have to ignore my previous post if I knew how to delete them I'd remove it.

Opening up the Comm's link to Ray, trying to get back in contact. All ghost hears is static.

Damn it, not again. Opening up a link to Alexandra
I understand you've engaged hostiles, sasha I've lost contact and visual on private Mourisette, I'm gonna have to go off air whilst I try to find out what's happened to him. I'll be outside contact, I suspect an external force is jamming the signal. As soon as I've found him I'll get back in contact, my current position is....(explains where the building entrance is). Ghost out.

Activating his camo ghost enters the building, moving swiftly but cautiously, sticking to the shadows. Double checking corners before moving into an area and ensuring safety when moving across exposed terrain.

This can't be happening, who the hell is jamming us, and why does he sound like......

He shakes his head again, trying to remove the voice from his head.

Thinking: Focus Ghost, you've lost contact with Ray and if he is in here with us....Ray has no idea what he's stumbled on to

He continues his search.

OOC: Does this count as a combat or are we still free roaming so to speak?
Rolls:
Optic Camo: 7+5 = 12, flat pass
Stealth: 8-4 = 4 DoS
Perception: 11-5 = 6 DoS
Intuition: 7-5 = 2 DoS (I know who the voice belongs to, or at least have my suspicions, so looking for evidence of him plus any traps he may have laid.
Investigation: 4-7 = -3 DoS, using 3 Destiny leaving me with 11
Unseen sense: 12-8 = 4 DoS (critical if that's important)
Sarah Perception: 9-5 = 4 DoS
Sarah Investigation: 4-7 = -3 DoS

That's a lot of rolls XD hopefully I've covered just about every eventuality.

Last edited:

OOC: if it's our go, the I'll take another swipe at the same bot. Move forward, staying this time. 16 vs mag def with lance and 20 damage.
It costs 4 this round. My regen will take me up three and that will leave me on 4 after the attack. I'll upkeep the stealth with my dom rob as before.

Aleksandra dashed forward and thrust her lance deftly towards the already slashed claw-bot.

Alexander grunts as whatever the creature fires at him slams into his Physique; however, such is his build that it appears to anyone else that he had merely been stung by a mosquito. Still, he resisted his tempers, and did not ignite his powerfists. Instead, he slowly raised his hands, going down on one knee as he tried his hardest to indicate that he was no threat. He then turned his vox-caster on, and proceeded to speak directly to the creature.

"I do not know if you understand me, creature, but I shall try. My name is Alexander Bauhdric, proud son of Germany."

He slowly gestures to himself as he says his name, both arms pointing to his chest as he said his name, before slowly repeating the gesture towards the alien before him.

"Who are you?"

He then turned the vox-caster off, and whispered to the rest of his squad.

"Contact, just inside the bunker. I have faith that he is non-aggressive, just confused. However, he is armed."

OOC: Rolled 3 for physiology. NOPE.

Ray_Ray

First Post
Rey gently stepped forward, trying to look as peaceful as possible, she spoke calm as she tried to translate the captains words as best she could, she could at least try to convey that they meant no harm after all (After all if they knew what distress sounded like due to the communication she could theorize what calmness sounded like).

OOC: That's an 8 so a Pass by 1 on linguistics to translate what baudric is saying as best as she can (Willing to spend 4 destiny if needed)

Mikhail Zhukov

First Post
Pew Pew Pew!!!

OOC:
Attack 1:20
Damage 1:25
Attack 2:16
Damage 2:24

It is confirmed now, Declan's d6s are totally loaded.

OOC: I just realized that my post is kinda short and rubbish so here (still waiting for the reply to the last one)

[MENTION=8666]Remi[/MENTION] So private where did you fly before this. If I had to guess I'd say search and rescue unit, you look like the type.

OOC: [MENTION=6460]Mikhail[/MENTION] oh for the love of, the post ate my reply .. I posted it ages ago now it gone. I was wondering why you weren't replying to that. The heck.. see reply on the bottom. Also we had a random post appear in the thread too... what is going on? >.>

Bunker

Rey and Captain Bauhdric try talking to this creature to calm it down. Bauhdric isn't able to aptly describe what he's trying to say but with Rey's help the creature then replies by point at the captain.

"Aleszandear Baauuurdrac." It then points to itself and says "Czsorkac Krotonec."

All Bauhdric can tell is that the creature is wounded.

Satellite

The two robots get shot and sliced to bits. They fall as heaps to the ground, in the room that Alexandra opened up there is a couple of flat mechanical devices on the ground as if they had just been dropped there. They are about 3 feet in diameter. These odd flat devices are next to a lot of control panels, there is also a large now none functioning screen in the front of this room. Out of this room there is a staircase at the back headed up.

Inside the boarded up building

OOC: Still free roaming, Ray has just found a trap is all at the moment.

Ghost enters the building as quietly and stealthily as he can, with everything running he doesn't think he'll be caught. The voice he has been hearing he swears is
Reaper's
. Looking around Ghost can just about catch up with where Ray as gone. As Ray is inspecting the trap Ghost can see a humanoid with similar gear to what he used to wear in his old outfit. The figure is sneaking up to Ray unbeknownst to Ray. He has a large blade attached to his arm that is currently drawn.
[MENTION=6460]Mikhail[/MENTION]: "Huh, I always thought he was just a messenger boy. Don't worry I trust you'll live and don't valkyries take the souls of dead soldiers anyway? Ah whatever, call me what you will I ain't going to help you much in a firefight but I'll get you out of one." She reclines back into her chair.

"I mostly flew over the east side of Asia, I was a scouting and missile interception pilot. I did do search and rescue as well though that paid less would you believe? I guess I just want a bit more pay for risking my neck."

Mikhail Zhukov

First Post
Mikhail stepped over the hopefully dead robots and entered the room.

Impressive moves J.D. Sis can you hold the stairs while we check the tech over here. Might be explosives.

He picks one of the objects and starts examining it.

I hope our Captain is not going to die from boredom on guard duty, he is missing all of the adventure.

He said more to himself then anyone else.

OOC:
Perception 3-5= -2 DOS
Engineering 8-6= 2 DOS

OOC:
It then points to itself and says "Czsorkac Krotonec.
OH :):):):) ITS THE POLISH!!!

[MENTION=8666]Remi[/MENTION]
I did some scouting in Asia back in the day. Although we shot missiles and then needed to be rescued instead. Who knows maybe we even met before, all these wars got complicated, which side were you on?

Pay here is better I guess, as long as we actually get a chance to spend it. Somehow I doubt local shops accept euros.

Ray Ray

First Post
"Cap'n...? Cap'n...? Argh...I don't like this, Lost him again. Cap'n? Right, trap, disarm, concentrate Raymond, concentrate. Going forward is always better than backwards."
OOC: Assuming here that I have no idea theres something behind me, I'm going to try and start taking apart these traps. What roll would that be?

Remove ads