• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Mad God's Key (Bront Judging)

GwydapLlew

First Post
"Alysina, eh? I'll have to remember that."

The kobold hops down from the book-laden chair and straightens out his tunic. Casting a look around the room, he opens a drawer and pulls out a small book and then locks the drawer again. "Can't be too careful with th' books," he whispers before opening it up.

Krontigard flips through several pages, muttering to himself as he does so. "Let's see...no...no...no - wait. One of our boys did come by yesterday and buy himself a new cloak. The name is Irontusk - he's a half-orc. A good guy, but he's never really had his heart in the biz. I think he suffered some sort of trauma in the Last War, but who didn't? The kobold rubs his chin and nods. "You can find him at Bargedown. It's only about twenty minutes from here. It'll be crowded, and you may have to ask around, but he'll be down there working."

Last edited:

GwydapLlew

First Post
Patlin said:
"We had best go there directly, then, Mr. Krontigard. Did you wish to accompany us?"

The kobold barely manages to control a leer at that request. "Don't mind that I do, now that you mention it. If Irontusk is a changeling, he's been lying to us for a couple of years. That, and Miss Alysina might fall in the water, and I wouldn't be missing that for a bag of gold!"

Last edited:

Patlin

Explorer
GwydapLlew said:
The kobold barely manages to control a leer at that request. "Don't mind that I do, now that you mention it. If Irontusk is a changeling, he's been lying to us for a couple of years. That, and Miss Alysina might fall in the water, and I wouldn't be missing that for a bag of gold!"

"Lead on, then. We mustn't keep Mr. Irontusk waiting."

GwydapLlew

First Post
The kobold calls for one of his assistants to man the counter and then shrugs on a familiar-looking oily cloak that had been cut down to his size. "The rest of you don't talk much, do you? He strides self-importantly out the door and looks to make sure that the group is following before heading in an ever-sloping downward path.

Toward Bargedown.

Last edited:

Someone

Adventurer
Tam joins the rest of the party as they exit the building. "How did it go?" asks discreetly.

"Ah, good. This is going well, though something tells me that Irontusk isn't the end of the thread."

Patlin

Explorer
Rio will keep a look out for trouble. He's concerned about a possible ambush from the suspects friends, or (less likely, but possible) some associates of the kobold. He doesn't think the kobold's interest is in leading them to a convenient spot for a mugging, but he's aware of the possibility.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Weapon follows near the rear, the warrior Rio seeming content to be near the front. He keeps his eyes alert, but says nothing, neither a the kobold's goading or at any reactions by the passerbyes. Unless addressed by the others, he concentrates on his job.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Someone said:
Tam joins the rest of the party as they exit the building. "How did it go?" asks discreetly.

"Ah, good. This is going well, though something tells me that Irontusk isn't the end of the thread."
[SBLOCK=OOC]In order to prevent Tam from saying something exactly that unfortunate while the kobold is around, Alysina does not provide the details that you assumed he would get in that post ;)[/SBLOCK]

Remove ads