• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Name Of The Shadows

Kaodi

Hero
Wir, Therendor 18, 998 YK

( I guess this is the point where I actually have to stat out our little company, ;) . )

Perhaps you should draw your rapier, Klik. I doubt that severing the rope was a misunderstanding.

Kaodi

Hero

Another bolt whizzes by you, so far off target you'd almost wonder if it was even aimed at the skeleton.

Out of the corner of you're eye, you can see there is a flurry of activity down below, though no one appears eager to chance jumping the gap in order to come to your aid. You don't have much time to worry about that though, as the skeleton lets out a keening wail and moves to the attack, swinging its axe, which has clearing seen better days, down at your head. You manage to dodge the blow, and another missile streaks by, this one striking a glancing blow on the skeleton but bouncing off harmlessly.

( You're up. )

I'm looking to strike the skeleton with the pummel of my rapier.

(called shot)

12+3-4 = 11 (plus whatever the sword gives me as a bonus)

buggers

Kaodi

Hero

All the skeleton feels is a tiny breeze as your blow swings by.

At that moment, your ears are pierced by a chorus of wails like that of the skeleton you are fighting. Right around the upper level, more of the skeletal figures begin to crawl out of the various doorways and windows, briefly revealed by the strobing light of the lantern.

You see your companions begin to set up a defensive perimeter, and the ladies are forced to find new targets. You can't see it hit, but one of the missiles strikes a ringing blow, though its unlikely it did any real damage.

Fortunately for you, no more of the undead goblinoids seem to be taking an interest in you, but of course, that doesn't seem to bother your one opponent as it takes another wild swing at you. Leaping to the side at the rusty axe blade comes right for you, it leaves a gash in your armour, the force of it having been narrowly deflected by the metal rivets. Had the weapon been sharpened and new, you'd likely be nursing a bloody wound.

Nice move, Klik, but you are going to have to think of another way to fell this expired creature.

Last edited:

Kaodi

Hero

Your attack is so clumsy that you are surprised when you do not take a slice out of yourself, but you remain unharmed.

As you dance with the dead, you hear the clattering and cracking of bones.

Not too bright, are they, Klik? I suppose that makes you lucky.

The voice seems to be referring to the skeletons method of descent. Having no real intelligence to speak of, the first wave had jumped off of the ledge, crashing into the floor. Unfortunately, they all rise again, but they have surely taken heavy damage from the fall. In a few moments, they will be engaging in melee with your thus far living comrades.

Again the ladies fire, and again they are ineffective. " It's no use! " growls Soranath. " Draw your blades, before they're on us. "

Meanwhile, your undead opponent takes another swing at you, but you safely jump out of the way of it. Your ducking and dodging has now left the foe in between you and the edge of the ledge, so at least you do not have to contend with the open air for now.

(sorry- figured on a kill automatically)

((ugh.... first character in a loooong time with no STR bonus))

4 dam

swing again. 14+3 -4 called = 13

Remove ads