The Monolith

aco175

Legend
Another thing that social media seems to have caused problems with. Christensen appears to have removed it mostly from all the sudden visitors driving over local plants and littering trash and human crap all around. I can see his angle on most of this. The part about anchoring it to the rocks being an ethical failure is where I lose interest. The article says he is a rock climber and rock tightrope walker which usually involves anchoring things to the rocks as well. Even if you are not anchoring, the act of climbing causes small amounts of damage to the rocks. There was no pictures of the scale of damage from the monolith or the visitors, so I may be missing some things.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Even if you are not anchoring, the act of climbing causes small amounts of damage to the rocks. There was no pictures of the scale of damage from the monolith or the visitors, so I may be missing some things.

There were some pictures. It looked like they took a saw and cut three lines into the rock, and removed the center portion to fit the monolith. The gouges in the stone beyond the monolith were notable.

In any event, even if you feel his thoughts about damage to the rock are not valid, the trash and literal excrement left by humans are still enough reason to take down a structure that wasn't erected legally in the first place.

BookTenTiger

He / Him
There were some pictures. It looked like they took a saw and cut three lines into the rock, and removed the center portion to fit the monolith. The gouges in the stone beyond the monolith were notable.

In any event, even if you feel his thoughts about damage to the rock are not valid, the trash and literal excrement left by humans are still enough reason to take down a structure that wasn't erected legally in the first place.
Alien 1: "We need to collect samples of human feces, but we cannot interact with human sewer systems because of our extreme allergy to water. What should we do?"

Alien 2 (brandishing monolith): I have an idea!

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Alien 1: "We need to collect samples of human feces, but we cannot interact with human sewer systems because of our extreme allergy to water. What should we do?"

Haven't you see the colon cancer screening kit commercials? You don't need to collect it, they will send it right to you!

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter

Alien 1: “That looks a lot bigger than the ones we used on them 30 solar cycles ago. I don’t think that will fit.”

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases