The Northern Reaches, Act I

DM_Trav

First Post
Odd would like to ask the following questions to Nessedrik.

1. Who was the old man we just killed and took this "stick from", and why are the goblins working with/for him?
2. What can Nessedrik tell us about the ring and other items we also obtained from the old man?
3. What is so important or special about this "stick"
4. Who does Nessedrik work for and why did he betray the group at the light house?
5. What are the flasks he carries along his vest and would he bo open to trading or bartering with us?

My charisma is 13 and I do speak Goblin.
GM: Wow, that's a lot of stuff to ask somebody all at once. First, you are going to need to get his trust before he will tell you anything.
The goblin appears confused and frustrated, and cuts you off in the middle of your first question. "Too many questions!" he says, waving his hand. "Sticks and potions and shiny trinkets and dead humans...why do you want to know so much, elf? Give me the stick."

Last edited:

Odd_Stallard

First Post
Odd smiles at Nessedrick and apologizes for the line of questioning saying that the curiosity reagrding the old man, stems from the fact that he died before we got to question him. Odd then takes the stick and hands it over to nessedrick and thanks him for getting us into the lighthouse.

DM_Trav

First Post
The goblin snatches it eagerly from you, and studies the surface carefully. Satisfied, he nods curtly at you. "Well done, elf. You might prove worthy of your race after all." Nessedrik leans on the spear handle as if it were a crutch. He studies you for a moment, then his eyes turn to the dead body of the wizard. "You should know that the human you have slain here today was an important man, at least in the city you call Norrvik. The Thane will be quite upset with you, when he discovers you have killed his brother." The goblin then turns away from you and walks down the stairs, chuckling as he goes.

GM: Nessedrik has a limited inventory of alchemical preparations for sale. You may buy any of the alchemist items in the SRD with a value of 50 gp or less (acid, alchemist's fire, antitoxin, holy water, smokesticks, sunrod, tanglefoot bag, thunderstone, tindertwig), and the following poisons: small centipede poison, greenblood oil, blue whinnis, and medium spider venom.

XP award: 50 each.

Last edited:

Lars_Lundgren

First Post
I'm a searching fiend

Having become smarter after defeating the wizard, Lars is going to take another crack at picking the lock on the door on the second floor.

Remove ads