'The Perilous (Chapter I, II, III, IV)

Elocin

Lurker (sort of)
Peter said:
"Welcome to the Prismatic Spray." he smiles after a momentary dubious look at the less-well-dressed your group. But he seems assured by Thane's noble crest. If you wish to register for a room or rooms, I am at your service. Otherwise the Wine Parlour is open, and in less than an hour the Feast hall will be opening. The Regnant Room is full up at the moment, and the Observation Chamber is up the stairs behind me. If you would like your orb to play music, or record recitations, I can exchange it with one of the specialized ones here. Or I can summon a live bard to accompany you tonight as you wish. Or.. other entertainments. "

"Are there rooms that could accomodate me and my entourage or would we have to get seperate rooms and what is the cost of said rooms?"

(ooc: I think we shoudl ry and get just one as we do not know what to expect in this tavern, I doubt we are in harms way, but it is always better to be prepared.)

"I have not been to this great establishment before but your doorman mentioned that if we had any questions we could just ask these floating orbs here, is that correct? As I can see you are very busy and obviously I need to tidy up some before dinner."

"Thank you for your assistance." Handing him a gold coin, "If I need anything else shoudl I ask you or is there someone else I should contact?"

(ooc: I am hoping we can ask the balls of light about anything that has happened here over the past couple of days. I also want to ask it about this establishment and where in this land we are. I am pretty sure there are no large bodies of water this close to Windfall, so we might be located somewhere along or in the ocean. Depending on what the ball knows, we shoudl get dinner and see if we can mingle there, and then go to the wine parlour and the observation deck to gather our information - Any Thoughts?)

The elf frowns at the gold piece in his hand, but seems to recover quick enough.

"The smallest suite we have is 50 gold for the night. But it has only two single rooms. Are some of your party planning on er.. bunking together?"
He trails off looking at Phelen and Belok and seems to give an involuntary shudder.

Eventually he pockets the coin and goes on,
"We also have the adventurers suite which has 3 rooms and two single beds per room, as well as a common room for 75 gold, and we can go up from there... And our private rooms are around 25 gold per night. They are well appointed and you will also receive the use of an unseen servant for the duration, free of charge. More luxuious accomodations are of course, also available."

He smiles stiffly and takes out a scroll which seems to have multiple versions of the Unseen Servant spell scribed on it.

Last edited:

Lobo Lurker

First Post
"Ahh, true comfort at last. I suggest we all chip in for an Adventurer's suite." Looking thoughfully at the floating orb of light, "Are these orbs sentient?" Then, frowing as if silently berating himself, Thane addresses the orb. "Are you sentient? Do you have a name perhaps?"

Last edited:

Elocin

Lurker (sort of)
"The adventure's suite will be fine, ahhh kind sir. And we would like to be shown there now. I will assume that you will want payment in advance," turning to Delmar, "please pay the man as you should have the gold. Thank you."

drdevoid

Explorer
Delmar, the Cleric that bribes

Delmar seems to fumble with the coin purse for while and seems to be reaching into his satchel as well. "This should cover the damage... (and sliping him a pamphlet with a 5 GP tip inside- OOC: Delmar's funds, not to worry) and this is for your trouble..."

He makes eye contact with the Conceirge and then makes repeated glances to the pamphlet, his coin purse and back again. He clears his throat as his hand drifts imperceptibly closer to the coin purse.

The elven concierge takes the money from Delmar and smiles stiffly after a glance at the pamphlet.

"My own unseen servant will carry your things if you wish. You don't appear to have too much luggage."

He gives Delmar a set of largish keys on a ring and points.

"Yours is the Adventurers Suite down that hallway- the door is marked with the draconic letter 'U'. As in 'Unbelieving Heathen'. Here, I'll write it out for you.."

He makes a symbol on a small scrap of paper, and hands it over.

"There you are. This is the main key, and each of the bedroom has an additional key that also works on the chest in the room. If you wish to purchase additional insurance or accoutrements, simply let your assistant know. Please enjoy your stay."

(OOC: By moving you into your rooms you can do whatever planning you have in private. So I'm moving you to you r rooms in this post as well. Then you can decide to go anywhere you like.)

The group of you heads down the indicated hallway through doors listed with alphabetical runes in draconic, passing only a pair of giggling female gnomes and a bald half-orc, his face covered with burn-scars. When you reach the door with the letter 'U' on it, Delmar lets you in.

The room is very nice; one central chamber with a table and a sofa. There is a small raised stage area with cushions where a bard could conceivably be called to perform, and there are some empty bookshelves. The three doors of of this room each are simple but nicely furnished bedrooms. Each one has it's own pair of single beds, a single chest, wardrobe, 2 nightstands and a wooden armor stand.

The glowing orb hovers over to a mirrored-alcove by the door of the main chamber and brightens considerably, lighting the room.

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
Belok Half-Giant Rogue/Psychic Warrior

Belok looks into each room and tries to gage the sizes of the beds settling on the room with the largest he looks back at the others..."if no one has any objection I'll bunk in here." Dropping his gear he says, "well we're in, but damned if I don't feel like a fish out of water." He turns to the orb feeling very silly, "ah um...Orb, does this place sell wizardlt robes?"

Last edited:

Gideon

First Post
Phelen

"Nice, bit pricey, but nice. Um...If you guys don't mind can we get to finding stuff out? I will also probably sleep at home... I mean the pickpocket has to go ply his trade." At the end of his little rambling Phelen wiggles his fingers while saying the thief part in a very stuck up way.

Elocin

Lurker (sort of)
"Ok so here is what I think we need to find out while we are here;

1) Where we actually are located in the world, mainly for curiosity sake.
2) Anything we can find out about Shabu...
Enemies.
Projects he might have been working on besides the rugs.
What kind of magic is he known for - attack, defense, summoning or just enchanting.
What kind of possible defenses he has at his tower or if there is anyone else living there.
Who else might be interested/looking for Shabu.
When was he here last and possibly how was he acting.
3) Some more information on our employer; who seeks to gain if Poli goes down.
4) Whatever other rumors we can find out about the area.
5) Find out what this Regeant Room.

I think the best place to get our information is going to be in the Wine Palour and possibly the mess hall. Oh, we might want to get a bard up here later on to try and gather some information from him/her as well as they are known for having a lot of information."

Turning to the Glowing Ball of light, "By chance do you have a name or how are we to address you? Also, what information are you able to give us concerning this establishment?" We are very curious to learn where we are and what the Prismatic Spray has to offer us."

Gather Information (1d20+3=11)

Remove ads