The Mandalorian season 3 teaser trailer

Unless you are in the future, then yes, it is next year. I have heard March 2023 for a while, but there is no official date set yet.
"I'm a cop. From the future." ;) ... well, maybe not really :)

I probably should have been clearer: the last thing I remember is seeing a February 2023 date, but now the video just says "2023", so my assumption is that S3 will actually launch later than the originally intended date.

Dioltach

Legend
That's The Book of Boba Fett you're thinking of. The Mandalorian is the one where the ship gets wrecked all the time.

No bacta tank for the ol' Razor Crest.

I'm confused, I didn't see a bacta tank. How are they going to deliver plot without a bacta tank!??
Bacta Tanks, I don't know what you're talking about.
But why is Grogu not with Luke? Wasn't bringing him to his people the big plot point last season? Seems a big spoiler if Luke brings him back during the season or something. But maybe they must do it because people wouldn't watch without knowing Grogu is back and won't be killed by Ben Solo or the Knights of Ren.

BrokenTwin

Biological Disaster
Book of Boba Fett:

Yeah they stuck two plot critical episodes of the Mandalorian into Book of Boba Fett. TL;DR: Luke learned nothing about the failings of the Jedi and forced Grogu to choose between Jedi training and his adopted father. So obviously he chose his father figure over some guy he barely knew that forced him to re-experience some intensely traumatic memories without asking.

I take it you didn't watch The Book of Boba Fett?
No, I did, I was just being facetious with one of my problems with Boba Fett as a vehicle for having an important story arc for The Mandalorian being put in a different show. And I could imagine people in fact not having seen Boba Fett and they will be confused.

It will just never feel quite earned to me to put this in the show, and it feels like some kind of executive meddling forcing Grogu back, or the inability to come up with a story without Grogu, or the inability to continue Grogu's story at a Jedi Academy, either way, it means a major story arc was basically undone "off-screen" for the purposes of The Mandalorian. It reduces my enthusiasm for the 3rd season a lot.

MarkB

Legend
No, I did, I was just being facetious with one of my problems with Boba Fett as a vehicle for having an important story arc for The Mandalorian being put in a different show. And I could imagine people in fact not having seen Boba Fett and they will be confused.

It will just never feel quite earned to me to put this in the show, and it feels like some kind of executive meddling forcing Grogu back, or the inability to come up with a story without Grogu, or the inability to continue Grogu's story at a Jedi Academy, either way, it means a major story arc was basically undone "off-screen" for the purposes of The Mandalorian. It reduces my enthusiasm for the 3rd season a lot.
It does feel like something went badly wrong during production of The Book of Boba Fett - maybe COVID-related issues left them simply unable to shoot a lot of scenes for the show - leading them to essentially back-port a couple of episodes of The Mandalorian into the show. Certainly, I have trouble believing that was the plan from the start.

But the plotline of Grogu being unable to let go of his attachment, and Luke consequently feeling unable to train him, does feel like it arises naturally from what we know of the Jedi and the Force. Much as it was nice to see Luke back, sustaining that artificial CG construct for an extended academy story arc was never going to be practical, nor was dropping Grogu from the show. This outcome allows Luke and Ahsoka to fade back into occasional mentor cameo roles as the story needs, while also giving Grogu a grounding in the Force that will allow him to be more deliberate in its application in future.

Remove ads