• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Official Welcome Thread - Version 2.0

chapmanb

First Post
Brian E. Chapman

Hi,

New to the site. Just started looking into making a PC. An attept to get started adventuring. Have not played in a while, but am looking forward to it again.

Brian

lazerfish

First Post
Hey folks. I'm a longtime player of 3E, and now a reluctant DM. I'm looking for advice on how to handle an exceptionally large party, and I can't find the search function. I'd rather not start a new thread for this, so if someone could point me in the direction of the elusive search, I'd be very grateful.

MaelStorm

First Post
I am an old time RP gamer. The last games I played was about 10 years ago.

I always loved the D&D game but after playing a lot with AD&D 2e, a started to be confused a bit and was looking for a more realistic approach. I was introduced to HERO SYSTEM and GURPS 2e and much liked the do anything you want point-based system, I adopted GURPS as my favorite system. After that I played Shadowrun 1e/2e and really liked the different approach.

After a long time, I miss the fun of RPGs and want to play again. When will I be able to play? I don't know, since I lost track of all the people I used to play with. And my currents friends are not really into it. But I know I will! Because I want to make it happen again.

I was considering playing D&D 3.5 and was impressed with all the change they brought up since I stopped playing D&D. But... since the announcement of the release of D&D 4e, and reading this forum, I think I will wait until this summer and buy the new core books in June.

Sardor

First Post
As always, a latecomer

Hi there,

I just found the time to join, even though I have been reading the excellent 4e news digest since it started appearing. Thanks to everyone for all the interesting posts!
On the whole, I'm quite excited about 4e, especially since it promises to be less cumbersome and in many ways simpler than 3e. Since I DM a bunch of relative newbs, any time saving is much appreciated.
Forward to Summer!

Sardor

Mysteris

First Post
Hi!

Hello!

I found out about this site thanks to a link to the Immortals' Handbook page and their monster design contest. I look forward to seeing more of you around and reading your posts. :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads