The New FREEPORT: CITY OF ADVENTURE Book Is Enormous!

Green Ronin has received advance copies of its Freeport: City of Adventure hardcover for the Pathfinder RPG. The classic setting, weighing in at 544 ful-color pages, the book - which comes with a poster map! - is enormous. In fact, it's the largest book Green Ronin has ever made. It's not available quite yet (though the PDF is), but it should hit shelves for $74.95 soon! Freeport is "a metropolis that mixes fantasy tropes, piracy, and Lovecraftian horror into an action packed setting."

Green Ronin has received advance copies of its Freeport: City of Adventure hardcover for the Pathfinder RPG. The classic setting, weighing in at 544 ful-color pages, the book - which comes with a poster map! - is enormous. In fact, it's the largest book Green Ronin has ever made. It's not available quite yet (though the PDF is), but it should hit shelves for $74.95 soon! Freeport is "a metropolis that mixes fantasy tropes, piracy, and Lovecraftian horror into an action packed setting."

freeport_map.jpg

freeport_side.jpg

Got an update from Dylan Templar at Green Ronin as well. Looks like the issue was between Amazon and the distribution people that Green Ronin use for Amazon. Hopefully it should be all sorted now and the book comes back in stock at Amazon and the back orders start flowing out again.

Koloth

First Post
It is Here! Who would have thought that prying the book out of Amazon's hands would be half the adventure? It took a 2nd round of contacting Amazon, via email this time, to provoke positive action. I think including the facts I had contacted Green Ronin and was discussing the failure on a forum encouraged action. Based on the status updates I received, it looks like Amazon had a different supplier ship the book. Have yet to get any kind of "We are sorry it took 6 months after others got their book for you to get yours." message.

If anyone is still waiting, send a polite but firm email to Amazon customer service.

It is Here! Who would have thought that prying the book out of Amazon's hands would be half the adventure? It took a 2nd round of contacting Amazon, via email this time, to provoke positive action. I think including the facts I had contacted Green Ronin and was discussing the failure on a forum encouraged action. Based on the status updates I received, it looks like Amazon had a different supplier ship the book. Have yet to get any kind of "We are sorry it took 6 months after others got their book for you to get yours." message.

If anyone is still waiting, send a polite but firm email to Amazon customer service.

Cheers for that. I've sent a friendly email to Amazon customer service for them to chase this up for me. I mentioned that someone in the same situation as me had now received their book.

Well I got a reply from Amazon, which read like someone was cutting and pasting from a script. Replied to that email and got a reply to my response which still didn't really tell me anything and also read like someone was cutting and pasting from a script. Basically they told me that Amazon don't have any copies of the book in stock and don't know when they will be getting more.

I've replied to that email and also emailed Green Ronin again to update them on my situation. Hopefully I get some resolution soon, but I'm not holding my breath.

Koloth

First Post
Their 1st response to my email was much the same. They sent a 2nd response a bit later listing other vendors with the book but at a higher price and shipping extra. I sent a response to that suggesting that someone at Amazon who's title included the word Chief or President contact the CEO of the supplier in question and suggest they get more books even if they had to purchase from the list that Amazon sent me. A day later I started getting status updates of prices changes and then a shipping notice. Not sure what magic button I managed to push but something worked.

Gee what are the odds, I send a series of emails to Amazon customer service and a (late) Christmas miracle happens. Suddenly Amazon do have a copy of Freeport available and I receive a notification that it will be shipping to me shortly! Huzzah!!

DarkStalkerJ

First Post
It's fairly excellent, and I'm totally happy with mine... though I think $75 is a bit steep, despite the quality. I'd compare it closest to Ptolus but that tome is way, way more ambitious in many ways, IMO.

Remove ads

Remove ads