The Proper Use of Nudity in FRPG Art

Blue Orange

Gone to Texas
I guess I don't have the definite answer for that.

If I were to take a guess, my best effort would be that in a universe where dragons exist and people can shoot fireballs from their fingertips it wouldn't be unreasonable to also include the idea that sheer magnetism and physical attraction works as a personal protective shield, just as well as physical armor but less heavy and chafing?

The Wilderlands of High Fantasy d20 supplement did that, actually. The amazons had 'amazon armor' that distracted people because it was skimpy but still gave good AC bonuses. Not sure if that was in the original Judges' Guild supplement.

CapnZapp

Legend
The Wilderlands of High Fantasy d20 supplement did that, actually.
Oh, it has been done many times.

The issue here is instead whether we should accept without question the notion such a rule is uniformly bad and whether we should assume anyone suggesting it must be personally insulting us because they're narrow-minded misogynistic pigs or worse.

I'm arguing that, actually, we're better off if we don't.

Mezuka

Hero
This is the proper use of nudity. Drawn by Darleen. Actually looks like a real person anatomically, not the erotic playboy derivative representation most people draw.

darlene3.jpg

S'mon

Legend
The Wilderlands of High Fantasy d20 supplement did that, actually. The amazons had 'amazon armor' that distracted people because it was skimpy but still gave good AC bonuses. Not sure if that was in the original Judges' Guild supplement.
No, in Shield Maidens of Sea Rune they use magic bracers.
The 3e version isn't as you describe though, the Amazon armours have low ish AC bonuses and they derive from the Amazons having psychic precognition powers when scantily clad. :D

S'mon

Legend
You can blame me if it helps! ;) More Frazetta is never bad!
I love the Frazetta Lord of the Rings art, but still feel it's misplaced. I'd rather see the art attached to a new story that mashes up heroic quest fantasy with swords and sorcery tropes. Tolkien needs Tolkienesque art.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases