The Mourning After (Horror) (IC)


log in or register to remove this ad


FitzTheRuke

Legend
Lazharis, as if there was no danger at all, calmly but quickly walked over to the nearby heavy guard, who had been crushed by a the top of the guard-tower. He knelt down and quickly plucked a heavy crossbow and a quarrel from the corpse. By the time he had stood back up, he had cranked the crannequin until it locked, placed the quarrel, and raised the crossbow toward a guard that was climbing out of the tower's debris. The guard was between him and the only way out. Vesile was already heading that way. Showing no mercy, he fired the quarrel.

OOC: I am assuming that I can get a quarrel as part of getting the crossbow. If not, he won't have fired until next round, but will instead use his action to take the entire quarrel case. If it's okay that he took a quarrel, he will crossbow attack: 1D20+5 = [14]+5 = 19 for 1D10+2 = [4]+2 = 6 piercing
 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Thanks to the warning, Maladiel is able to sidestep the tower, although a big hunk of wood came down at his feet. Before he can worry about the dead and wailing injured in front of him, he sees the monstrous creature.

"What in the name of the Host," he starts, but decides not to confront that powerful foe. Instead, the half-elf realizes an escape route has presented itself.

Following Lazharis across the broken tower, Mal points at another guard with his finger -- old habits -- and mutters, "Dolor!"

The guard immediately clutches his head as a spike of disorienting pain is driven through his brain.

OOC: Dexterity saving throw: 2D20+2.HIGH(1) = [6, 14] + 2 = 16
Initiative: 1D20+2 = [20]+2 = 22


Move up to the tower, cast the Mind Sliver cantrip at the guard next to the one Lazharis targetted with the crossbow. (Mind Sliver only requires a verbal component.)

Guard must make an Intelligence save (DC 13) or take 1D6=3 psychic damage and substract 1D4=4 from his next saving throw before the end of my next turn.
 

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: Taking the shield so that one of the others who can use it doesn't have to instead taking it directly (Action to equip)


Malix delays a bit until part of the tower smashes in front of him and immediately rushes forward over the ruined tower and stands next to the guard impaled by the beast. He strips the shield from guards corpse and holds it out.
"Fighters! Get this! And the other!"

Init; Dex save: 1D20+3 = [5]+3 = 8
2D20.HIGH(1)+5 = [10, 13]+5 = 18


Move: a square to the left and down (diagonal, "SW") from Z
Action: take the shield
 

Hades#2

Explorer
Xian

Xian managed to dodge out of the way of the falling tower, only getting slightly injured in the process. He watched in astonishment as a hulking monstrosity lumbered out of the wreckage. What has House Vadalis been up to? He made a mental note to report this if he survived.


Xian pointed at a nearby guard and hurled a string of insults while he made his way towards the exit.

Ooc: dex save 2#1d20+4: 2 # 5 [1d20=1] 18 [1d20=14]. Dice Roller • Orokos.com,. Initiative= 1d20+2: 7 [1d20=5]
casting Viscous Mockery. Verbal component only, wisdom save DC 13 or take 1d4 psychic damage and have disadvantage on attack rolls before the end of it's next turn.
 

MetaVoid

Adventurer
Ozzar runs after the dwarven healer, snatching the spear off the ground and trying to get his arm into shield straps.

Move: straight E toward Z
Interact: take the spear
Action: don the shield (if neurotics / Malix idea works)
 

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
Jailbreak! Round 2.

The heavy guards pound upon the Ogre-Bird, one even scoring a critical blow, only to have their blows returned by a massive claw, slicing through the armor of one guard into their stomach. The Ogre-Bird takes this opening to thrust its beak inside the wound, and rip out the guard's internal organs. The Ogre-bird then raises its head to slide the bloody mess down its gullet, and you watch as the grotesque meal somehow mends the creature's wounds.

The fearsome feast horrifies the nearby prisoners. One falls to their knees and starts praying. Another bolts to climb the fence, only to find themselves electrified. The lingering smell of burnt flesh serves as a warning to anyone else attempting to do the same.

The other guards stand in shock, they have to stop the beast, but the prisoners are escaping. Two of which are wounded by the efforts of the party. They raise their shields in defense, waiting for some higher up to take command (dodge action)

Vesile attempts to rouse the prisoners “Run now, or you are all going to end up like him!”
GM: Round in review! Get ready for your next turn.
Ogre-Bird. AC 15, HP ??, Passive Perception: 13, Initiative: 15
Guard X4. AC: 16, HP 11, Passive Perception: 12, Initiative : 10
Heavy Guard. AC 16, HP 32, Passive Perception: 10, Initiative: 16.

G1: 5/11 (bloody)
G2: 4/11 (bloody)
G3: 11/11
G4: 11/11
H1: 0/32 (dead)
H2: 32/32

B: -19 (slightly hurt)
Vesile: AC 14, HP ??, Passive Perception: 13, Initiative: 7.
Prisoner X11: AC 10, HP 4, Passive Perception: 10, initiative: 9.
One prisoner died from the fence
Lazharis. AC: 14, HP: 7/9, Passive Perception: 14, Initiative: 21
Maladiel. AC: 12, HP: 5/7, Passive Perception: 14, Initiative: 22, Spells: 2/2. FBTG: 1/1.
Malix. AC: 17, HP: 8/10, Passive Perception: 15, Initiative: 8
Xian. AC: 13, HP: 7/9, Passive Perception: 13, Initiative: 7, Spells: 2/2 + D, BI: 3/3
Ozzar. AC 16: HP: 13/13?, Passive Perception: 13, Initiative: 10?, SW: 1/1,

Lazharis is not proficient with a Heavy Crossbow, but lands a bolt despite it.
I am assuming Xian is targeting the same guard Maladiel did.
Ozzar and Malix manage to equip the watchdwarf with a spear and shield.
Ozzar did not roll for initiative, I just went with 10 for this round.
 

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Realizing that the crossbow is much heavier than the one he trained on, years ago, Lazharis looked around for a prisoner who might be better suited to it. Spotting a dwarf, he offered the crossbow to Ozzar. After that was dealt with, he dashed off. For a moment, he considered climbing over the fallen tower toward freedom, but the guards there would need to be dealt with. He climbed to a dead guard and rolled him over to take a pack off of him.
 
Last edited:


MetaVoid

Adventurer
Dex save: 1D20 = [19] = 19 - forgot this one at the start
Ozzar was ready when the tower came crashing down so he was as far away as he could be and jumped away as the wreckage landed. He was still hurt by splinters and debris, but nothing it could have been.

Ozzar nods at Lazharis as he takes heavy crossbow off him. Not quite the standard guard issue, but close enough. He points it loading as he goes. Fancy weapons aren't his thing, but this one is nice, big and heavy thing made for his strength.

The bolt leaps forward with a satisfying th-swish-clang-thud, the last part sound of the bolt punching through the armor of an unfortunate guard.
"Slavers, your operation is illegal! Surrender now and live! Well, those that aren't eaten by that thing! Go, git!"


Free interact: take the crossbow
Action: shoot leftmost guard blocking the way out
Crossbow attack; P damage: 1D20+2 = [13]+2 = 15
1D10 = [9] = 9


Move: toward the guards
 
Last edited:

Hades#2

Explorer
Xian

Xian keeps an eye on the creature, hoping it ignores the prisoners. He focuses on the nearest guard and utters a single word.


"Flee!"

Xian then cautiously heads towards the exit.

Ooc: Casting 1st level spell Command, verbal only. Wisdom save DC 13.
 

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Malix moves toward the guards and veers toward the one that breaks formation.

OOC: if either Ozzar or Xian disable the guard he goes for the space opened
 

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
Jailbreak! round 3

Ozzar’s bolt fells a guard, while the party’s words fall upon deaf ears. With the increasing pressure from the advancing group of people, the remaining guards form up to block off the exit. The wounded guard thrusts his spear at Lazharis, but the weapon narrowly misses as the elf unflinchingly advances. In response, the guard next to him also attacks, this time landing a blow that leaves the elf bleeding. “Stay back, you lot! We’re warning you!” The last screams with a cracking voice.

