• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Mad God's Key (Bront Judging)

Patlin

Explorer
GwydapLlew said:
OOC - Sorry about that; I was in phone meetings all day long. I'll be updating in a second!

ooc: No problem. My comment was mostly because on re-reading, I found everything was phrased as discussion rather than action. As a DM, you ought to be able to expect players to take action. :)

GwydapLlew

First Post
Lower Dura Ward, Ship's Towers District

It takes several hours to travel from the heights of University District to the depths of Lower Dura. As you descend, the architecture of Sharn slowly changes from needle-thin spires and magical architecture to thicker stone and less tasteful residents.

Ship's Towers is a seedy waterfront district that nestles on the southern tip of Sharn and opens directly onto the Dagger. Most of the traffic here consists of sailors and dockworkers searching for entertainment. Bars, flophouses, and small shops - almost none of which advertise their wares - line the main throughway, which often perches precariously over the Dagger below.

Eventually, you reach the southern docks. Here, a riot of boats, barges, smallcraft, and launches of every shape and size bob on the water, connected to one another by a web of piers, gangplanks, and rope bridges. The Shoreman's Guild is a small series of rooms fashioned into the southernmost of Sharn's mighty towers; after asking, you will be directed to a pair of bronze-capped double doors with several shuttered windows that overlook the waterfront.

Actions?

Last edited:

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
The implacable warforged looks about for any signs of guards or other layabouts, but lets those with more active mouths do any knocking or investigation.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Well, there's two main possibilities," Alysina points out along the way, "Most likely, we're dealing with a single longshoreman who has a life of crime on the side. However, there is a non-negligible chance that the Shoreman's Guild is in part a front for some more organised crime group, perhaps a Thieves' Guild or Syndicate. Thus, even on the initial approach, we should be careful."

*Alysina knocks cheerfully on the double-doors to the guild. If they are unlocked, she opens them and ushers the group in. Otherwise, she waits to be received. She is still wearing the Cairn Charm.*

Aristeas

First Post
Sirrel follows Alysina, sticking to the middle of the group so as to keep large people between herself and any incoming danger.

GwydapLlew

First Post
Lower Dura Ward, Ship's Towers District: Shoreman's Guild

The doors are unlocked, and swing open easily. Within is a sprawling chamber with a dozen tables, each with anywhere from two to eight chairs surrounding them. There are several laborers - human, half-orc, goblin, and shifter - sitting at various tables, drinking, gambling, or just chatting. A hallway leads into backrooms, and access is restricted by a small counter.

Behind the counter, sitting in a pile of books atop a chair, is a rough-looking kobold. As the lot of you enter into the hall, it sits up straight and self-importantly straightens its wool tunic. "Yes, yes, what can I do for you?"

Several of the people in the room scowl openly at the sight of Weapon, and one of them mutters under his breath before drinking his ale.

Last edited:

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Weapon stands silently, but keep his eye on the room. He'd seen looks like those before, and he'd be ready if something untoward happened. But he was not going to start something. No reason to hasten the cause of entropy.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Greetings and salutations, my friend," Alysina announces, drawing attention to herself and looking for a telltale recognition of the amulet she is wearing, "I am here looking for a friend of mine. I apologise for the imposition. Do you mind if I take a look around briefly?"

*She looks back to Rionus to see if the Paladin is detecting evil.*

Patlin

Explorer
As his companions desire it, Rionus will use his detect evil ability, hoping it won't sidetrack them into investigating a hundred ill tempered but ultimately harmless men. He knows all too well that evil is far too common. Sometimes it's like detecting water at sea...

Remove ads