The Orville - Season 1

Episode 4 - "For the world is hollow and I have touched the sky"-ish.

I recognized the the generation ship plot line as a possibility before they even entered the ship.
It had a nice take on the use of rancor to control people, shut down opposition, and maintain control.
The part that really bothered me is the reaction to opening up the sky should have been sheer panic.

I would so love a sci-fi show to focus on traditional military style structured away teams. The various Stargate series came closest, but too often in even in that franchise, higher-ranked or invaluable personnel were sent into dangerous situations.

Well, the SG-1 team was the exploration team, of course, so it made sense most of the time. Everyone had valuable skills, but they were decidedly valuable in the field primarily.

Ryujin

Legend
I recognized the the generation ship plot line as a possibility before they even entered the ship.
It had a nice take on the use of rancor to control people, shut down opposition, and maintain control.
The part that really bothered me is the reaction to opening up the sky should have been sheer panic.

Panic, or stunned shock. I'd take either response to something that massive and new.

The methods of control even reminded me of "StarLost"; religious oppression of a largely agrarian populace.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
Ya, fear would have been their response. That could have been an interesting thing to follow. Maybe.

Last edited:

Remove ads