The Mourning After (Horror) (IC)

Hades#2

Explorer
Xian looked at everything carefully during their journey, trying to memorize the path they took. The mists were interesting and yet his many dangers. He hoped to survive this journey and make it back to civilization. The House needed to know about what he had seen and experienced.

Investigation

1d20+3: 22 [1d20=19]. Dice Roller • Orokos.com

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Maladiel seems troubled by the mist and the shapes he vaguely sees in it, but at the same time he is glad it muffles his footsteps somewhat.

Even though he appears uncomfortable, Mal is actually glad to be doing something again, even if it is dangerous. No good comes from sitting idly, and although he does not wish to face off against undead, the shady nature of his surroundings almost feel comfortable, reminding him of backroom politics and backstabbing.

OOC: Stealth Maladiel: 1D20+4 = [5]+4 = 9
Is there a chance of Advantage on stealth due to the mist?

Haven't leveled Maladiel yet; will do so soon.

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
When you exit the ransacked house, the mist ripples like a rock tossed into a still lake with each step. You can barely see the ground under your feet, and off in the distance you can see murky clouds where buildings and the spaces between should have been. Even in these ruins, there is a way east you can make out. A thin patch of mist lit up by some bent Everburning street lamps. The unnatural convenience of such a path is not lost upon you, and you cannot help but wonder if the mist itself was daring you to cross as Yelisha shepherds the group.

Some distance in, after a bit of false confidence seeps into your steps, causing Maladie to trip over a hidden bottle, which clinks off into a nearby alleyway. Despite holding your collective breath, the sound alerts the dead nearby. A ghoul mounted on a zombie clawfoot sniffs the area, noticing you, and charges.

GM: I'm going to try first-come, first-serve for this combat, mostly because I think it will be easier than trying to keep a proper initiative

Xian: You notice masses of zombie body parts twitching under the mist just ahead of you. The others were too preoccupied with the obvious threat to notice.

ROUND 1.jpg

Allies:
Yelisha: Speed 30, AC 15 , HP ??, Passive Perception: 13,
Vesile: Speed 30, AC 14, HP ??, Passive Perception: 13,

Lazharis. Speed 30, AC: 14, HP: 15/15, Passive Perception: 14,
Maladiel. Speed 30, AC: 12, HP: 12/12, Passive Perception: 14, Spells: 3/3. FBTG: 1/1.
Malix. Speed 30, AC: 17, HP: 17/17, Passive Perception: 15,
Xian. Speed 30, AC: 13, HP: 15/15, Passive Perception: 13, Spells: 3/3 + D, BI: 3/3
Ozzar. Speed 25, AC 16: HP: 23/23, Passive Perception: 13, , SW: 1/1.

Enemies:
Ghoul. Speed 30, AC 12, HP 22, Passive Perception: 13
Clawfoot Zombie. Speed 40, AC 13 HP 19, Passive Perception 13.
X2 Swarm of Zombie Limbs. Speed 30(c). AC 10, HP 22 Passive Perception 9

JustinCase

Maladiel releases his breath after the bottle stops clinking down the alleyway, and even though the appearance of an undead is most unwelcome, the half-elf is at least glad there is some clarity about what's hiding in the mist.

On instinct, the charismatic sorcerer reaches for the strange feelings he had during his dreams, only a few hours ago, as his fingers dance to the strange words coming out of his mouth without conscious thought.

To his surprise, a flash of light pierces through the gloom, starting just before Mal and streaking straight at the approaching ghoul. As it hits the creature, the light burns at it and remains glowing for a while, making the undead an easier target for his allies.

"By the Host," Maladiel breathes, impressed that it works and he has a new trick up his sorcerous sleeves.

OOC: I leveled Maladiel, giving him the new spell Guiding Bolt, and I want to try it in action straight away. :)

Guiding Bolt: 1D20+5 = [12]+5 = 17 (hit)
for 4D6 = [5, 6, 3, 3] = 17 radiant damage

Additionally, attack rolls on the ghoul have Advantage until the end of my next turn.

Does radiant damage deal extra damage to undead? I can't find it in the rules or the ghoul entry.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: Radiant damage will kill a zombie that otherwise gets a save to remain standing. Also, the ghoul remains at 1 HP :( !!!! I rolled min damage and missed with second attack even with the advantage.

@Leatherhead , add 2 Ki Points to Malix status line

Malix runs forward and around the fallen creature preventing it from running away easily. He stomps down on it trying to end the threat immediately. While the first attack connects, his second is foiled by the creature rolling aside under him and he stomps the cobblestones, barely grazing the undead.

He remains poised for counter attack either by the beast or the downed ghoul.

Last edited:

JustinCase

OOC: Oh, and I'll update my character one-line sheet with the most current numbers:

Maladiel. Speed 30, AC: 12, HP: 13/13, Passive Perception: 14, Spells: 3/4. FBTG: 1/1. SP: 2/2.

(SP means Sorcery Points.)

Remove ads