• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Peanut Gallery

Velmont

First Post
My NPC just made 5 critical in 5 rounds, on per round (in 6 attack)... That mean an attack at 2d6+5, add sneak attack on every of these critical (he had combat advantage on each one) for an extra 2d6. That's make a 29 damage. But the guy even did 2d6 critical damage for a big total of 2d6+29 per round.

The two question I wonder now is, why this happen when 3 of the critical was against an NPC, and why all these 20 rolled by one of my Monster when I would have preferred them on one of my PC!

BenBrown

First Post
Stalking the Prey, Round 10
Death Mote 1: Deathly Arc: 17 Fort vs Kaz, hit, 5 necrotic damage reduced to 2. Rerisen Boost(when Stalker 1 fails a save): grants Stalker 1 a second save and is destroyed.
Death Mote 2: Deathly Arc: 23 Fort vs Kaz, hit, 5 necrotic damage reduced to 2. Rerisen Boost(when Stalker 1 fails a save): grants Stalker 1 a second save and is destroyed.
Death Mote 3: Deathly Arc: 12 Fort vs Kaz, miss. Rerisen Boost(when Stalker 1 fails a save): grants Stalker 1 a second save and is destroyed.
Death Mote 4: Deathly Arc: 19 Fort vs Kaz, hit, 5 necrotic damage reduced to 2. Rerisen Boost(when Stalker 1 fails a save): grants Stalker 1 a second save and is destroyed.
Death Mote 7: Deathly Arc: 26 Fort vs Kaz, hit, 5 necrotic damage reduced to 2. Rerisen Boost(when Stalker 1 fails a save): grants Stalker 1 a second save and is destroyed.
Death Mote 8: Deathly Arc: 23 Fort vs Scarm, hit, 5 necrotic damage. Rerisen Boost(when Stalker 1 fails a save): grants Stalker 1 a second save and is destroyed.

Rerisen Stalker 1: Rerise: 5, fail. Reroll: 9, fail. Reroll: 7, fail. Reroll: 7, fail. Reroll: 8, fail. Reroll: 9, fail. Reroll: 8, fail. <Holy crap, that was with +2 to its saves! To quote one of the best movies ever: "Inconceivable".>
Rerisen Stalker 2: Shimmerskin: Invisible, shift to N9. Claws(+2 CA): 19 AC vs Fredrock, miss. Terrifying Gaze(+2 CA): 22 Will vs Fredrock, hit, 20 psychic damage reduced to 16 and -2 defenses and slowed(save ends).

Rerisen Dead Y: Slam(+2 CA): 13 AC vs Fredrock, miss.
Rerisen Dead S: Slam: 19 AC vs Fredrock, miss.

Not much to say, other than being amazed by the whiff-fest on the part of the monsters.

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
At home, I'm running a Tabletop game of the Tomb of Horrors. A while ago, when the party encountered the gargoyle, it was immediately hit by the wizard's Sleep spell, against which the gargoyle failed 6 consecutive saves, after the second of which the party hacked away at the gargoyle Coup de Grace style, making quite short work of a creature that could easily have killed them all.

I guess all I'm saying is, "I feel your pain."

BTW: The Princess Bride is not one of the best movies ever. It is the best movie ever!

FourMonos

First Post
BTW: The Princess Bride is not one of the best movies ever. It is the best movie ever!

Maybe not the spot for this, but I couldn't resist: "You've fallen victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous of which is 'Never get involved in a land war in Asia', but only slightly less well known is this..."

covaithe

Explorer
Iron Sky said:
"Not only was the City Watch investing significant manpower in the case, they also hired a group of trained, reliable, professional, and highly skilled outside investigators to help bring the case to a conclusion."

I haven't actually read the adventure in question, but this bit makes me think there must have been some entertainingly wacky hijinks involved. :)

Remove ads