• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Necromancer's Skull (Judge - covaithe)

Brain

First Post
"I'm good to go!", says Vixo after a few minutes of rest and recooperation.

(spent 4 healing surges, back to full)

[sblock=Stat Block]
Vixo - Male Kobold Rogue 1
Passive Perception:16, Passive Insight:11, Senses: Normal
AC:16, Fortitude:13, Reflex:16, Will:11 -- Speed:6, Size: Small
HP: 28/28, Bloodied 14, Surge Value 7, Surges left 5/9
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: Not used
Powers -
Shifty (Minor action shift 1) [Kobold Racial]
Deft Strike [Rogue 1]
Riposte Strike [Rogue 1]

King's Castle [Rogue 1]
Multiclass Fighter Power [Student of the Sword Feat]

Blinding Barrage [Rogue 1]
[/sblock]

JRYoung

First Post
OOC: OK, thanks Garyh. Skalisss uses one healing surge to get to 22 then.

OOC: It seems to me that this is our opportunity for an extended rest. Being very low on healing surges is disaster waiting to happen, we need to recover them. Let's take the extended rest now.

"Let usss ressst the night my friendsss. Thessse woundsss mussst heal." Skalisss implores the others.

[SBLOCK=Mini Stat Block]
Skalisss - Male Dragonborn Paladin 1
Passive Perception: 12, Passive Insight: 17
AC:20, Fort:15, Reflex:13, Will:15 -- Speed:5
HP 22/27, Bloodied 13, Surge Value 7, Surges left 9/11
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: USED
Powers -
Valiant Strike
Bolstering Strike

Piercing Smite
Paladin's Judgement
Dragon Breath USED
Lay on Hands
Divine Challenge

Channel Divinity: Divine Mettle
Channel Divinity: Divine Strength

[/SBLOCK]

Vlastos

First Post
Hmm,.... if Skalisss needs the time off, that changes things for me, Steppyn; it was his dragon breath that turned the tide in the fight as I recall. Let's hole up in one of the abandoned buildings till dawn, taking turns with the watch. We could consider in safety how to proceed from there, and I for one could make a useful adjustment to my own spells - sheesh, what kind of a wizard brings a sleep spell to an undead hunt? Uh, no need to answer that. In any event, dawn seems like a better time to renew our investigation.

What do you say fellows?

[sblock=Stats]
Vlastos Human Wizard
Initiative +4
Passive Insight 17 Passive Perception 12 Senses normal
HP 24 Bloodied 12 Surge Value 6 Surges Per-Day 8
AC 14 Fortitude 13 Reflex 15 Will 15
Second Wind not used
Powers
Magic Missile
Cloud of Dagger
Thunderwave
Icy Terrain
Sleep
Ghost Sound
Light
Mage Hand
Prestigitation

[/sblock]

garyh

First Post
OOC: FYI Vlastos, Sleep does work on undead in 4th Edition (as do sneak attacks and critical hits). So feel free to change you prepared spell if you like, but don't feel you need to. I figure this sort of knowledge would have been picked up when you learned the Sleep spell.

I'll wait a bit longer to see if the if Skalisss and Vlastos have swayed the group.

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC] I'm not sure, but it sounds a bit extrem to do a full rest after only one combat... I know some have expended 4 Healing surge, but how many daily we expend? I don´t think much. We are still up to go I think. At least Trevor would be willing to continue.

Noted, he spend an healing surge (Now down by 2) to put him at 24/29 hp.[/SBLOCK]

JRYoung

First Post
OOC: Skaliss is fine to continue, Dragon Breath is an encounter power and has recharged. Steppyn got clobbered and is down to one healing surge. I know from personal experience that a character becomes almost unhealable when it runs out of surges, lay on hands is one of the few things we have that will work. So, this is a good reason to try for the extended rest.

OOC: Sorry to meta-game on you guys. It just seems like a very risky situation to me.

garyh

First Post
One of the buildings that's still standing and relatively whole is the town hall. It appears to be a reasonably defensibly position, with all the walls intact, and only missing the front door and windows, and featuring a small hole in the roof.

Vlastos

First Post
Vlastos joins the group as they head to camp (right?). Early to bed, early to rise, he says to noone in particular...

We still have no clue as to where the tomb is...

...surely the dawn will shed new light on the situation.

I'll take first watch if no one else minds, he offers.

[sblock=Stats]
Vlastos Human Wizard
Initiative +4
Passive Insight 17 Passive Perception 12 Senses normal
HP 24 Bloodied 12 Surge Value 6 Surges Per-Day 8
AC 14 Fortitude 13 Reflex 15 Will 15
Second Wind not used
Powers
Magic Missile
Cloud of Dagger
Thunderwave
Icy Terrain