• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Mad God's Key (Bront Judging)

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Hmm, while I'm checking, there are a few things some of you could do to help make this easier. Weapon, you don't have any germs or chemicals on your hands because you're a Warforged, so could you help so we don't have to touch the corpse and possibly eliminate clues? Sirrel, you're the best expert here of Morgrave university life--I want you to look to see if there are any unusual signs on the student aside from the actual murder clues that might indicate involvement, rather than an innocent bystander. Tam, you're a skilled fighter--I'd like your opinion on this wound here. Rionus, if you could use your sight of auras to help guide some aspects of the search, that would be awesome!" Alysina exhorts.

[SBLOCK=OOC]She's basically asking everyone to Take 20 Aid Another on her Take 20, but in a much more cool way :D[/SBLOCK]

GwydapLlew

First Post
Aristeas said:
[sblock=OOC]I wasn't sure if aiding on a Take 20 was allowed. If it is, Sirrel takes 20 for a 26, and aids with amazing success.[/sblock]

[sblock=Aristeas]Amazing, ain't it? In my tabletop game, I have a player who never puts ranks in Spot, LIsten, or Search because he knows someone else will focus on them, and he likes to optimize. That, and he plays fighters, so it's not like he has a lot of skill points to spend. :]

I apologize for missing the whole 'purchasing scroll components' part of your earlier post - I must have skimmed right over it! Tell me what scrolls you are looking to work on and I'll let you know how much they cost.[/sblock]

Aristeas

First Post
[sblock]
GwydapLlew said:
Tell me what scrolls you are looking to work on and I'll let you know how much they cost.
Rystil's proposal earlier was to buy enough materials so that, if we had the opportunity to rest for most of a day after gaining some experience, Sirrel could craft a scroll with six copies of Cure Light Wounds, which the DMG prices at 75 gp and 6 xp to craft. [/sblock]

Patlin

Explorer
Rio is happy to help with the searching once he finishes scanning the area for evil. Not much good at it, but happy to help.

(+1 search modifier)

Someone

Adventurer
Tam kneels to examine the body, but he's unable to say anithng definitive about the wounds; sometimes big weapons deal small wounds is the blow is weak, and little blades can open large gashes.

[sblock=ooc]Search check to Aid Another is 7, so no help from Tam.[/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Weapon makes looks at the investigator unusually at the 'germs' reference. "A am a construct of living and unliving matter. I have seen one of my kind infused with plant matter. To say I contain no particles of life would be a statement of the Lord of Blades---that we are constructs, nothing more. That is an unusual sentiment."

Not wanting to get in the way, Weapon stays near the door, making sure no one else comes in or out.

[sblock=OOC]I think your combined searches of everyone else will be good enough. ;)[/sblock]

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Well, you don't exude a fine oily grease though, like humans do, right?" Alysina asks with a hopeful smile, "Someone will need to move it so we can examine the back--couldn't you help us? I know you'll do a great job."

[SBLOCK=OOC]If that DC is 35...:] By the way, Someone--I think you get to take 20 too, since we're all taking 20, which means you auto-succeed to Aid.[/SBLOCK]

Someone

Adventurer
[sblock=ooc]Seriously? Well, Tam would also succeed taking 10, now that you mention it.[/sblock]

Examining the body again, and this time spending a couple minutes to do so throroughly. "Explain again what's up with those 'germs'?"

As he has his answer he replies: "Let's see if I got it well. So, when a Jorasco healer -or a cleric- heal an illness, they are actually genociding millions and millions of living beings?"

Patlin

Explorer
"Healing magic strenthens the life force of the beneficiary. If that beneficiary is fighting other forms of life, it can help them win that fight."

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]You actually can never take 10 on Aiding, since then most aiding would just be automatic unless you have a penalty, but you can take 20 if you spend 20x as long, like the initiator[/SBLOCK]

Remove ads