• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Necromancer's Skull (Judge - covaithe)

JRYoung

First Post
Skalisss nods in agreement. "The town hall over there looksss like it ssshould provide ssshelter, let usss camp in there. We ssshould ssset watch in pairsss, or two and three, I will watch with the Wizard on firssst watch."

Last edited:

garyh

First Post
Skalisss and Vlastos hear a scraping noise just outside the town hall towards the end of their watch, but are unable to see anything. It was probably just an animal...

As dawn rises over the abandoned town, the party awakens refreshed and ready to find the tomb. Prior to the zombie attack, Vlastos' religious knowledge had allowed him to notice on the weathered tombstones in the northern part of the graveyard that some of the holy symbols of Lauto - commonly placed on grave markers to show respect for the Lord of Death - had been defaced. Perhaps that would be the place to start the search again...

Skill Challenge: Locate the entrance to the necromancer's tomb.
Complexity 1 (Requires 4 successes before 3 failures)
Primary skills: Dungeoneering, Perception
Secondary skills: Arcana, History, Religion

OOC: You still need to find the tomb, but the progress you made last night will make is easier to find the entrance now.

garyh

First Post
Steppyn notices amongst the northen tombstones a patch of ground that seems to be sunken oddly.

+2 to the next Dungeoneering check.

Skalisss recognizes one of the tombstones in the section Steppyn discovered as having a holy symbol of Lauto this is not scratched out, but rather oddly is upside down.

+2 to the next Arcana check.

Successes - 2 / Failures - 0

Vlastos

First Post
This morning is excellent for finding tombs, Vlastos thinks to himself as he draws the razor across his skull. A thin trickle of blood, he wipes it off so as to complete his ritual. He pauses to clutch the familiar polyhedron in his pocket - inspiration is needed today. Then, travelling with everyone to reconsider the northern part of the grave yard, Vlastos smiles with insight at the simplicity revealed by the early morning sun.

Alright, gents, he announces, one tomb location coming up! Arcana 1d20+9+1 -> [18,10] = 28 +2 = 30!

[sblock=Stats]
Vlastos Human Wizard
Initiative +4
Passive Insight 17 Passive Perception 12 Senses normal
HP 24 Bloodied 12 Surge Value 6 Surges Per-Day 8
AC 14 Fortitude 13 Reflex 15 Will 15
Second Wind not used
Powers
Magic Missile
Cloud of Dagger
Thunderwave
Icy Terrain
Sleep
Ghost Sound
Light
Mage Hand
Prestigitation
[/sblock]

Last edited:

garyh

First Post
Vlastos recognizes the upside-down symbol of Lauto as the symbol of necromancers, representing their inversion of the natural state of death. Further, he is able to sense a faint necromantic aura from the grave under the so-marked tombstone.

Successes - 3 / Failures - 0

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK]I'm back. I'll try to catch up all my games tonight. If someone could just make a small review of teh last events for me to make sure I don't miss anyting, it would be welcome.[/SBLOCK]

Remove ads