D&D 5E The Minsc and Book product

teitan

Legend
I know about that bit of lore... but -look-.
Minsc-Baldur-Gate-game-DnD-portrait.jpg

This is a man in his mid to late 30s, possibly early 40s.

365114.png

This man has only recently vanquished Puberty.
He was reanimated from a statue in the first issue of the current run of D&D comics, Legends of Baldur's Gate. It's not the same Minsc, kinda. They aren't sure.

Steampunkette

Rules Tinkerer and Freelance Writer
Supporter
He was reanimated from a statue in the first issue of the current run of D&D comics, Legends of Baldur's Gate. It's not the same Minsc, kinda. They aren't sure.
According to the story it was, in fact, the real Minsc and Boo that had been petrified at some nebulous point before the "Statue" went up.

I'm just here making fun of their artistic choice to make him look young and very different while trying to pass him off as the same character.

His tattoo is even on the wrong side, for d20's sake.

dave2008

Legend
According to the story it was, in fact, the real Minsc and Boo that had been petrified at some nebulous point before the "Statue" went up.

I'm just here making fun of their artistic choice to make him look young and very different while trying to pass him off as the same character.

His tattoo is even on the wrong side, for d20's sake.
Make me wonder if the artwork got flipped.

Something that just struck me, thinking over my earlier post about how it would be nice to have a mini-campaign setting for the region is - maybe, with the Baldur's Gate III CRPG releasing next year (hopefully), this is a trial balloon for that or something similar, to be released around the time of the game's release...

Interesting... I went to check out the reviews and see if there might be any updates, and it's saying "This title is not available". It might just be temporarily down, but there's plenty of room for speculation until (if) it reappears!

(My guess is that they are going to go through and update the stat blocks, which might take a bit as there are a lot!)

Also, interestingly (as it showed up in "other products you may like" on the "product unavailable" page), there's a campaign guide to Rashemen I hasn't heard of before, with Ed Greenwood listed among the contributors...

Last edited:

Remove ads