The Making of 20 Modern

Evil Genius Productions has released the first episode of a Making of d20 Modern series on YouTube, to coincide with both the game's 20th anniversary, and also the Everyday Heroes Kickstarter which is launching soon. d20 Modern was produced by WotC and used the d20 System (which powered D&D 3E) in a separate roleplaying game set in the modern world. It was followed up by d20 Future, and other...

Evil Genius Productions has released the first episode of a Making of d20 Modern series on YouTube, to coincide with both the game's 20th anniversary, and also the Everyday Heroes Kickstarter which is launching soon.

d20 Modern was produced by WotC and used the d20 System (which powered D&D 3E) in a separate roleplaying game set in the modern world. It was followed up by d20 Future, and other books.

The video features Sigfried Trent, Bill Slavicsek, Jeff Grubb, Rich Redman, and Charles Ryan.

R_J_K75

Legend
AGE is their generic system that replaced True20. It uses 3d6 instead of d20. It's classless so it's more flexible. Overall it is very easy to learn for d20 players. 3d6 + attribute bonus + skill or talent bonus [= or higher than target number] is a success.
AGE sounds easy and similar enough so I may download the free quickstart. I do like the idea of a classless system, something I've hope D&D would do someday.

Von Ether

Legend
AGE sounds easy and similar enough so I may download the free quickstart. I do like the idea of a classless system, something I've hope D&D would do someday.
Modern AGE is classless. Fantasy AGE still has classes.

And if we didn't have Modern d20, we'd never have the Expanse.

R_J_K75

Legend
D20 Modern is still my all-time fave RPG and it's a shame the line just petered out like it did (seriously, I would have loved to see Spectaculars).
I forgot that d20 Modern had a superhero supplement planned. I don't think it was the last product scheduled though, scheduled but dropped, d20 Apocalypse and Future came out, then the whole product line was cancelled iirc.

MGibster

Legend
I played a lot of d20 games back then including Traveller, Spycraft, and even Call of Cthlhu, but I entirely missed out on d20 Modern for some reason.

Remove ads

Remove ads