'The Perilous (Chapter I, II, III, IV)

DELMAR, LILLIANA, PHELEN, THANE, BELOK:

As Phelen utters the phrase "...Hold the portal.."

There is a flicker of light and the group suddenly feels themselves experiencing the sudden shock of momentary weightlessness. The air shimmers and dissolves and after a moment there is a second, much brighter flash of light. You realize you have been teleported.

You arrive stuffed into the smallish entranceway of what seems like a fairly nice tavern or inn. The floor is graven stone, covered with runes. Your eyes adjust to tasteful lighting from softly glowing orbs that seem to hover in mid-air, and the room is further decorated with rich paintings and strange and exotic decorative plants growing from painted urns. From further in, you can hear the sounds of light conversation, and faint music.

Because of the cramped size of the entrance alcove, which was probably never meant for more than 1 or 2 people at a time, Delmar, Thane and Lilliana appear uncomfortably locked together, and Phelen is being held by the overly large Belok. It's like a game of twister gone horribly awry.

A well-dressed goblin in a red felt fez and wire-rim spectacles is standing across from the alcove. A look of surprise crosses his face at first but then fades quickly.

"Welcome to the Prismatic Spray. Party of five?" he asks dryly.

Last edited:

SHER FARHID:

Sher heads down towards the dunes, which are a far less travelled wilderness area. He slinks through the shadows, trying to stay aware of any threats or dangers.

He pauses for a moment by a patch of scrub brush and rock. The unmistakable sound of a twig breaking somewhere up ahead. And breathing. It's a predator, lying in wait for something, making a deliberate attempt to stay quiet.

There is something out there. He can't see it yet, but he can hear it. He's not sure if it has seen (or heard him).

Lobo Lurker

First Post
Thane smiles sheepishly. "Party of six, my good sir. Mil'lady here is expecting another companion a bit later." Squeezing out of the entryway, he holds his hand out for Liliana, as if she's the Lady and he the Knight. Putting all of his knowlege of courtly customs and his life experiences, he plays this to the hilt. "This way Lady Liliana, I'm sure you'll find comfortable accomodations here. Next time, we'll have to remember to send your entourage through the portal in twos."

OOC: Do I have to roll anything?

Last edited:

OOC: No rolls required.

The goblin claps his hands twice and one of the hovering orbs of light flits over to your group, which is now embarassedly extricating themselves from each other.

"Just follow your guide, and direct any questions or requests to it. Through that archway is Otho, the desk registrar, or you are welcome to visit our .. wine parlour.. The Regnant Room is currently full."

He looks quizzically at the group for a second and then shrugs.

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
Belok Half-Giant Rogue/Psychic Warrior

Belok carefully places Phelan on the ground after making sure he wasn't spitted on the Glaive and then adjusts his own clothes. He looks sharply at Phelan and says softly, "Let the Wizardess do the magicing next time. I think that spell must have been keyed to the size of the speaker."

Gideon

First Post
Phelen

In at tone that is emulating Thane "Come my goodman" Phelen says in that 'conspirital tone' looking at Belok and holding out his arm. Phelen throws a wink and a smile towards the goblin, puts down his arm, and starts after Thane and Liliana laughing lightly

Scotley

Hero
Belok Half-Giant Rogue/Psychic Warrior

Belok rolls his eyes, but grins at his small friend and follows looking the place over carefully.

I hope the portions aren't as skimpy as the entry way.

Elocin

Lurker (sort of)
Liliana Fighter/Warmage

Lobo Lurker said:
Thane smiles sheepishly. "Party of six, my good sir. Mil'lady here is expecting another companion a bit later." Squeezing out of the entryway, he holds his hand out for Liliana, as if she's the Lady and he the Knight. Putting all of his knowlege of courtly customs and his life experiences, he plays this to the hilt. "This way Lady Liliana, I'm sure you'll find comfortable accomodations here. Next time, we'll have to remember to send your entourage through the portal in twos."

OOC: Do I have to roll anything?

"What, oh right, ahh Sir Knight, thank you." Taking his hand and being led out of the tangle, obvisouly not used to ways of courtly manner.

"We shall head for the registar first and get some rooms where we can store some of our equipment for the night."

Waiting for the light to show the way, whispering to the others, "Lets get a room first and then we can ask this ball of light about the place and make our decsions in privacy."

drdevoid

Explorer
Delmar, Dwarf Cleric of Pelor

Delmar tags along behind and eyes the place up and down. He can't hide the fact that he's impressed. He thinks enviously, "Why is it again that I've spent my life in cramped temples healing the poor and blasting undead..."

He nervously fingers the clasp of his satchel bursting with small rectangular pieces of folded paper, "No. Better not. Wouldn't be courtly. I hope the mages can make sense of all this. I'm out of my depth here.

Just remember the mantra, 'I wish you health and happiness, I wish you health and hapiness, I wish... I wish you'd make a small donation...'"

DELMAR, BELOK, THANE, LILLIANA, PHELEN:

The group of you follow the flickering orb down a long stone hallway. At one point you pass a series of windows. Outside it isn't obviously night, although it is dark. There are more glowing orbs outside, and you notice a school of brightly colored fish swim by, followed by a gliding raylike creature.

At first you take this for an elaborate aquarium disguised as a window, but after a second look you have to conclude that you are indeed somewhere under water.

At the end of the hallway is a large lobby with an intersection of more hallways branching off and a grand staircase.

In the lobby there is a desk staffed by an elf dressed in the same uniform as the goblin was wearing, including a red felt fez. He is surrounded by around 6 more glowing orbs of light that unlike yours are changing colors and occaisionally chirping softly or emitting strains of chimey music.

"Welcome to the Prismatic Spray." he smiles after a momentary dubious look at the less-well-dressed your group. But he seems assured by Thane's noble crest. If you wish to register for a room or rooms, I am at your service. Otherwise the Wine Parlour is open, and in less than an hour the Feast hall will be opening. The Regnant Room is full up at the moment, and the Observation Chamber is up the stairs behind me. If you would like your orb to play music, or record recitations, I can exchange it with one of the specialized ones here. Or I can summon a live bard to accompany you tonight as you wish. Or.. other entertainments. "

He smiles graciously and bows, with a subtley upturned palm.

Remove ads