• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Next Most Unrealistic Power

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireLance

Legend
Okay, I'm guessing that by now, it is generally accepted that come and get it is the most unrealistic power in 4e. :p

However, I don't think that it's fair to keep singling it out for mention since it's just one power out of, at last count, about 6,298.

So, what would you consider to be the next most unrealistic power, and why?

(Please note that warrior's urging doesn't count since it's pretty much just a higher-level version of come and get it.)

Dice4Hire

First Post
Magic Missile..... I mean... a WIZARD who can always hit a target?

Or not hit?

Or effect?

Or damage?

Or????

For those of us who aren't well-versed in 4e, what is come and get it?
A fighter power where all the monsters in a three square radius move (or are pulled) towards the fighter and he attacks them. Very cinematic, not so realistic however cool it looks. And not overtly magical either.

A fighter power where all the monsters in a three square radius move (or are pulled) towards the fighter and he attacks them. Very cinematic, not so realistic however cool it looks. And not overtly magical either.

You there, wizard who is dazed and prone, come and be a man so I can beat you into the ground with my warhammer.

*Cue horrified wizard being dragged 10 ft. through the mud.

*Cue wet mulching sounds.

The silliest thing I ever saw with Come and Get It was when the fighter dared a piranha swarm to leap out of the water to try and get him.

Hellzon

First Post
Getting the complainers to harp about some other power when they complain about the imaginary breaks in verisimilitude? A noble effort.

I submit Bloody Path, Rogue L15 Daily. Move past a bunch of monsters to make them bite/hack/stab themselves. That's not so bad, but if they're better at hitting, they're more likely to hit themselves.

Last edited:

Raven Crowking

First Post
You should have picked reaping strike. That one can kill you with a miss (unless you're a minion). ;)

Indeed. There is nothing at all verisimilitude-breaking about magic allowing for a magical effect. What is verisimilitude-breaking is something non-magical (mundane) allowing for a magical effect.

4e healing is still high on that list, for me. Not the idea of it, mind you, but the execution.

RC

Mage hand.

There's just no way anyone would ever bother to adventure if he could just use magic to get beer from the fridge without getting up.

Thus, the entire premise of the game (PCs go on adventures) is unrealistic.

Not to mention the way that long distance communication spells (like Sending) or transportation spells (like Teleport) completely nullify any need to walk anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads