The mandalorian [Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
I don't know if I'd call him a bad guy yet. I think that remains to be seen, really.

Hence the we'll see.

I'm having issues with spoiler tags for some reason, so I'll try to say this w/o giving away too much. The major battle scene had a large body count. None of those people were his bounty.

Nebulous

Legend
the closed captioning say IG-11 not 88, I wonder if he's dead or if he will be back for vengeance or something.

Also did you notice what alien was getting roasted? (haha)
Oh, I thought it was IG-88. Oh well, it might as well be, except he got his head blown off! And yeah, I did notice that critter getting roasted. The episode had lots of Empire and Jedi callbacks.

Sacrosanct

Legend
I'm not finished yet. I just wanted to complain that they're releasing one episode at a time.

If I were a betting man, I'd bet it's to prevent all those people who subscribe for just a month to binge watch the entire season, then cancel after that 1st month.

I thought it was a decent show, but I don't think the humor fit well for a mandalorian. They aren't exactly known for their comedic prowess.

Nebulous

Legend
If I were a betting man, I'd bet it's to prevent all those people who subscribe for just a month to binge watch the entire season, then cancel after that 1st month.

I thought it was a decent show, but I don't think the humor fit well for a mandalorian. They aren't exactly known for their comedic prowess.

I did not care for the humor from the blue guy in the opening sequence, that was very weak. I didn't realize until later that was Horatio Sanz from SNL.

I just watched the first episode, and it was okay-ish. The costumes and practical effects are fantastic. But plot-wise it hasn't hooked me yet, and it fails to really build a mood. But I will continue to watch it and see if it gets better. It's not bad, but it's not great either.

RSIxidor

Adventurer
I just watched the first episode, and it was okay-ish. The costumes and practical effects are fantastic. But plot-wise it hasn't hooked me yet, and it fails to really build a mood. But I will continue to watch it and see if it gets better. It's not bad, but it's not great either.

Episode 2 is also out now, looks like they'll be coming out on Fridays going forward.

Nebulous

Legend
The show is also a lot shorter than I thought it would be, eight 30ish minute episodes. But I liked the first episode pretty much. I don't know why the Mandalorian didn't park his ship like one or two miles away from the town and hoof it in (like IG-11 did). Instead we had to get that whole beast training montage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads