• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The (new) Immortals Handbook Thread

Hi all! :)

Okay I have decided to call time on the old thread - so if moderators are at hand feel free to lock it.

I have just updated my website with the first monster from the Bestiary. Amilictli (All-Relentless Thunders).

There are probably one or two things that might change in the final version (note 'Boredom' might be deleted and simply referenced within the text; vengeful gaze may be given a save). Also of note is that its Challenge Rating based on WotC CRs, not my revised system to avoid confusion. ;)

I will add the illustration tomorrow, then the following day I will add another monster from the Bestiary. ;)

Samuel Leming

First Post
I'm very much interested in the Immortals Handbook, so I welcome your new thread.

I didn't read much of your old thread. It felt too much like I was reading somebody's private conversations.

Um... When will you publish?

Sam

Knight Otu

First Post
Samuel Leming said:

Sam
That's the one million dollar question, isn't it? :p

I'd certainly delete boredom. Elemental subtype? Why not elemental type? Remember the thing about the thunder worms.

Hey there Samuel! :)

Samuel Leming said:
I'm very much interested in the Immortals Handbook, so I welcome your new thread.

I didn't read much of your old thread. It felt too much like I was reading somebody's private conversations.

Yes, I thought 72 pages might be somewhat intimidating for people to jump into. Also it was getting a bit unwieldy for me.

Samuel Leming said:

...y'know if I had a dollar for every time I've been asked that... :eek:

The only answer I can give is 'as soon as possible'. I get my fingers burnt giving out dates, and there have been a number of personal things stifling progress - not least my own ineptitude it would seem. But I'll get there in the end.

Hiya mate! :)

Knight Otu said:
That's the one million dollar question, isn't it? :p

Beat me to it, darn you. :D

Knight Otu said:
I'd certainly delete boredom.

That will likely be dropped.

Knight Otu said:
Elemental subtype? Why not elemental type?

Well it can't be both and it gains the best stats from being, first and foremost, an Outsider.

Knight Otu said:
Remember the thing about the thunder worms.

Yes but I'm just thinking, thunder worm is a generic term and might refer to a monster I am creating. :p

Kavon

Explorer
Wooh, new thread :3

Well, anyway, I'm still lurking in here, waiting to see how things progress XP

Hmm.. * goes back to pondering what to do with his own stuff * :X

Wolv0rine

First Post
I've been following the other thread, kinda-sorta, off and on, and I've been wondering (might be in the other thread somewhere, but I'm not searching through 75 pages to find it)... you're working on the Bestiary, but what about the main Immortals Handbook itself? Are you just working on the bestiary first, or did you finish the main book and I missed it?

Impeesa

Explorer
Subscribed!

Preview = cool. :) Though it looks to me like it has regeneration with no means of bypassing it - is that a simple omission? Most of the ELH abominations have some fast healing, and then regeneration negated by appropriately aligned weapons or weapons meeting some flavorful condition.

--Impeesa--

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
Upper_Krust said:
Also of note is that its Challenge Rating based on WotC CRs, not my revised system to avoid confusion.

And I thank you for that. The 'double-CR' notation was confusing, and since the systems are equivilant (just multiply appropriately) I'm happy to see the simplification.

On a similar note: Would you glance at this CR list of creatures from your site? I'm a bit confused by a few, and a brief clarification or three would help.

* Crown Naga (25) -- 25/38, I guess, but maybe 17/25?
* Epic Tarrasque (44/66)
* Amilictli (85/128)
* Talos (128) -- 85/128 or 128/188?
* Godzilla (120/200) -- shouldn't this be 133/200 or 120/180?
* King Ghidorah (133/200)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads