The Pathfinder 2 Barometer! Vote your initial hot take!

Pathfinder fans! What's your initial takeaway gut reaction to the news of Pathfinder 2? Vote in the poll (if you are using a platform which doesn't show the poll, find it here).

poll-how-to.jpg

[FONT=&quot]Save[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Save[/FONT]

Last edited by a moderator:

Raith5

Adventurer
I will have a look. I like new and shiny stuff and I think there is a space for a more complicated/tactical system than 5e. In particular am interested on how martial characters work in PF2.

Last edited by a moderator:

GreyLord

Legend
Ah crocks...this is what I get for not reading all the answers. I put I couldn't care less, but then realized that the answer of I'm not a Pathfinder fan I don't even know why I'm voting in this poll was at the bottom!!!

If they make it a rehash of AD&D though...I'm all in!

Silver Griffin

Explorer
Considering the success of Starfinder I can see why they might want to latch on to that to increase sales. But calling it a cash grab is doing them a disservice. That not only implies they don't care about existing customers (they do) & that they don't care about the consequences. I truly believe that they want to fix the game engine to make thing work better.

The real question for me is how hard is it going to be to convert things from 1st edition to 2nd (& maybe the other way). If it's like going from 3rd edition to current Pathfinder then I say fantastic because that is easy. If it's like 2nd edition to current Pathfinder (but not the other way around) I'm OK with that since core concepts do carry over. It it's like 3rd to 4th then I have a problem (talking only about conversion, NOT an edition war). Just as important to me will be how many 3PP will put out guides for converting their stuff.

Details are too scarce to make much of anything right now. I do hope they do a better job of listening to the play testers than they did with mythic though. So far I have only seen 1 thing I don't like. That being that shields don't do anything unless you use a reaction to make they work & then only for 1 attack. I think that having it give +2 to AC in general & then use the reaction to reduce the damage would work much better.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
I'm always intrigued, and I'll always take a look, at any new RPG.

D&D? Sure. Pathfinder? You bet. GURPS? Shadowrun? Boot Hill? Toon? Pile 'em on, baby. I'm all eyes.

Vayman

Explorer
It's "not for me", but only because I'm a late arrival to Pathfinder over the past year. I've built up my library with the books and would like to get my money's worth out of them before looking into a system that will invalidate a good portion (or require me to perform conversions just for the sake of the new version).

Grimstaff

Explorer
I'll certainly take a look. Especially to see if they correct any of the high-level play issues that seem to plague d20 derivatives. And backing off the extreme level of bloat PF had accumulated can only be a good thing for attracting new players.

As someone who's been running Paizo adventures converted to 5e and B/X for the last few years, as long as they continue to produce quality adventures and campaign setting material I'm good.

ddaley

Explorer
We considered that, but didn't feel like that would be fair to our brick and mortar retailer partners, who are a significant part of the Pathfinder ecosystem, and one that we're trying to support more and more.

That makes sense... this would have been a wildly successful kickstarter though.

S

Sunseeker

Largely very "meh". One of the reasons I enjoy Pathfinder is the massive product support and improvements over 3E. I don't see a lot of room to improve over 5E and it certainly wont have massive product support for years to come.

ddaley

Explorer
Largely very "meh". One of the reasons I enjoy Pathfinder is the massive product support and improvements over 3E. I don't see a lot of room to improve over 5E and it certainly wont have massive product support for years to come.

As others have mentioned, there is room for PF2 along side PF1 and 5e. There is a middle ground that has more crunch than 5e but is more streamlined than PF1. And, if they can manage to make this backward compatible with existing PF1 adventures, then there will be tons of content available immediately.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases