The Mourning After (Horror) (IC)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Lazharis nodded, it all sounded fine to him. He was curious where all this would lead, but not overly so. He wondered if it would all end in horrible death, but was disappointed that he couldn't bring himself to worry about it either way.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Good night all. I'm still full from that gruel we ate previously."
Malix finds a suitable spot for watching room access points and positions himself so he can pretend to sleep as is his custom. Once alone, he uses the time to adjust his disguise again. It is getting hard keeping it up with all this fighting.

OOC: Just a reminder to the group. Malix is a warforged, you know it, you saw it. But all the time he's in public, he goes around as a dwarf, sporting a beard, body covered fully and eyes masked behind the lenses. There are obvious tell-tale signs, the eyes are immovable, he doesn't need to blink and sometimes forgets, but for the short interactions it works.

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
3rd of Zarantyr, 998 YK. Nightfall
Eyrna Niadh's house, Northshore, Metrol, Cyre

As the darkness takes the city, the people hunker down. Tonight would be like the others, the siege taking place just outside the walls. Even through the sound-dampening wards, you can still barely make out clashes of metal and screams of pain. Occasionally there would be a flash, followed by the thud of magical artilleries.

Eyrna turns on the echoer device, to drown out most of it.

GM: For ambiance, don't pay it too much official credence~

Somehow, rest comes, and with it sleep for most. The nightmare of recent events plays itself out in your heads, a moment of grotesque reflection. While in the reverie you manage to look at yourself, and find yourself twisted. The shock snapping you back to the world of consciousness.

In the morning you rouse. Though you can hardly call your stay comfortable, you do feel somewhat recharged, if not a little changed.

GM: Level up! Just in time for spooky season!

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Malix activates once first person awakes as is his want. Finding some privacy, he adjusts his disguise and joins in making coffee and breakfast.

Ozzar takes his time while within safe place to eat properly. His drink-shakes are still bad, but it is a wonder what proper adrenaline can do to a body.

OOC: are we playing?

Hades#2

Explorer
Xian slept moderately well, though not as well if he had been back at one of the house enclaves. Considering their current circumstances, it could be worse.

While he ate the meager offerings his thoughts wandered to his cousin. How would he be able to explain what happened to her to the family? It was unthinkable that someone did this to her and others.

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
4th of Zarantyr, 998 YK. Dawn.
Eyrna Niadh's house, Northshore, Metrol, Cyre

The group would wake. Over breakfast the plans would be discussed. Bowls of ragout were set out, with a pinch of Presto (House House Ghallanda's Prestidigitation spice) to make it more palatable.

"The Bridge of the Dead is the safest way across the water. But we would have give a rat a feast of cheese to get through." Vesile dryly quips.

"Crossing by water is much quicker, and will evade the guards, but the Queen has commandeered nearly every sturdy ship, and the rest are likely to be eaten by the shredderfish before you reach shore." Eyrena counters.

"I could guide us through the fog of Dead Man’s Land." Yelisha offers. "There are many passages I remember. But also many ghouls and other undead. Slow and dangerous, but we don't have to rely on others."

OOC: Sorry about the delays! I wanted to give everyone enough time, and then the holiday swamped me at work.

Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Lazharis shrugged. He was willing to try to bribe a watchman he knew who worked the Bridge of the Dead, but there was no guarantee that he could be trusted. One way was as dangerous as the others, when it came down to it.

"I will accompany you whichever way you choose," he told the others.

Hades#2

Explorer
Xian carefully considered their options. None were ideal. Bribing guards, crossing a very dangerous river, or fighting hordes of undead.

"While none of the options are safe, crossing the bridge may be the least hazardous."

Remove ads