• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Nature of the Universe

Kemrain

First Post
Darth K'Trava said:
I don't see how the universe can be "flat". There's no way it can be linear"; it'd have to have all three dimensions and quite possibly a fourth as well to encompass everything that exists within it. There's just too much mass to suggest otherwise and mass definitely isn't flat nor linear.
I don't think this is what people mean whe nthey say that space is flat. They mean that space isn't curved. For instance, if you have 2 paralell lines, they'll never cross is space is flat. But if there's a curve they could intersect, eventually.

- Kemrain the Not Sure Sie Gets It.

Darth K'Trava

First Post
Kemrain said:
I don't think this is what people mean whe nthey say that space is flat. They mean that space isn't curved. For instance, if you have 2 paralell lines, they'll never cross is space is flat. But if there's a curve they could intersect, eventually.

- Kemrain the Not Sure Sie Gets It.

If you have 2 parallel lines, if both curve then they still won't cross. But if one is, then there's a possibility, depending on which one is curved.

Last edited:

mythusmage

Banned
Banned
Darth K'Trava said:
If you have 2 parallel lines, if both curve then they still won't cross. But if one is, then there's a possibility, depending on which one is curved.

Not that kind of curve. We're referring to parallel lines on a surface that itself curves. As on a sphere for instance.

Peter: Do you know why parallel lines never meet?

B.C.: Nobody introduces them?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads