• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Pixie is up!

Drammattex

First Post
A friend of mine played a pixie way back when, in our 2e game. Vicious little bastard, and he came from the benevolent strain of their race. Their cousins were malicious tricksters that used to bind mortals to trees by their own entrails when it suited them. Neither race flew, but they could turn invisible and throw blinding globes of light/pixie dust. I'll probably have to bring them back into play now; if I do, I may swap out flight for something else, to keep their story consistent.

hemera

Explorer
I kind of want to make a pixie blackguard in barbed plate with a pick since everyone and everything is bigger than me. That and the thought of a tiny spiky gnat swinging a giant pickaxe just seems funny to me.

Klaus

First Post
Now to write up one of these:

hellboy-2-tooth-fairy_288x288.jpg

The pixie looks pretty cool. Now, what sort of fun racial feats can be dreamed up for it? hehehe. Clearly we could get some kind of Paragon enhanced flight feat.

I know, A Pixie Animal Master with a small flying animal. Hi-ho Thrush, and away!

Zaran

Adventurer
I did a Pixie Rogue in 3.5 as a NPC. She did 1 point of damage with her rapier but it was enough for the 8d6 sneak attack that went with it. We always joked about the fountains of blood that came from her little needle attacks to vital points.

blalien

First Post
I thought the pixie was done well. People are already complaining about how an 18 strength pixie can fly lightweight PCs over a chasm. Whooptie-do.

Holy crap you're right. The carrying capacity rules don't adjust for size. I guess we can assume that whatever magic keeps the pixie afloat also allows them to carry people hundreds of times their own weight.

Last edited:

Vael

Legend
I quite like the Pixie, it looks good. Now, first, I'm going to need to shorten the long list of possible Pixie PCs I want to play, and then I'll need to find some good Pixie-ish miniatures.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads