D&D 5E The new UA feats are AWESOME for sorcerers.

I would prefer the feats be written in the way that instead of specifying Darkness and Misty Step as the second level spells granted....ANY spell could be chosen instead, (school limitations to met flavor considerations is fine).

Uses of Darkness and Misty Step are granted by many different sources as is, already.🤦

I also would like to see the spells granted by the Feats be retrainable, either upon Level Up or on Long Rest.
This would help Sorcerers quite a bit.

Pauln6

Hero
I would prefer the feats be written in the way that instead of specifying Darkness and Misty Step as the second level spells granted....ANY spell could be chosen instead, (school limitations to met flavor considerations is fine).

Uses of Darkness and Misty Step are granted by many different sources as is, already.🤦

I also would like to see the spells granted by the Feats be retrainable, either upon Level Up or on Long Rest.
This would help Sorcerers quite a bit.
But that's just wish fulfilment. They aren't that crazy. Yet.

They aren't that crazy. Yet.
Most of what I indicated was already proposed by WotC in the Alternative Class Features U/A.
If those changes were adopted as presented initially, then retraining spells on a Long Rest will be a Sorcerer Class ability.

WotC is crazy enough to float a trial balloon. Only time will show us, where the balloon lands.

Pauln6

Hero
Most of what I indicated was already proposed by WotC in the Alternative Class Features U/A.
If those changes were adopted as presented initially, then retraining spells on a Long Rest will be a Sorcerer Class ability.

WotC is crazy enough to float a trial balloon. Only time will show us, where the balloon lands.
True, although investment in class levels is a bit bigger than feats I suppose plus not everyone gave favourable feedback on such an easy way to swap spells known. I'd much rather they just knew a few more spells and had some extra spells thematic to their subclasses to choose from.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
True, although investment in class levels is a bit bigger than feats I suppose plus not everyone gave favourable feedback on such an easy way to swap spells known. I'd much rather they just knew a few more spells and had some extra spells thematic to their subclasses to choose from.
The known casters know far too few spells. Prepared are simply better off in every way, and it’s wild.
I’m considering give all known spells casters extra spells so that they’ve the same number known as a prepared caster who starts with a 16, and boosts it at 4 and 8. So, half level+3, then +4 around 4, and up to +5 around 8.

Or maybe just make it half level + Spellcasting mod, round up.

Pauln6

Hero
The known casters know far too few spells. Prepared are simply better off in every way, and it’s wild.
I’m considering give all known spells casters extra spells so that they’ve the same number known as a prepared caster who starts with a 16, and boosts it at 4 and 8. So, half level+3, then +4 around 4, and up to +5 around 8.

Or maybe just make it half level + Spellcasting mod, round up.
It is tricky to balance. Even giving them +1 extra spell know per level would be an improvement from 15 to 23 by level 20 or 24 if you give them 2 extra spells at level one.

I'd quite like to see one or two metamagic options themed towards subclasses.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
It is tricky to balance. Even giving them +1 extra spell know per level would be an improvement from 15 to 23 by level 20 or 24 if you give them 2 extra spells at level one.

I'd quite like to see one or two metamagic options themed towards subclasses.
Is it? They’d have the same number of options at their disposal as a prepared caster.

Pauln6

Hero
Is it? They’d have the same number of options at their disposal as a prepared caster.
Yes, I mean it's tricky because sorcerers were unambiguously and intentionally designed to know fewer spells. The fact that so many people are dissatisfied at them having so few was unintentional. Giving them more would be popular. Giving them the same as prepared casters feels like wish fulfilment and clearly at odds with design intent.

Remove ads