• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Mad God's Key (Bront Judging)

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Alysina follows the kobold, her hands seemingly held peacefully against her robes, though only she knows that she has placed it where she can draw her hidden blade within an instant as she walks, without slowing. She seems to be leading the group, walking innocently and cheerfully along, and though she manages to keep it looking completely natural, somehow whenever they see a half-orc, Rio always manages to be between the half-orc and Alys.*

Patlin

Explorer
Rio is impressed with Alysina's cunning, though it occurs to him that it would be a lot easier for the rest of the team to be consistent with her story if it was a bit closer to the truth.

She really has a lot in common with Jim that way, come to think of it.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"By the way, he's very sensitive about being a...you-know-what, so please don't call him out on it, okay?" Alysina tells everyone, but particularly their new kobold friend, giving him a no-dinner-for-you-if-you-upset-my-friend look like only a woman can.

*She glances about idly, looking for the chance to set her plan in action:*

'Charm first--fight if we must. There's no need to get messy if we don't have to.'

Patlin

Explorer
Rio would be perfectly happy to avoid a fight, as he knows that it's tricky to leave someone alive when you're swinging a greatsword at them. He prefers not to kill, when killing can be avoided. Blood may well demand blood, whatever he wills, before this investigation comes to an end...

GwydapLlew

First Post
Lower Dura Ward, Ship's Towers District: Bargedown

[sblock=OOC]I changed Krontigard's color to Lime to avoid confusion with Tam.[/sblock]

The great city of Sharn comes to an abrupt end down by the Dagger River in a tumble of shacks, docks, and warehouses. Cranes extend from upper-level warehouses, lifting cargo from the boats below. The shouts of fishmongers, creaking of wagons, and the cacophony of naval industry are everpresent here. Up ahead, the bank of the Dagger River is so crowded with boats - from simple fishing vessels to wide river barges - that it is nearly impossible to see the water at all unless one looks well away from shore.

Krontigard moves them through the crowd, and though the dimunitive reptile has trouble forcing his way past people, he is obviously well-known here, and finds less trouble than you'd expect. Over his shoulder, he calls out to you. "Irontusk has sallow, almost green skin. You can recognize him 'cause one of his lower teeth has been replaced with an iron spike. Look around, ask around, whatever; I'll see if I can find him as well."

[SBLOCK=OOC]Anyone wishing to make Gather Information or Spot checks, feel free![/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

Someone

Adventurer
Rystil Arden said:
[SBLOCK=OOC]In order to prevent Tam from saying something exactly that unfortunate while the kobold is around, Alysina does not provide the details that you assumed he would get in that post ;)[/SBLOCK]

[sblock]Hence the "discreetly" part - he's sure nobody else than a random member of the group hears.[/sblock]

A burly, green half orc with an iron spike protruding from his lower jaw should easy to spot. The surrounding ruckus is however too much for Tam, used to more quiet conditions.

[sblock]Rolled a 7 for his Spot check.[/sblock]

GwydapLlew

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Wow. Those aren't Spot checks, they are "let's play pretend-I-don't-see-you" checks. :eek:

I'll wait for the last two to post and then go from there![/sblock]

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]I'll note that Alys got an average result--she may as well have taken 10. Just not as big a fan of the Spot skill as most other people tend to be :D[/SBLOCK]

Remove ads