In the background, the Heavy Guard and the Ogre-bird trade blows, the guard’s mace leaving a small dent in the creature's hulking hide, while the Ogre-bird’s claws land mighty blows against the bloody guard.

The prisoners scatter as far back as they can, but the fences prevent them from getting far.

Vesile whispers to her ally. “Don’t die yet! I’m moving into position, get ready for it!” As she creeps along the rubble of the tower.

GM:
Guard made his saving throw!
Wisdom Save: 1D20= [17] = 17

Guard Misses a spear attack!
Spear: 1D20+3 = [10]+3 = 13 1D6+1 = [6]+1 = 7

Guard Lands a spear attack, for a bit of damage!
Spear: 1D20+3 = [18]+3 = 21 1D6+1 = [3]+1 = 4

Current Map
Escape round 3.jpg

I moved the Prisoners off the map, to make it easier on myself, hah.

V: Vesile
M: Malix
E: Maladiel
O: Ozzar
L: Lasharis
X: Xian

B: The Ogre-Bird

G: Guard. Armed with a spear and shield.
Z: a dead guard
H: Heavy guard. Armed with mace, shield, and heavy crossbow.
A: a dead heavy guard

The recently dead guard in the south had one pack on him, the guard standing in the middle of the exit has another.

Ogre-Bird. AC 15, HP ??, Passive Perception: 13, Initiative: 15
Guard X3. AC: 16, HP 11, Passive Perception: 12, Initiative : 10
Heavy Guard. AC 16, HP 32, Passive Perception: 10, Initiative: 16.

G1: 0/11 (dead)
G2: 4/11 (bloody)
G3: 11/11
G4: 11/11
H1: 0/32 (dead)
H2: 12/32

B: -21 (slightly hurt)

Vesile: AC 14, HP ??, Passive Perception: 13, Initiative: 7.

Lazharis. AC: 14, HP: 3/9, Passive Perception: 14, Initiative: 21 (bloody)
Maladiel. AC: 12, HP: 5/7, Passive Perception: 14, Initiative: 22, Spells: 2/2. FBTG: 1/1.
Malix. AC: 17, HP: 8/10, Passive Perception: 15, Initiative: 8
Xian. AC: 13, HP: 7/9, Passive Perception: 13, Initiative: 7, Spells: 1/2 + D, BI: 3/3
Ozzar. AC 16: HP: 13/11, Passive Perception: 13, Initiative: 10?, SW: 1/1,
 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
"Dolor!" Maladiel intones again, this time pointing at the guard who ordered them to stop and magically thrusting an invisible spike of hurtful might into the poor man's head.

Then the half-elf moves to his right, off the tower remnants towards the watchtower still standing, hoping to be able to reach the dead guard's pack.

OOC: Cast mind sliver at the guard who injured Lazharus (guard must make an Intelligence save (DC 13) or take 1D6=2 psychic damage and substract 1D4=2 from his next saving throw before the end of my next turn).

Then move to the South-West, to the side of the next watchtower, hopefully reaching Z's pack on the next turn.
 

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Lazarus felt the tip of the spear go into his side and he smiled. It was nice to feel something, anything, again since the experiment had changed him. His reaction was so strange, that the guards were confused for a moment, which Lahzaris took advantage of, reaching over the one in the middle and grabbing his pack, Lahzaris pulled it over the guards head.

OOC: Is it an action to grab a pack? Should I roll a grapple?
 

MetaVoid

Adventurer
"Oy, wait for me!"
Ozzar looks at the wild melee near him and decides to follow the group rather than shooting again. He runs across broken tower toward the breach in the fence.
"We need to go!"
Dash and move: S + S + SE + S + SE (this assumes difficult terrain, otherwise, shoot leftmost guard)
 




Level Up!

An Advertisement

Advertisement4

Top