• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Mad God's Key (Bront Judging)

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
[sblock=OOC]You remind me of a Sicilian I once knew. You know, the one that said "Never bet against a Sicilian when death is on the line!" right before he died. ;)[/sblock]

Last edited:

GwydapLlew

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Feel free to make appriopriate Bluff and Sense Motive checks at your convenience. ;)

I'm not a witch, I'm your wife! :D

To Arineas: What kind of check is what? To ask a librarian about the necklace? At the moment, it wouldn't require a check if you were asking one of the two there with you...otherwise, it's a Gather Information check.[/sblock]

Someone

Adventurer
[sblock=ooc]I think Aristeas' roll was to identify the necklace, and is asking the roll needed to ask the librarians about it, since he failed the roll.[/sblock]

"It's good we have a clue about who assaulted the student. Do any of you recognize this necklace? Tam asks the librarians watching.

GwydapLlew

First Post
The dwarf grunts and looks it over, dangling it from the leather thong as he inspects it. "It looks to be several hundred years old. Human-work, but reminiscent of several goblin tribes in the region."

He hands it back, and expounds further. "That necklace is what is called a "cairn charm," a stone often hung inside the caves and tombs along the lower Dagger River and the mountains surrounding Sharn to ward off evil spirits. Each pendant is specific to a superstition, so one particular cave system may have a particular charm to ward off the spirits of dead miners - as an example."

Someone

Adventurer
"Let's see if I got it well" says Tam. "The book is from the time when human replaces goblins around the Dagger river area, and the necklace is also old, from the same area, human made but with goblin influences. And was worn by the murderer."

"I think it's time to visit Shoreman's Guild"

Rystil Arden

First Post
"I concur. If those at Morgrave do not mind, I will take the Cairn Charm and wear it to our investigation at the Shoreman's Guild. If someone at the Guild is alarmed at this development, well then, we've found our culprit without needing to spend much effort."

Patlin

Explorer
Rio is prepared to follow the experts.

I suppose my part will come in when we start to alarm the guilty party, and they try to kill us... best to be wary even now.

GwydapLlew

First Post
Patlin said:
There being no comment to the contrary, we all follow Tam's suggestion and march off to find the Shoreman's guild.

OOC - Sorry about that; I was in phone meetings all day long. I'll be updating in a second!

Remove ads