D&D 5E The New D&D Book: Tasha's Cauldron of Everything!

tashacover.jpg

The new D&D book has been revealed, and it is Tasha's Cauldron of Everything, "a magical mixture of rules options for the world's greatest roleplaying game." The 192-page book is due out November 17th, with standard and alternate covers, and contains more subclasses, spells, character options, group patrons, and rules. Oh, and psionics!

tasha.png

Cover art is by Magali Villeneuve

WHAT WONDERFUL WITCHERY IS THIS?

A magical mixture of rules options for the world's greatest roleplaying game.

The wizard Tasha, whose great works include the spell Tasha’s hideous laughter, has gathered bits and bobs of precious lore during her illustrious career as an adventurer. Her enemies wouldn’t want these treasured secrets scattered across the multiverse, so in defiance, she has collected and codified these tidbits for the enrichment of all.
  • EXPANDED SUBCLASSES. Try out subclass options for every Dungeons & Dragons class, including the artificer, which appears in the book.
  • MORE CHARACTER OPTIONS. Delve into a collection of new class features and new feats, and customize your character’s origin using straightforward rules for modifying a character’s racial traits.
  • INTRODUCING GROUP PATRONS. Whether you're part of the same criminal syndicate or working for an ancient dragon, each group patron option comes with its own perks and types of assignments.
  • SPELLS, ARTIFACTS & MAGIC TATTOOS. Discover more spells, as well as magic tattoos, artifacts, and other magic items for your campaign.
  • EXPANDED RULES OPTIONS. Try out rules for sidekicks, supernatural environments, natural hazards, and parleying with monsters, and gain guidance on running a session zero.
  • A PLETHORA OF PUZZLES. Ready to be dropped into any D&D adventure, puzzles of varied difficulty await your adventurers, complete with traps and guidance on using the puzzles in a campaign.
Full of expanded content for players and Dungeon Masters alike, this book is a great addition to the Player's Handbook and the Dungeon Master’s Guide. Baked in you'll find more rule options for all the character classes in the Player's Handbook, including more subclass options. Thrown in for good measure is the artificer class, a master of magical invention. And this witch's brew wouldn't be complete without a dash of added artifacts, spellbook options, spells for both player characters and monsters, magical tattoos, group patrons, and other tasty goodies.

Here's the alternate cover:

Screen Shot 2020-08-24 at 4.07.15 PM.png

UPDATE! An online event called D&D Celebration from September 18th-20th will be hosted by Elle Osili-Wood, which is "an epic live event with panels, gameplay, & previews of the book!" See the video in the Tweet below!

Gather your party and join the adventure at  D&D Celebration 2020, an online gaming event open to fans all over the world!

Celebrate the release of  Icewind Dale: Rime of the Frostmaiden  with a weekend of Icewind Dale–themed virtual play sessions and help us create the biggest virtual tabletop roleplaying game event ever! Fans will also get the chance to preview some content from  Tasha’s Cauldron of Everything, the forthcoming book featuring massive rules options, subclasses, and more for the fifth edition of Dungeons & Dragons. Watch featured play sessions with D&D luminaries and learn something new with a slate of panels led by the D&D design team and community.

UPDATE! Check out the Nerdarchy site for some previews.

tcoe-eldritch-storms.jpg

Chapter-1-Opener-Tasha-and-Baba-Yaga-scaled.jpg

UPDATE! Other news items around the web about this book:

Last edited:

Azzy

ᚳᚣᚾᛖᚹᚢᛚᚠ
Bronto's possibly didn't, but the common ancestor of dinosaurs and pterosaur had feather-like structures. Generally speaking the lines we have evidence for them appearing are the Ceratopsians (IE: Triceratops) and the Therapods (Velociraptor, Tyrannosaurus, etc.), plus their very close relatives the Pterosaurs (Pteranadon, Quetzalcoatlus) were covered in not-feathers, and crocodiles have the gene in them as well (albeit deactivated)
If you haven't read this, you might also find it interesting. (You have to sign up to AAAS, for free, to access the full article.)

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
Some research now suggests they may have had a break structure, even.

Honestly all the bird stuff makes dinosaurs much, much weirder.
Science has destroyed my childhood. First, Pluto is no longer a planet, then Brontosaurus did not exist and now Brontosaurus is back but they (and T-rex) had feathers... Next, they will be telling me that a computer can beat a human champion at Go.

Oofta

Legend
One of the short stories (probably written in the 50s) I remember was about people who built a machine that could see into the distant past. One of the things that surprised them was that the dinosaurs all had brilliantly colored feathers. When they told the scientist who built the machine what they had seen, he simply said "Well, we don't really know what they looked like."

We still don't know what dinosaurs looked like but this article talks about what modern animals might look like if all we had were fossils.

Mecheon

Sacabambaspis
We still don't know what dinosaurs looked like but this article talks about what modern animals might look like if all we had were fossils.
Highly recommended book, by the way

Science has destroyed my childhood. First, Pluto is no longer a planet, then Brontosaurus did not exist and now Brontosaurus is back but they (and T-rex) had feathers...
Science marches ever on. Spinosaurus has gone from "I 'unno, like, a Megalosaurus with a sail?' to 'Its like Baryonyx except HUGE and could take down Tyrannosaurs' to 'Large water-bound lad' to 'Large water-bound lad except his tail is like a bloody newt's tail' over a much shorter time

Also maaan. Dwarf planets. That's. That's a mess of a discussion to have one day.

EthanSental

Legend
Supporter
Kinda of surprised 2 weeks later neither FG or dndbeyond have it up for sale. Typically not that long of a gap in the past release as they typically have advance copy to start building it out for their programs. I wonder if it was a semi surprise release by WoTC? Opinions or has this already been covered in the last 49 pages?

Kurotowa

Legend
Kinda of surprised 2 weeks later neither FG or dndbeyond have it up for sale. Typically not that long of a gap in the past release as they typically have advance copy to start building it out for their programs. I wonder if it was a semi surprise release by WoTC? Opinions or has this already been covered in the last 49 pages?

The book hasn't been released. It was announced for a release in November.

EthanSental

Legend
Supporter
I’m aware of that, but typically in the past, the 2 companies had the new book almost the same day or a couple days later to purchase on their sites. It hasn’t, that I can remember, taken 2 weeks. Anyone else know if it’s ever taken more than a week that I’m forgetting?

Kurotowa

Legend
I’m aware of that, but typically in the past, the 2 companies had the new book almost the same day or a couple days later to purchase on their sites.

Yes, and they will have it for sale, after the book releases on November 17th. Which is a bit more than two months in the future. So no, no one is going to have it available until then, because you can't buy a book before it's released.

EthanSental

Legend
Supporter
Dndbeyond presale it often. Looking at my order sheet, I preordered Rime of the frostmaiden on 6/19, 3 months before it releases. I preordered the Theros book on March 13, 3 months before it releases. Bought Wildamount on Jan 15 release in March 17, couple months before....catch what I’m saying or are we talking about different things? These are dndbeyond presales, not amazon btw.

with these examples, a couple months before would be mid September so about on time for them to list it for sale in a week or two.

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases