• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Meeting Place - Discussions and so forth

A

Adept_Nathan

PsionScribe said:
Nathan, those are awesome. I think Banner 2 looks really cool.

Depending on how bored I get between now and the 26th, I will probably create some more ::shrugs:: nothing else better to do.

I actually like the creative challenge... I find that most of my graphics are only good when they fit into some kind of 'need/want' category... as opposed to just pushing the mouse around.

Besides, I get bored a lot ;)

A

Adept_Nathan

Hey, look at that...

Hey, look at that--I'm bored already--and these only took me an hour.

Here's a couple more banners, these ones are the smaller, left-aligned ones that can be easily tiled.

Note that I have it in PS, so that gray is basically anything I want (any plain color or repeating texture, etc.) and will span both horizontally and vertically past the image.

Hope you like 'em.

City Banner
City Banner light w/sunrise

S

Seloy Bronson

I just have one thing to say . . .

TMP Menu said:
Soda (Fountain Pop): $5.00

I have a concern here, that is outragously priced. I can goto my local night club and get a 36 oz fountain drink for under three bucks.

T

Tharivious_Meliamne

Seloy Bronson said:
I just have one thing to say . . .

I have a concern here, that is outragously priced. I can goto my local night club and get a 36 oz fountain drink for under three bucks.
Bear in mind that this is set about 20 or so years in the future. Today's prices are really just part of an economic curve that grows larger over time.

Considering the inflation rate on goods from 20 years ago to the present, $5 for a soda 20-ish years in the future is a bargain. :p

A

Adept_Nathan

Tharivious_Meliamne said:
Considering the inflation rate on goods from 20 years ago to the present, $5 for a soda 20-ish years in the future is a bargain. :p

::agrees, and humbly admits the following::

I sell soda, all kinds of carbonated beverages, juices, milk, and even beer and liquor at my store...and so I'll tell you that, in Eastern (not even northeastern) America, the current high-end price for a single 20-oz. bottle of Coca-Cola or Pepsi is $1.38 after tax.

Keep in mind that we are talking NYC, and 20+ years in the future.

As it currently stands in The States, the minimum wage is rumored to be on the rise upwards of $2, which after inflation and the prices of all consumer-related goods adjusts, will put the high-end cost of your Coke at around $2.19 after tax...and that's within a few years time alone.

Summary - I agree with the price...not only because of that, but we're talking in a place where you'll probably get it served to you, it will be in a glass, and you'll probably have the option of flavored ice cubes and/or accessories like flowery straws and umbrellas.
:D

A

Autora

Take a general store price and multiply by 2 to get the cheapest prices in many nightclubs...
Used to be able to get a can of coke around here for half what the machines on the street are charging, and the airport adds another %50 onto that...
You got water on the menu for $3. Yeah, that's realistic, honestly! lol
The confusion I got on the drink prices is juice being half the price of the soda. Mind you, most of those places give out watered down juice sweetened with flavors and stuff...

W

WizO_Pounamu

All points considered, the price for soda does seem strangely out of line against the other prices on the menu. I wish I could check the original document to see if the error was there. They were posted on the boards some time ago, but I suspect that was before the system switch last year?

The price could indeed be so high in the future but that would also have affected the other prices on the menu.

I can ask to have it changed if prefered.

- Pounamu

R

Rhane Arturant

Eee!
Stop teasing me. :p
I see the link to the TMP from the ISRP Lobby. *grabs for*

Jetbomb24

First Post
The Albany legislators did appove a minimum wage increase that has it at 6.00 right now and will put it to $6.75 next year and $7.15 on 1/1/07

Intresting side note about NYS's ledgislative body: They haven't passed a budget by the time required by the state constitution in 20 years. It's a bit of a running joke and resulted in a few lawsuits last year by some schools over proposed cuts to get the budget to balance.

W

WizO_Pounamu

*chuckles*

Yup, the TMP room exists... but the door's locked. We get the keys at 3pm Saturday, pst.

Minor teething problems inside, like if we want a serving bot we've been offered Bardroid on a temporary basis..
:thinks: That could be interesting... Who ordered the side of wergs? hehehe! :p

The boss went ahead of her own accord for banners etc.

I still don't know yet on our boards forum. Sorry folks. Looks like we might be stuck tagging along in another forum for a bit, but I don't know which one.

Don't forget the events at 8pm and 10pm pst this saturday to celebrate! :angel: Tharivious' sign-up thread for the Cage is on the ISRP General board. And drag some friends along!

- Pounamu

Remove ads