The Long Journey Home

Arthur Campbell

First Post
Arthur sighed as the creature calmed down and started to communicate.
I'll carry on sir.

Arthur walked by to carry on combing the bunker for anything else of interest as he drew closer to the alien he regarded the armour it was wearing.
Thinking: I wonder how tough that armour is?...

OOC: Whilst my teammates look at something I'm probably not allowed to blow up I'm going to carry on investigating the bunker seeing if there's anything else of interest this creature's room. Like any kind of records,munitions,doors etc. Hwilst looking for traps because prarnoia!
Investigation: 10-7= 3 DoS
Perception:11-8= 3 DoS
Traps (I guess):7-5= 2 DoS

J. D. Tsuba

First Post
'Naturally Mikhail, I hold myself to the highest standards in all that I do, including getting mauled by baka robots unfortunately, but still, we all seem to be in one piece, thats the main thing.'

J.D wanders in with Mikhail, looking around the room and heading over to the fallen devices, working out what they do.

OOC:
Science - (1,1,6) 7-5 = 2 degrees success
Intuition - (6,4,5) 11-4 = 7 degrees of sucess

I assume that means I kinda know what it is, but I can use it like a pro.
I'm not missing that opportunity. I pick it up and use it.

While J.D. picks up one of the devices and switches it on, he replies to Mikhail's musings on private channel
'He may be missing out on all the adventure, but I think he'll be happy with his place, lots of brooding to be done on guard duty, and he's got a lot to catch up on.'

'Ghost'

First Post
His pulse starting to race, as he takes in the sight. He takes aim, looking down the rifles sights pointing it squarely at the figure. Taking aim at the legs..

Thinking: He'll have an escape plan, he knows I'm here, he probably knows I'm standing behind him now. Check the exits Ghost, don't :):):):) this up.

Hold it right there, drop the knife, keep your hands where I can see them, turn around slowly, any sudden movements I drop you where you stand. You know I won't miss...

His voice turning to a growl

Reaper.

Alexander attempts to look over the creature, gauging it's injuries to the best of his abilities; though alien bodies may be different, he was something of a trained medic. While actually healing the wounds would be impossible without greater knowledge, stabilisation of the creatures condition may be possible.

OOC: I whip out my Medipack, and I'll make a medicare check

Medicare: 4. What's with my god-awful rolling! Still, one destiny point would bring it up to a pass. Would this help at all?

Last edited:

Aleksandra stooped briefly and surreptitiously cut off a finger of one of the bots, she quickly shoved it into a belt compartment and then made her way across the room to cover the stairs. She took up a steady firing stance with clear sight and close distance to some cover if needed, maintaining her stealth field at all times.

"So gents, what are we looking at here?" she said over comms. "Those toasters looked attached at the head, perhaps this is some kind of research facility. We should stay alert for more hostiles or potential locals."

OOC: Is there any written language in the room or similar material?

Aleksandra mused on the situation while she covered the stairs, she wondered to herself:
"What happened here? It this planet a potential ally against these toasters? Too early to say, best outlook, some definitive data on weakness and tactics."
"That's a logic leap" butted in Olga from her suit's internal systems. "You don't know what the hell was down here."

"Look there is no way that a species would be happy about being harvested like this." Aleksandra retorted.

"No Olga is right." weighed in Ula "There are examples in history of wilful sacrifice to various causes regardless of intent or result. It is entirely possible that this species became subservient to the 'Toasters' believing them astral gods, harvesting could have been consensual."

There was an internal pause then that bordered on the awkward. Then Aleksandra thought "I created you both, you are both part of me, don't contradict me so much."

"Then start thinking like yourself and we will not have to." Ula replied. "Observe, profile, strategize, execute." Another pause.

"You've not been this sloppy in years, get your :):):):) together." berated Olga,"You need to get over your space panic and you need to deal with the past, you won't die out here we wont let you."

"Never."

Aleksandra wavered, the support was not as comforting as it should be. This was a new fight, there was going to be a way out, there was. This wasn't going to be like Somalia. She looked forward to pinning the finger onto her collection, that would calm her down.

Last edited:

Mikhail Zhukov

First Post
Mikhail started talking while still fiddling with the device

Doubtful. Locals were supposed to be unaware of this operation. This could have been a toaster base that got discovered and the signal was them calling for extraction. Maybe the ships we engaged were their ride home. Or the locals here found out about the harvesting and tried to warn the others so toasters tried to take the facility out before it was too late. Either way it is impossible to be sure without additional information.

He then half turned to Alexandra.

Also Sasha I hear memory wipes are really good for VI's performance, make them less distracted.

Last edited:

"I can assure you miha they are perfectly focussed on the task at hand," she replied crisply keeping her watch on the stairs. "I don't know what could have made you think otherwise. You make a good point though the kind of language we find here may well disprove that hypothesis. I know there was some written text in that other room, but I don't know if we can get some toaster script to compare it to."

She thought to her self once more:
"Dammit girls you'll have to keep it down in there, Misha's starting to hear our crazy internal dialogues."
"Hey, your words nutso." Snarked Olga
"We shall do our best." Affirmed Ula
"Good we can't have the wheels coming off just yet."

Mikhail Zhukov

First Post
What, you mean I now need actual reasons to distrust an evil digital over mind secretly plotting the destruction of human race? I just generally don't like computers I can't throw out of a window!

And what hypothesis are you talking about?

OOC: That is what you get for not tagging your posts sensibly!

Last edited:

"Well you said that this could have been a toaster base, that is a hypothesis, a theory. I don't see why two toasters would fuse their heads together but like I said you could be right. I don't see why you'd distrust a human built computer, it can't do anything it wasn't programmed too. It is inherently more trustworthy than humans who are unpredictable."

OOC: I edited it almost immediately but it didn't seem to bring up the changes until I posted again, I still dislike that the Think bubbles are borked, contextually I did try to make it apparent that it was internal, but you're right it wasn't clear and that's why I reacted the way I did and tried not to break the flow

Inside the boarding building

Ghost's knows Reapers speed and Audacity. Despite the warning he rushes behind Raymond and turns around to face Ghost and says back to him. "Oh go on then, shoot.. as if you had the bravery to do so before. Pfff, always good for nothing goody two-shoes. Come on shoot."

(Reaper is currently standing between Ghost and Raymond, though is adjacent to Raymond.)
@Raymond
Since I can't put OOC in spoilers, it would be a trap roll if you have traps in your campaign skill. If not it would be a flat dex check (roll 1d6 try to roll under your dex) but you can't spend any abilities on it, as it is just you trying your luck. IC: You hear Ghost shout out calling for a man called Reaper to drop his weapons. A brief moment later you turn around and face Ghost who is pointing his gun directly at you. There is no Reaper, you don't hear who he is talking to. It's just you and him.

Satellite

J.D.Tsuba picks up one of the disks and has a fiddle with it eventually he manages to turn it on with what little power it has left and it starts to hover off the ground about 3 feet. Beyond that it doesn't seem to do anything else.

Mikhail starts to work away at the devices, the place is on emergency power so he feeds some of the cords into his suit to get a bit more power into the devices. He is able to turn on the device and the screens start to flood with a foreign language that none of you have seen before.

Alexandra can see next to some devices there is what looks like paper though is more like glass that has written word on it, Mikhail then turns on the screens and she can tell the language is the same on the screen as on the 'paper'.

Bunker

All Arthur can find is used traps, they seem to have been used at the door they just entered and around the battlefield. You feel that by the way that they were set up this guy was the last man standing. He was fighting dirty and to the very end. Other than that you find that in some of the creatures armors left on the ground there are some devices with detachable what looks like data drives. As you would guess it doesn't look like they could be fed into anything you have as they are of completely different shape and make.

Alexander approaches the creature to heal it. It looks confused at first, starts pointing it's gun at Alexander again but it realizing what Alexander is trying to do. It just collapses and let's Alexander work. As Alexander patches it up he sees that Czsorkac is missing a leg. Alexander patches the creature as best he can not really knowing the atatomy of such are bizarre creature, but he has stopped the bleeding at least.

OOC: You have to spend one point of destiny to get your pass but otherwise the above happens when you do spend it. Yes the creature is totally polish (I have no idea how to write polish names but I guess that's how!).

@Mikhail

Remi looks up at Mikhail who is standing next to her chair "I was helping out China at the time, I was the 'hired help' from abroad. Better tech and all. As much as I'm not sure I will be able to spend any of the money I've earned on this trip I have to say the story I will have to tell people if I get back is far more than any money is worth. Hehe, provided I survive."

Last edited:

Remove ads