DMs Guild Roundup: March 2022

Welcome back to our monthly DMs Guild Review! We have been away for a while but we are back and with a new look. Hope this finds you well and eager to check out what the community creators have to offer you. Let’s dive in. As always if you have some content of your own or that you find interesting, drop us a line for a review.

Welcome back to our monthly DMs Guild Review! We have been away for a while but we are back and with a new look. Hope this finds you well and eager to check out what the community creators have to offer you. Let’s dive in. As always if you have some content of your own or that you find interesting, drop us a line for a review.

Screenshot 2022-03-11 at 08-06-23 Strixhaven A Curriculum of Chaos Dungeons Dragons.png

DM’s Guild News For March

Strixhaven is available as a setting for you to create your own content on the DM’s Guild. We will be sharing a few selections down below, but check out the vast array of content for yourself right here!

381005.jpg

What’s Going On In… Strixhaven

Last December, Strixhaven was released to the public. Now there are a plethora of creator content options for groups to engage with. Here are the top three best-selling (as of this writing) as well as two others we chose as a sample of content available.
  1. Strixhaven Supplemental Volume I: A Course Catalog & Staff Directory Alex Crews
  2. Strixhaven Supplemental Volume III: Creature Compendium & Item Index Alex Crews
  3. Strixhaven: A Syllabus of Sorcery Mike Bernier (Arcane Eye)
  4. Strixhaven Scholars Angwador
  5. Strixhaven Standing (Fantasy Grounds) Grim Press, Darren Kenny, Charles Surette, Shannara
365114.png

Scrolls From the Wizards & Adepts

Here are the Top Five current best-sellers from among the DMs Guild Adepts.
  1. Minsc and Boo’s Journal of Villainy (5e). Wizards of the Coast
  2. Xanathar’s Lost Notes to Everything Else Lysa Chen, Will Doyle, James Haeck, James Introcaso, Rich Lescouflair, Shawn Merwin, Cindy Moore, Satine Phoenix, Ruty Rutenberg
  3. Domains of Delight (5e) Wizards of the Coast
  4. Waterdeep: City Encounters Alan Patrick, Cindy Moore, Greg Marks, James Introcaso, M.T. Black, Robert Adducci, Shawn Merwin, Travis Woodall, Will Doyle
  5. Blue Alley Alan Patrick, M.T. Black
379795.jpg

Focused Review - Strixhaven: A Syllabus of Sorcery

by Mike Bernier of Arcane Eye

Taking classes in a magical school cannot be the easiest thing in the world. Powerful teachers, deadly school rivals, and intra-faction romance can all work against your GPA. Well, your magic-school fantasy might have just taken on another level of challenge with Strixhaven: A Syllabus of Sorcery from Arcane Eye. It is a book of charts and events that can happen while enrolled in the Strixhaven curriculum.

This book is designed to work with Strixhaven: A Curriculum of Chaos. Within the pages of Strixhaven: A Syllabus for Sorcery, the former manual is often referenced, with page numbers to make it easy to find a given rule. The author worked hard to integrate the two books and it pays off I think. The class events alone, (class as in school class, not character class), would have been worth the effort, but the author has added group and rival mechanics. This could overwhelm the DM if they are not careful, but it provides material for almost any situation that a DM can come up with. And if not, the tables provide some fodder for situation building.

In terms of design, the book is pleasant, reminding me a bit of an ancient Rolemaster companion with all of its tables and extra goodies. If you are running a Strixhaven campaign or something similar, there is a lot of value here. Four flying brooms out of five.

Let us know if you like this slightly upgraded version of the DMs Guild News (Roundup). We hope to add snippets of valuable news to the assortment of lists and reviews every month and your feedback is always valuable.

Sean Hillman

Sean Hillman

Let us know if you like this slightly upgraded version of the DMs Guild News (Roundup). We hope to add snippets of valuable news to the assortment of lists and reviews every month and your feedback is always valuable.
Images are too large. For me, they don't even fit on my screen. Small place holders linked to the full sized images would be better imo.

I like the short review, well done.
Not sure the top 5 Adapt products is needed. Aren't those already just a search on the Guild away? What about some categories like "New Creators Worth a Look", or "New from Our Favorite Creators" or "Best New Adventures", "Best New Player Options", or "Best New DM Resources".

toucanbuzz

No rule is inviolate
So why did Minsc's tattoo migrate from one side of his face to the other? Go for the eyes Boo! Butts will be liberally kicked in good measure!

Original BG Minsc / DM Guild Minsc

1648145063963.png
1648145144168.png

Not sure the top 5 Adapt products is needed. Aren't those already just a search on the Guild away? What about some categories like "New Creators Worth a Look", or "New from Our Favorite Creators" or "Best New Adventures", "Best New Player Options", or "Best New DM Resources".

I agree. A review isn't super helpful if it just flags stuff that are already best-sellers that get a spotlight on the DMs Guild site anyhow. Much more useable would be something that dives into the under-the-radar independent stuff to dig out the hidden gems.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads