• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

the portal opens, would you go through?

WayneLigon

Adventurer
Much as I would like to, probably not; my 15-year-old self was less physcially adept than I am even now. If I could be the 15 yo-gymnast/quarterback type, it would be more likely. Work would be much easier to find, since the physically adept will always have a job on any farm there is. After reading Timeline recently, things probably would not be as bad as I'd feared.

If I got to pick my character class and such (slightly more than half the characters I've played or DM'd have been in the 15-17 year old range at 1st level), then heck yes.

Arnwyn

First Post
Hell, no, I wouldn't step through.

I like my indoor plumbing, my massive HDTV, my nice car, heating, central air, movie theatres, and my friends.

Oh, and the fact that there are no fricken' monsters higher on the food chain than me.

Stormborn

Explorer
Don't really want to be 15 again. And I can't see without corrective lenses to save my life, really just blurs of color after the end of my nose. And my wife has a serious cronic illness that is still sometimes fatal, but can be treated if caught early. So I wouldn't put either of us through beign 15 in a world w/o modern medicine. Not to mention the horrors of beign 15.

However, if the portal also clears up my eye sight and her digestive issues? And I go to Ebberon or the Realms? Sure. The biggest difference between me and the 15 year old me is self confidence and experiance. Take the experiance, let me keep the self confidence, I'll be fine.

Or better yet let's assume that the 15 year old me swaps places with the 15 year Stormborn Analog of Ebberon. Its a suprisingly easy fit:
One grandfather was a farmer the other a miner, I grew up on the outskirts of a big city. My father, and his older brother, are in the city watch. I am encouraged to become a Wizard/Artificer or Cleric or Bard. And since I tend to have an ecclectic bent I probablly wind up a Bard/Cleric, I adventure a little bit, traveling to strange realms, and then come back and settle down and deal with local stuff.

Substitute Scientist/Engineer for Wizard/Artificer; Minister for Cleric; and Writer for Bard and you have my real life.

Zimri

First Post
In a heartbeat to faerun

Probably wind up being a CG or CN Barbarian and the wife would likely end up being a LN something or other.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads