The Mourning After (Horror) (IC)

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: Sorry for the wait, I planned to post over the weekend, read everything, thought about the action and got distracted, but still thought I did it :(


Malix slides toward the guard, leg lashing low to the ground toward the guard. But as he pivots his pivoting foot crashes through the broken timber. Falling down he flips over crashing the heel of his original pivot foot into the guard. Using the strike he pushes off and rolls over onto his feet back into the combat crouch.

 
Last edited:

log in or register to remove this ad

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
GM: No problems. I aim for about a post per week, more if everyone replies fast enough. There is still more than enough time to take your action.
 
Last edited:

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
Jailbreak! Round 4

Maladiel forces his mind into the wounded guard, sending him reeling in pain. Then Lazharis makes his move, grabbing the pack off the befuddled guard.

Meanwhile, the Ogre Bird finishes off the last Heavy Guard, and makes a meal of them. As Ozzar scrambles over the debris, catching up to the rest of the group.

The guards turn their attention to the bold Lazharis, but their spears miss. Malix uses the opening to fell the wounded guard with a kick.

Xian successfully distracts the guards for just a moment, but a moment is all that is needed for Vesile to come in with a loud spell, it knocks the living guards off their feet, and back into the electric fence, killing both. The spell has two side effects, the debris between you and the hole in the fence is clear, but unfortunately the commotion has attracted the attention of the Ogre Bird.

"Damn, we need to run!" Vesile shouts in a panic.


GM:
Sorry for the wait!

Current Map

Escape Round 4.jpg


V: Vesile
M: Malix
E: Maladiel
O: Ozzar
L: Lasharis
X: Xian

B: The Ogre-Bird

G: Guard. Armed with a spear and shield.
Z: a dead guard
H: Heavy guard. Armed with mace, shield, and heavy crossbow.
A: a dead heavy guard

The brown patch has been cleared of debris and is no longer difficult terrain
Maladiel Mind sliver VS guard 2 : _: 1D20 = [10] = 10

FAIL! -2 hp (2/11)

Lazharis goes for the Pack:
_: 1D20 = [11] = 11
Success!

Ogre Bird finishes off the other Heavy guard.

Ozzar moves, Difficult Terrain.

Guards fight Lazharis
Attack Roll: 1D20+3 = [3]+3 = 6
Miss!

Attack Roll: 1D20+3 = [6]+3 = 9
Miss!

Malix moves in for the kill: Guard 2, -3 HP, -1/11 HP (Dead)

Xian distracts the Guards:
Insight: 1D20 = [18] = 18
Success!

Vesile goes in for the pushback!
Casting Thunderwave on guards 3 and 4.

CON save: 1D20+1 = [8]+1 = 9
CON save: 1D20+1 = [2]+1 = 3

Saves Failed!

Guards are pushed back into the electric fence!

_: 2D8+2D8 = [5, 6]+[4, 5] = 20
Dead!

Ogre-Bird. AC 15, HP -17 (slightly hurt), Passive Perception: 13, Initiative: 15

All guards dead.

Vesile: AC 14, HP ??, Passive Perception: 13, Initiative: 7.

Lazharis. AC: 14, HP: 3/9, Passive Perception: 14, Initiative: 21 (bloody)
Maladiel. AC: 12, HP: 5/7, Passive Perception: 14, Initiative: 22, Spells: 2/2. FBTG: 1/1.
Malix. AC: 17, HP: 8/10, Passive Perception: 15, Initiative: 8
Xian. AC: 13, HP: 7/9, Passive Perception: 13, Initiative: 7, Spells: 1/2 + D, BI: 3/3
Ozzar. AC 16: HP: 13/11, Passive Perception: 13, Initiative: 10?, SW: 1/1,
 

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Lazharis expected to die here at the point of a spear, but he was able to dodge and block. A small part of him was disappointed - he hoped the end would be a different journey, perhaps with more excitement than this life. Though it would, perhaps, feel interesting, he had no desire to be eaten by an ogre bird. He ran, while rummaging through the pack to see what he could use.
 




JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Cursing as the monstrous creature now turns its attention on them, Maladiel hopes to create a diversion. Hand motions cluncky from years of disuse, he still manages to pull off the most basic of spells he ever learned.

Ten feet away from the half-elf, a magical and colourful shower of sparks starts raining, hopefully distracting the monster.

"We're leaving!" Maladiel adds, making his way to the hole in the fence quickly.

OOC: Casting the prestidigitation cantrip to distract the ogre-bird away from us.

In my last post I had Maladiel move to two squares down and one to the left of where he's on your last map, which means prestidigitation is cast on the fence nearest Xian. If somehow you feel Maladiel is not there but on the place you put him, the spell is centered a bit further away from the party.

In either case, Mal will move straight for the exit after casting.
 

MetaVoid

Adventurer
"Come on! Leave the bird, move through, move, move, move!"
Opposite to his own advice, Ozzar moves just into the opening and stands with his shield ready, waving others through, trying to cover the passage.

Move: E, SE, S
Action: Dodge
 

Hades#2

Explorer
Xian doesn't bother to reply. Ignoring the remaining guards, he heads for the exit with all due haste. He makes a mental note to include a statement regarding his comrades in his report to the House should he survive this unexpected ordeal.
 






Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
Jailbreak! Round 5.

Maladiel Casts a spell as a distraction, causing the electric fence to spark and ark, giving the Ogre-Bird pause. Then makes his escape.
Lazharis rifles through the pack discovering a few weapons and supplies.
The Ogre-Bird decides to not press its luck against the fence, instead opting to eat another of the downed guards.
Ozzar’s words seem to have roused the spirits of the bystanding prisoners, with a clear path to safety, they scramble for the hole in the fence.
Malix picks up a pack, then follows Xian out of the enclosure.
Vesile makes her way towards freedom, stopping only to give her friend advice "You better get moving before those sods trample you! Or worse, the guards get you again! I’ll meet you in the bluehouse, you can bring your friends, if only for the added muscle.”

Lazharis recognises the message : The bluehouse is a safehouse below a nearby residence.
GM:
The Ogre-Bird fails to recognize the sparking is fake!
Investigation check.: 1D20-2 = [1]-2 = -1

Normally it takes an action to disprove a Minor Illusion, but Prestidigitation isn’t quite as powerful for deception as Minor Illusion. Also, a negative check, that’s a rarity for 5e!

Packs collected: 2

Lazharis has Ozzar’s Explorer's pack, including a Warpick and Two Handaxes.

Malix has Xian’s Entertainer’s pack, including a Recorder, Dagger, and Rapier.

Both packs include all items that were listed as being in them.
Ogre-Bird. AC 15, HP -11 (slightly hurt), Passive Perception: 13, Initiative: 15

Vesile: AC 14, HP ??, Passive Perception: 13, Initiative: 7.

Lazharis. AC: 14, HP: 3/9, Passive Perception: 14, Initiative: 21 (bloody)
Maladiel. AC: 12, HP: 5/7, Passive Perception: 14, Initiative: 22, Spells: 2/2. FBTG: 1/1.
Malix. AC: 17, HP: 8/10, Passive Perception: 15, Initiative: 8
Xian. AC: 13, HP: 7/9, Passive Perception: 13, Initiative: 7, Spells: 1/2 + D, BI: 3/3
Ozzar. AC 16: HP: 13/11, Passive Perception: 13, Initiative: 10?, SW: 1/1

This is effectively End Of Combat, unless you want to stick around for some reason.
 

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"Feel free to follow me," suggested Lazharis to the others, with a tone that suggested that he didn't care if they did or not, "I know a place where we can lay low."

He will lead the group by a complicated route, trying to lose any following guards, spies, or other observers, and eventually to the bluehouse.
 

MetaVoid

Adventurer
Ozzar follows the group, using the opportunity to properly don the shield and wield a weapon. He doesn't like the term "lie low", sounds too much as a criminal...but in this instance where they are literal fugitives he is willing to evaluate the situation first, report to the authorities second.
 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Maladiel is uncharacteristically silent as he follows Lazharis, hoping to talk to the elf later to get an estimate of what he's about. For now, however, he just wants to get away from that creature and those who want to lock him up.
 


Level Up!

An Advertisement

Advertisement4

Top